Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Best of the Scooby Doo Movies Question......

Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-07, 11:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone heard if Warner is planning a re-issue with all the episodes on them? I agree with the DVDTalk review on the Best Of.... DVD when it said that a few of the best eps are left off. I have decided not to buy this one in hopes of getting a complete series with the 9 missing episodes including. I think there are more good episodes that got left off than good ones that were included. I realize it's a shot in the dark, but does anyone have any info.? Thanks.
Old 02-02-07, 05:26 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 149 Likes on 103 Posts
Originally Posted by DVDJay
Has anyone heard if Warner is planning a re-issue with all the episodes on them? I agree with the DVDTalk review on the Best Of.... DVD when it said that a few of the best eps are left off. I have decided not to buy this one in hopes of getting a complete series with the 9 missing episodes including. I think there are more good episodes that got left off than good ones that were included. I realize it's a shot in the dark, but does anyone have any info.? Thanks.
I haven't heard anything, and I kind of doubt we will. In case you didn't know, the ones that weren't on there weren't because of rights issues.
Old 02-02-07, 10:13 AM

Yeah, I was kind of hoping it didn't have anything to do with royalties to Tim Conway, Jerry Reed, etc. But, man, why in the hell wasn't the Genie and Josie and the Pussycats eps included? Oh, well.

Thanks!
Old 02-02-07, 10:18 AM

I too wish that the series would be complete, but I bought it anyway to show my Scooby support and hopefully have the remaining series released. The movies set was more expensive to begin with, I am assuming due to rights issues, how much would you be willing to pay for the compelete series? I've got to assume that it all came down to money, who would be embarassed by their appearance on Scooby-Doo?
Old 02-03-07, 01:03 AM

Originally Posted by neilo13
I've got to assume that it all came down to money, who would be embarassed by their appearance on Scooby-Doo?
I can imagine Jerry Reed, getting a call from some lawyers to discuss likeness rights payments, slamming down his cowboy hat and screaming, "How dare they attempt to sully the good name of the star of all three 'Smokey and the Bandit' films by releasing my inferior early work on DVD?!"

The Jeannie episode's loss is understandable, since her character and show are technically Paramount property now. But Josie & the Pussycats? Some idiot in legal probably got confused and thought he'd have to deal with Rachel Leigh Cook's people and just cut it outright.
Old 03-14-07, 02:22 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The New Scooby Doo Movies just popped up as showing on The Cartoon Network for the next few Fridays at 11:30am (ET). The two that have shown up so far in the listings (3/16 and 3/23) are the first two of the series (both on the DVD set), so it seems promising that they'll show them all in order. If so, the third episode is the Addams family - I'm setting the DVR for 3/30!
Old 03-15-07, 05:45 AM

Originally Posted by Colleen
The New Scooby Doo Movies just popped up as showing on The Cartoon Network for the next few Fridays at 11:30am (ET). The two that have shown up so far in the listings (3/16 and 3/23) are the first two of the series (both on the DVD set), so it seems promising that they'll show them all in order. If so, the third episode is the Addams family - I'm setting the DVR for 3/30!
That is awesome, thanks much for posting that! Too bad I don't have CN, I'm going to have to take my media PC over to my parents house to record it.
Old 03-15-07, 12:28 PM

I'm willing to bet that if the opening credits contain the Adams family then they will be showing all episodes.
Old 03-28-07, 09:48 AM

The good news: this Friday, the 30th, the Addams Family episode will air. The bad news: the show's not on next Friday Hopefully it'll be back. We only need 8 more episodes!
Old 03-28-07, 10:34 AM

Here in the UK,these are shown sporadically on the Boomerang channel but not in any particular order. Up to now i've managed to grab 8 of the 9 missing episodes,the odd one out being the Josie & The Pussycats episode. It's been listed a few times as showing but always been replaced with another episode. I suspect this is the real problem episode.