Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Will HBO release complete series(Sopranos,Deadwood,Oz etc)on dvd?

Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-07, 02:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am more of a casual watcher of these great shows. I either catch them on HBO or rent them so there is not really a rush on my part to go out and buy them, even though i would love to own them.

However if they were to ever release shows like Sopranos,Deadwood,Oz, Curb your enthusiam or any other HBO shows when they finish their run as a complete series box set like Sex and the city. I wouldn't mind picking them up even at their huge price tag. Basically what it comes down to is, I would like to buy these shows, but since i can catch them on HBO or rent them, I have no problem waiting and hoping they will eventually be released as a complete set if not at all.

My wife has the complete set of SATC, and i'll admit its a beautiful set. So i guess i'm hoping the same will happen to the others.
Any word from HBO that they will?
Old 02-17-07, 03:01 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

there's no need for you to think twice that they will release complete sets.of course they will.
Old 02-17-07, 03:04 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I would say it's a safe bet. They came out with a six feet under set and the aforementioned sex and the city, so why not sopranos, oz, etc.
Old 02-17-07, 03:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 424 Likes on 305 Posts
I have also watched the sopranos casually, and have caught a few eipsodes of Deadwood. I am definately waiting for the Sopranos complete series set and maybe Deadwood as well, I am sure it will have the two two hour movies that will complete the series as well.
Old 02-17-07, 06:03 PM
CML
Cool New Member

Since we're talking HBO, does anyone here know if they have a disc replacement program? One of my Deadwood discs is kind of scratched. It freezes up sometimes and there are moments where you see heavy pixellation. I can't return it because I bought it a year ago. And I didn't open the set until two months after I bought it.
Old 02-17-07, 08:50 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 66 Likes on 55 Posts
I lucked out and got the complete series of Six Feet Under on eBay for $95 (shipping included!).
Old 02-17-07, 09:37 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

i picked up the first 3 seasons of OZ at the BB HBO sale before christmas and just finished the 3rd season. we'll see when it is before i get the rest of them.
Old 02-17-07, 10:33 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

How about Arli$$, i would love to have the complete series of this very funny show, why is it HBO never even released season sets on this, you would maybe think with the sudden popularity of "sandra oh" that they would have, hum.
Old 02-19-07, 03:29 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Rainet
However if they were to ever release shows like Sopranos,Deadwood,Oz, Curb your enthusiam or any other HBO shows when they finish their run as a complete series box set like Sex and the city.
They did one for 'Six Feet Under' too, right?

I don't think they'll do one for Oz, because they don't seem to care as much about Oz ... it doesn't sell as well, and probably most people who would buy it have bought them. 'Deadwood', I'm not sure, but probably.

'Sopranos'? I'd say you can count on that. Probably 'Curb' too.

I'm hoping they don't do one for 'The Wire', because that would be a tres expensive double-dip.
Old 02-19-07, 04:21 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yeah, I'm waiting on a box set for "The Sopranos" too, I can wait, even though I don't get HBO. I was going to watch "Six Feet Under" on Bravo, but got so annoyed with the obvious dubbed cursing, etc. that I bought the whole box set when it came out (the DDD sale for about $144) and have already watched the whole thing.

I probably won't want to double dip with OZ, since I already bought the first season when Wal-mart had it for $15, same with the first season of "Entourage" I got at Target for $19. I will probably end up getting them both season by season, the way I've been getting Curb Your Enthusiasm and Mr. Show, since I liked them too much to wait for a series set (and didn't even stop to think about it, doh.)
Old 02-19-07, 08:47 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I just hope that the eventual Sopranos box set does NOT include bonus features like "deleted scenes," "alternate takes," and "bloopers."

If they do, I hope they offer the "bonus features" as a separate commodity, since I have all the seasons for Sopranos already, and would NOT double-dip just to get extra features, no matter how much I'd want it (in a case like that, I think E-bay could be a great friend to me).
Old 02-19-07, 09:05 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts
I also hope the inevitable Sopranos Series set does not come in some oversized monstrosity like the Sex in the City Series box, which would not fit on my cramped shelves.

I'm not one for odd packaging, etc, so just make it a standard DVD case sized, that's all I ask.
Old 06-17-07, 10:19 PM

Just thought Id bring this up in light of the AWESOME series finale that we just got.

When do we think we will be seeing the full Sopranos Series Set?

-T
Old 06-17-07, 10:24 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
What AWESOME series finale???
Old 06-17-07, 11:07 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The could release Carnivale pretty easily since HBO screwed Carnivale fans with two seasons
Old 06-18-07, 03:42 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Well, they released both Six Feet Under and Sex And The City as complete series sets, and The Sopranos is arguably more popular than both of them (or at least Six Feet Under; not knocking 6FU's quality by any means), it's pretty much a lock for a complete series set.
Old 06-18-07, 06:43 AM

I threw in Awesome as a little extra commentary. I think the Sopranos finale was incredible. But like it or not, it is what it is.....

The question is When? I agree a Box Set is going to happen. I'm just wondering how long we will have to wait. I went ahead and sold my Sopranos seasons, because I know there will be one. Just wondering when.
Old 06-18-07, 09:00 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 427 Likes on 291 Posts
I dropped all my single sopranos also for a set. I was looking at tvshowsondvd, for some sort of time line. The full set of Sex and the City, was released a year after the final season release. But who knows.
Old 06-18-07, 09:30 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

it'll probably be released a while after the latest season, so they can get people to buy them both.
Old 06-18-07, 10:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 275 Likes on 207 Posts
Who else wants to see a Glass Pod case for an Oz complete series set? Yeah, that series did get the shaft from HBO in terms of not being recognized today.
Old 06-18-07, 10:54 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Gord Lacey of TVShowsonDVD thinks it will be sometime next year (Sopranos).
Old 06-18-07, 10:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I've only got S1 of Oz, so I'd happily spring for a complete series set. In fact, at this point I'd prefer it. I've already got all the available Sopranos, so a complete set would be pointless to me no matter what extra features they add. I still need to get on the Six Ft. Under set. It's gorgeous and I loved that first 3 seasons, didn't see the last 2 but I did watch the series finale.
Old 06-18-07, 10:58 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by abrg923
Gord Lacey of TVShowsonDVD thinks it will be sometime next year (Sopranos).
There's no question about that - the only question is when? I'm thinking they'll probably hold off on it until November '08 for the holiday shopping season, although I could also see them releasing it next summer.
Old 06-18-07, 12:49 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts
You know Best Buy was selling Deadwood season 1-3 for $49.99 each last week, so I went ahead and picked it up since that's about 50% off retail and chances are the price won't drop any lower than that.
Old 06-18-07, 03:29 PM

i have s1-s3 of deadwood, and would probably double dip, if they included the rumored wrap-up movies

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.