DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-3/)
-   -   Are Disney planning for a newly restored DVD of Snow White for the 70th Anniversary? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk/487801-disney-planning-newly-restored-dvd-snow-white-70th-anniversary.html)

Deco King 12-27-06 10:39 AM

Are Disney planning for a newly restored DVD of Snow White for the 70th Anniversary?

Are Walt Disney planning a newly restored version of Snow White And The Seven Dwarfs for 2007 the 70th Anniversary of this classic title - or are they waiting for the 75th Anniversary to do something really special?

Groucho 12-27-06 10:40 AM

I doubt it, considering they just released a superb edition a couple years ago. But who knows?

Bluelitespecial 12-27-06 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by Deco King
Are Walt Disney planning a newly restored version of Snow White And The Seven Dwarfs for 2007 the 70th Anniversary of this classic title - or are they waiting for the 75th Anniversary to do something really special?

Snow White was the very first platinum edition dvd, and the restoration on it is pretty amazing, it was the only PE dvd that seemed really geared toward adult collectors. I know its been long out of print, but you can probably find it on ebay.

rfduncan 12-27-06 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by Bluelitespecial
Snow White was the very first platinum edition dvd, and the restoration on it is pretty amazing, it was the only PE dvd that seemed really geared toward adult collectors. I know its been long out of print, but you can probably find it on ebay.

Yeah the current OOP DVD is pretty much as special as it is going to get IMHO.

PaulNJ21 12-27-06 01:56 PM

I think the last Snow White DVD is as good as the film will ever look and it looks amazing.

Paul

madcougar 12-27-06 01:58 PM

I could see Disney doing something for the 75th, but 70th?

dx23 12-27-06 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by madcougar
I could see Disney doing something for the 75th, but 70th?

I could see Disney releasing a almost barebones edition DVD of Snow White that will only include fluff extras, like trailers for other films and stupid mini games. If it makes money, Disney will release it.

Mr.Briggs 12-27-06 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by dx23
I could see Disney releasing a almost barebones edition DVD of Snow White that will only include fluff extras, like trailers for other films and stupid mini games. If it makes money, Disney will release it.

And of course the trailer for the direct to video sequel Snow White 2 (he says in jest shuddering at the thought that someone from Disney will read this and make one).

Michael Corvin 12-27-06 03:55 PM

Technically they could do something every 5 years. A special 85th Anniversary Edition!

meh, the PE is fine. I do see them attempting something for BluRay though.

Cameron 12-27-06 03:59 PM

Disney is patient. They have an animated back catalog that can't be beat by anyone in the world. They will stick to the course they have made, rotating certain titles in and out as they see fit. Hit ebay and spend the 40 bucks. well worth it for that disc

Deco King 12-28-06 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by Mr.Briggs
And of course the trailer for the direct to video sequel Snow White 2 (he says in jest shuddering at the thought that someone from Disney will read this and make one).

As I said in an old thread I'm sure Disney (God forbid!!!) will try a sequel -falling to her death the Wicked Queen/Witch catches a tree branch and clambers back to the top of the cliff and starts all over again with the poisoned Comb etc!!!!

Deco King 12-28-06 11:09 AM

I read somewhere that Disney will have remastered Snow White for the Platinum edition in a higher resolution than DVD could handle, and that now with Blu Ray etc the highest resolution will be able to be seen in all it's Hi Def glory!!

Iron_Giant 12-28-06 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by Deco King
I read somewhere that Disney will have remastered Snow White for the Platinum edition in a higher resolution than DVD could handle, and that now with Blu Ray etc the highest resolution will be able to be seen in all it's Hi Def glory!!

The next big editions will be the "Blue Ray" (or HD-DVD if it wins out), but I must admit that Snow White looks great in DVD, not sure how much better it will look in BD.

FantasticVSDoom 12-28-06 11:58 AM

Well these would be the type of releases from Disney that would make break down and go to BD quick...