Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

"The 40-Year-Old Virgin" 2-disc coming 5/22

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-07, 10:43 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by jjcool
I see absolutely no need whatsoever for this release.
I am more than happy with my copy of the unrated version of the movie. Why do studios feel the need to incessantly and unnecessarily re-release films when there are in fact 2 perfectly good releases already available?
Its a tie in product to a new movie. They do this all the time. Also, it is the first time the film is coming to HD DVD and that is a much needed release.
Old 03-07-07, 12:36 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Artwork couldve been a little more "special". i'll stick to my Unrated copy.

-NiCK
Old 05-22-07, 10:10 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Bought it. Under the slipcover is basically the same artwork as the 1 disc. The DVD is NOT in fact simply a new bonus disc slapped on, but two entirely newly-pressed discs. All original bonus features are included, plus the ticket and the new stuff and it's only $12.99 at Best Buy so now is the time to get it cause including the ticket that's like $4.

No inserts besides the ticket. The discs have no painted art ala Universal's new standard. The only disappointing thing for me really is that while there is definitely good new stuff and this is the clear winner on all fronts (I think there is probably more room on Disc 1 for the lengthy movie), the DVD, despite some reorganizing on the first disc, still has the same problem that plagued the original DVD on Disc 2: deleted scenes pretending to be featurettes. All told 79m worth of content on the 2-disc set is simply film footage, so basically there's an entire movie of adlibs and deleted bits. The rated cut is not included -- the white title sticker says WS/FS but the FS applies only to the bonus features and is not another cut of the film.

I don't regret buying it though.
Old 05-22-07, 10:31 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I picked up a copy at BB this afternoon. It was a no-brainer for me since I love the flick (one of the few movies I actually went to the theater for) and was definately going to see Knocked Up opening weekend. I will probably check out the disc this weekend.
Old 05-23-07, 10:56 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Picked it up as well. Interestingly, this is the first stupidly titled edition to be in my DVD collection. Anyway, it would've sweetened the deal had the original cut been included, but I don't regret it. I had been planning to see "Knocked Up" so the ticket bumped the price down to about $5.50 (bought it at Best Buy) and I think this edition (if you didn't own the film already) is well worth that price.
Old 06-04-07, 06:50 PM

SO.......

Is everyone in agreement that all the material from the first release has been ported over?
Old 06-04-07, 07:22 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by DiscGuy
SO.......

Is everyone in agreement that all the material from the first release has been ported over?
ALMOST. 'Bout 99% of it is, all except a trailer. No discart or anything, though - just a swanky slipcase.

Disc Rundown.