DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-3/)
-   -   Where Can I Get the "Buffy Bonus Disc" By Itself? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk/492875-where-can-i-get-buffy-bonus-disc-itself.html)

PatD 02-18-07 12:21 AM

Where Can I Get the "Buffy Bonus Disc" By Itself?

Damn it. I took the good time and trouble over the years to get the complete series of Buffy the Vampire Slayer season by season and then they sprung the Chosen Collection.

While I'm a completist, I'm not going to spend over a hundred dollars to buy the whole series over again just to get the bonus disc.

Does anyone know where I can buy the disc by itself? I've tried eBay, but it's been a fruitless task.

Any help is very appreciated. Thank you.

Gizmo 02-18-07 12:27 AM

Not gonna find it unless its on ebay.

MovieExchange 02-18-07 06:50 AM

Just keep checking eBay, that's your only resort right now. Good luck, though. A customer of mine that's in the same situation you're in told me that last time she saw a bonus disc up for bid it was at $40. I have the Chosen Collection, and I can honestly tell you that the disc is not worth $40. Maybe $10.

mzupeman2 02-18-07 10:13 AM

I never bought the box set of the show, so I've never seen the content on this bonus disc. I don't care how good the content is though, $40 isn't going to fly, no way no how.

OldBoy 02-18-07 11:25 AM

you can have mine...

for $1,000,000.

sorry, i love everything Buffy, but good luck on your quest. i'm still trying to get the signed "Scrubs" S3 lithograph that is somewhere floating around in limbo.

Pizza 02-18-07 06:16 PM

I'm in the same boat as you PatD. I really hate how fans who support TV shows on DVD via the individual sets ultimately are punished for that loyal support.

Subgeniusguy 02-18-07 07:04 PM

I agree it sucks that if you bought each season as it came out, it not only cost more, but then they give out a bonus disc for a whole series. The content on the disc is not worth a lot of money either. Find a friend with it, see it, and you may be over it.

Trevor 02-19-07 06:59 AM

If it was me, I'd borrow it and do something we can't discuss here.

Or sell all my single sets on ebay and buy the Chosen Collection. You may end up not losing too much in that process.

It's criminal for a company to let loyal fans, who bought every season separately, no chance to buy the bonus disc/packaging separately.

mike7162 02-19-07 05:05 PM

You may also want to check your local blockbuster or video store - I've actually located a couple of bonus discs that weren't available to rent with the rest of the set and talked the clerk into selling it to me.

Pizza 02-19-07 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by mike7162
You may also want to check your local blockbuster or video store - I've actually located a couple of bonus discs that weren't available to rent with the rest of the set and talked the clerk into selling it to me.

That is a great suggestion!

Gizmo 02-19-07 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by Pizza
That is a great suggestion!

Unless its a mom and pop store who bought the boxset...doubtful. I have only seen 1 Blockbuster carry Buffy Season 1...the original release of it.