DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-3/)
-   -   Can someone identify this 80s movie? Is it on DVD? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk/491453-can-someone-identify-80s-movie-dvd.html)

Flare65 02-02-07 10:23 PM

Can someone identify this 80s movie? Is it on DVD?

Back in the 80's I was over at a firends house one evening and we were flipping through the channels and we watched a couple of scenes from some movie. I don't know the name of the movie, but I can remember some of the scenes.

There was a scene or two of a couple of guys torturing some woman with a soldering iron dipped in vasoline...

A scene where a guy is drilling holes in in some bullets and putting some kind of poison inside the bullet and closing the end of the bullets back up.

The same guy who was working on the bullets breaks into a room and shoots the guys who tortured the woman. Saves some young boy who was about to get tortured.

A guy gets lowered by chain or rope into a meat grinder.

A guy breaks into a house and is attacked by a dog.... uses a electric knife to cut the dog's throat.

I know this sounds like a very bloody and sick film, but what I described sounds a lot worse that it looks on film from what I remember.

If this sounds familiar to anyone, please reply to thiis thread and let me know the name of the film.

Thanks!

Identify 02-02-07 10:59 PM

You're making this up.

billz 02-02-07 11:23 PM

It's called The Exterminator, and it is on DVD.

HERE

cloggedmind 02-02-07 11:26 PM

Is that the one where the wheelchair takes over the house, and the blind woman tries to stop it by throwing a pie at its "viewing" lens?

<Roy Biggins Laugh> If not, I have no clue. Sorry. </Roy Biggins Laugh>

Wildo1966 02-03-07 06:08 AM

Originally Posted by billz
It's called The Exterminator, and it is on DVD.

HERE

I thought the Exterminator dvd was out of print? Did they re-release it recently?

Nebiroth 02-03-07 06:35 AM

Originally Posted by cloggedmind
Is that the one where the wheelchair takes over the house, and the blind woman tries to stop it by throwing a pie at its "viewing" lens?

<Roy Biggins Laugh> If not, I have no clue. Sorry. </Roy Biggins Laugh>

That sounds more like Demon Seed although there's no blind woman in that.

billz 02-03-07 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by Wildo1966
I thought the Exterminator dvd was out of print? Did they re-release it recently?

I bought it last year when I saw that it had been re-released. Amazon says it was reissued in November 2005.

GoldenJCJ 02-03-07 08:28 PM

what ever it is, I gotta see this fucking thing!

gorgo99 02-04-07 07:35 AM

It might even be the Exterminator 2? I know I saw the one he's talking about back in the early days of Cinemax... it's a vigilante movie, FYI. Like Deathwish, but more violent.

Flare65 02-04-07 10:09 PM

I think this is the movie. Thanks for letting me know the name!

mxv 02-05-07 10:35 AM

It was The Exterminator. I remember the soldering iron/vaseline scene well and knew what movie it was instantly upon reading the OP. Wow, I havent' seen that movie since the 80s, now I think I might have to pick up the DVD!

Bill Needle 02-05-07 11:11 AM

This thread made me chuckle. I bet I could start a thread naming several made up random acts of senseless violence and/or nonsensical events and ask if anyone remembered what movie that was...and probably get at least one name that contained them all in response.

Quatermass 02-05-07 11:40 AM

No one has mentioned the "Garden Claw" to the back scene. That's gotta smart.