Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Warner Chat Feb 26 2007 Home Theater Forum

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-07, 02:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bsktballDude1
I'm wondering about any SE's for Bonnie and Clyde, McCabe & Mrs. Miller, and Gaslight.
You guys are askin the same stuff that's been answered last year. ask about some stuff that hasn't already been answered. they said that bonnie & clyde was gettin a 40th anniv SE this year and i don't see any reason why gaslight would need to be revisted when it just came out in 2004 and the print is fine.
Old 02-21-07, 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by Gobear
How about Lisztomania and The Music Lovers? Warner really needs to release a Ken Russell box set.
THE MUSIC LOVERS is still with MGM as it was a UA film.
Old 02-21-07, 06:36 PM
g
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 85 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by soop
I'm going to try to ask about O Lucky Man! and Captain Nemo and the Underwater City.

I know they aren't huge titles, but if Warner can release Gymkata and Night of the Lepus, they can surely make room on the schedule for these old favorites of mine.
Great choice for O Lucky Man! I've been wanting this for a long time. Malcolm McDowall mentioned he told warner he'd record the Kubrick movie Commentaries if they released movies like this.
Old 02-21-07, 06:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
No Time for seargents came up last year, and they said they were working on it. Warner also released a suncoast exclusive Little Rascals disc with four shorts on it. You got it when you bought King Kong.

I imagine they will show up on various disc as special features.
Old 02-22-07, 05:39 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm sure the answer will still be that there are no plans, but at least one question that is worth asking every year is the status of that lost Bill Murray/Dan Aykroyd feature that played at some film festivals and has never been released on DVD. I forget the name, though.

As an unrelated note, I like how "DVD" is a spelling error on this DVD forum.
Old 02-22-07, 05:54 AM

I hope someone will ask why "Hooper" has never been released in widescreen. That is one title that is screaming to be redone. It was a pretty big film in its day back when Reynolds was king of the box office.
Old 02-26-07, 06:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

half hour away...get on the bus

I'll try to cut and past some info, as it goes

if anyone needs a refresher on last year check out

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showthread....light=htf+chat

post 61

Last edited by Cameron; 02-26-07 at 06:52 PM.
Old 02-26-07, 08:45 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

So... WHAT WAS SAID???
Old 02-26-07, 08:45 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Crap! It's too late!

I wanted to ask when they're ever going to get around to doing a two-disc SE of Dangerous Liaisons.
Old 02-26-07, 08:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Kerborus
So... WHAT WAS SAID???
i've been making new threads and updating old ones...more to come
Old 02-26-07, 08:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

so far....

Pete Kelly Blues and Kismet coming next year with I Died a Thousand Times under consideration. Also, Hit the Deck is coming soon.

Moonfleet coming next year. Warner no longer has rights to Drum Beat.

A television chat with Warner will be coming later this year.

Also, "Caged" is on the way along with another Joan Crawford Collection in which some mastering issues have to be addressed, an announcement will be forth coming very soon for the latter.

Abe Lincoln in Illinois might be coming in 2009 or sooner.

Bowery Boys is still in the works, but unfortunately, not this year due to Warner searching for better elements.

Dark Shadows films are being released this year.

Blade Runner with all the trimmings, hopefully before the Christmas Holidays.

North by Northwest has to be remastered again before a release on a HD format. Warner is looking towards 2009 for the 50th Anniversary.

Warner no longer owns the rights to Fanny starring Leslie Caron.

Warner working on Abbott and Costello films like Jack and the Beanstalk, A&C meet Captain Kidd and Rio Rita for 2008.

The films The Emigrants and The New Land had their rights renewed by Warner and are under consideration for release.

A Mickey Rooney/Judy Garland Boxset coming this summer with plenty of extras.

Another Forbidden Hollywood boxset coming this year with six films and a brand new documentary on pre-code films. Also, two Forbdden Hollywood films per year starting in 2008.

A Burt Lancaster promotion is happening later this year with perhaps Twilight's Last Gleaming in the promotion.

Warner discussing Heart is a Lonely Hunter and Freebie and the Bean. No plans for Rafferty and the Gold Dust Twins.

Warner refusing to discuss anything related to HD formats! Warner admended their comment with the following: we will discuss titles and content as related to HD Media, but nothing else.

Quo Vadis on the way for both SD and HD formats, probably in 2008 with the ultra resolution process.

Northwest Passage is part of the Spencer Tracy boxset, not yet announced.

Warner waiting on Nancy Drew units sold numbers before continuing to Torchy Blaine films.

No plans for Until the End of the World.

Mad Max 2: Road Warrior SE coming, but no set date.

John Wayne's 100th Birthday will be observed by Warner which means more Wayne releases as he was born in 1907. Also, Rio Bravo coming with a 2 disc SE. Six brand new Wayne features coming to dvd.

Elements for The Magnificent Ambersons has been found and that film and Journey into Fear will be released in 2008. Alternate European cuts will be included for Journey into Fear. Also, the Merry Widow is on the way.

More classic horror films coming in 2007 and 2008.

Carbine Williams will be part of the next Jimmy Stewart collection with no set date.

More Cagney, Bogart, Garfield and Edward G. Robinson coming in 2008.

Warner doesn't know when their sister company New Line is releasing the LOTR films onto HD DVD/Blu-ray.

No plans to revisit The Avengers for a DC.

No plans to revisit True Stories.

Kubrick promotion coming before Christmas

Twilight Zone: The Movie coming before Halloween.

LA Confidential coming on it's 10th Anniversary this year, also in HD DVD and Blu-ray.

Trog, a Joan Crawford favorite is on the way.

Greed is coming with the 1923 theatrical cut and reconstructed scenes. Release date not set.

Some more Harrison Ford films being discussed in conjunction with Blade Runner SE release.

The Candidate is coming with a Redford commentary.

Also, Deliverance is coming on SD, HD DVD and Blu-ray later this year.

The Man that would be King coming soon.

More Greer Garson and Norma Shearer films coming in the next 18 months including some Shearer in the Forbidden Hollywood films.

Warner's rights to Electric Dreams has expired. No plans for Reckless or Impulse. Also, no plans to revisit 9 1/2 Weeks.

Philo Vance, Perry Mason, The Saint and The Falcon coming to SD DVD in 2008.
Monogram Charlie Chan films being discussed.

No definite plans for Nothing Lasts Forever.

Busby Berkeley Vol 2 coming in 2008. Golddiggers of 1937, Golddiggers in Paris, Varsity Show and Hollywood Hotel.

O' Lucky Man coming this year.

Captain Nemo and the Underwater City under consideration.

Brewster McCloud next year. No SE for McCabe and Mrs. Miller. No plans for Countdown.

Wheeler and Woolsey films being discussed, but are in bad shape film element-wise.

Alex in Wonderland and The Legend of Lylah Clare being discussed.

Cool Hand Luke 40th Anniversay SE coming this year. Also, The Prize is coming in 2008.

A John Garfield boxset with six films coming in 2008.

Next Lon Chaney boxset coming in 2008 with a Tod Browning documentary. Also, some more silent films coming soon.
Old 02-26-07, 10:07 PM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Thanks Cameron...They weren't more specific about the classic horror films coming out, I suppose?
Old 02-26-07, 10:51 PM
Banned

Harrison Ford films? Could we possibly be getting anamorphic Frantic and Presumed Innocent?!?!?!
Old 02-26-07, 10:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by benh911
Thanks Cameron...They weren't more specific about the classic horror films coming out, I suppose?
No I tried to cover all the bases to get some specific info...but they were pretty lockjawed on specific titles and dates. Seems there was some backlash from titles that they talked about last year that never showed in 2006. It was still a good chat with some good nuggets of info.

They made it pretty clear that they aren't in charge of new releases and their extras, or the budget release double/triple feature disc.
Old 02-26-07, 11:04 PM
Bye

Who would the rights to Electric Dreams revert back to? Since Fox is distributing the MGM stuff now, should we be bugging them?
Old 02-26-07, 11:12 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
And what happened with Under the Rainbow?
Old 02-26-07, 11:14 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3,192 Likes on 2,060 Posts
Originally Posted by Cameron
so far....

Dark Shadows films are being released this year.

Blade Runner with all the trimmings, hopefully before the Christmas Holidays.

North by Northwest has to be remastered again before a release on a HD format. Warner is looking towards 2009 for the 50th Anniversary.

Another Forbidden Hollywood boxset coming this year with six films and a brand new documentary on pre-code films. Also, two Forbdden Hollywood films per year starting in 2008.

John Wayne's 100th Birthday will be observed by Warner which means more Wayne releases as he was born in 1907. Also, Rio Bravo coming with a 2 disc SE. Six brand new Wayne features coming to dvd.

Elements for The Magnificent Ambersons has been found and that film and Journey into Fear will be released in 2008. Alternate European cuts will be included for Journey into Fear. Also, the Merry Widow is on the way.

Kubrick promotion coming before Christmas

LA Confidential coming on it's 10th Anniversary this year, also in HD DVD and Blu-ray.

Some more Harrison Ford films being discussed in conjunction with Blade Runner SE release.

Also, Deliverance is coming on SD, HD DVD and Blu-ray later this year.

Damn! eventually North By Northwest will be so darn polished the cropduster will pop out of my screen and I'll have to duck for cover!!!

Last edited by GoldenJCJ; 02-28-07 at 12:41 AM.
Old 02-27-07, 01:45 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts
Did I read that right? Twilight Zone The Movie this year?!?!?!

Holy monkey shit balls! I can't wait for this! I hope this will be a special edition of sorts.
Old 02-27-07, 02:00 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

[Beavis]YES![/Beavis]
Old 02-27-07, 08:48 AM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
and still no word on Ken Russell's 'The Devils' - I kind of think WB would like to wash their hands and disown this movie.
Old 02-27-07, 09:16 AM
DVD Talk Legend

LA Confidential and Deliverance in HD.
Old 02-27-07, 10:05 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 234 Likes on 169 Posts
Good news: Coming out

Twilight Zone The Movie
The Road Warrior SE
Nortwest Passage on Spencer Tracey boxset
LA Confidential 10th Anniversary
Blade Runner

Bad news: Not coming out or planned

Fearless in it OAR!!!
Excalibur 2-disc. Helen Mirren just won best actress award. Jesus!!!
Ladyhawke 2-disc. The current is barebone and poor transfer.
Old 02-27-07, 10:54 AM

Actually,

Originally Posted by Giles
and still no word on Ken Russell's 'The Devils' - I kind of think WB would like to wash their hands and disown this movie.
they said that was one they were looking at or working on, I forget. But they did mention it.
Old 02-27-07, 11:25 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Elements for The Magnificent Ambersons has been found and that film and Journey into Fear will be released in 2008. Alternate European cuts will be included for Journey into Fear.

Old 02-27-07, 01:39 PM

2008? And not a moment too soon either. Just when HD will be the new mainstream. These clowns have had 10 years to get this thing together (and find the best possible elements from up in the attic) and now they are saying 2008? hmm...nothing like a 11 year plan. There is no excuse for this whatsoever.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.