DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-3/)
-   -   The Grudge 2 --> 2/6/2007 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk/485512-grudge-2-2-6-2007-a.html)

Mao 12-03-06 10:12 PM

The Grudge 2 --> 2/6/2007
 
Just the confirmed date for now...more info when it is announced on 12/11.

Feel free to discuss this title here or at: http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showthread.php?t=485346

matome 12-04-06 09:15 AM

I actually enjoyed this, even though it has absolutely nothing to do with the Japanese sequel (which was the best of all the Japanese and U.S. versions IMO). Looking forward to the Blu-Ray.

dx23 12-17-06 09:35 PM

From dvdtimes.co.uk:


The Grudge 2 (R1) in February
Sony Pictures Home Entertainment have announced the Region 1 DVD release of The Grudge 2 for 6th February 2007 priced at $28.95 SRP. When Aubrey Davis (Amber Tamblyn) learns her sister Karen (Sarah Michelle Geller) has been hospitalized, she immediately flies to Tokyo. Once there, she learns her sister's horrifying story and discovers that the fatal supernatural curse has been unleashed. Now, as the grudge spreads across the world, a new host of unsuspecting victims are about to become infected by the force that can't be stopped -- and won't be killed.

Takashi Shimizu’s sequel to the first USA produced The Grudge comes to DVD in both Rated and Unrated editions with features TBC.
Cover art here:
http://www.dvdtimes.co.uk/content.php?contentid=63549

Julie Walker 12-17-06 10:37 PM

I missed this in theaters. Which version would be recommended in this case? Since I'm aware they were aiming for a PG-13 from the start with this one. I'm unsure what is the case with this one. After listening to the directors commentary on the unrated original. He said had he known the restrictions and intent of getting a PG-13. He would not have filmed scenes as he did in the original(since it was all cut down or out completely).

So did he self censor himself this time,or film scenes two ways(more explicit disturbing imagery,and or implied disturbing imagery). Or did he film it like he normally did,then the studio trimmed it down until it earned a PG-13? Since the dvd is called an 'unrated directors cut' like the original. And not simply 'unrated/extended version' which doesn't always imply director involvement. I may just go with the unrated version,but would like to know for certain. That some things were trimmed to avoid an R rating,and that padded scenes were not just tossed into the film to call it 'unrated'.

Sabrett 12-17-06 10:55 PM

Missed this in theaters. Will definitely buy release day...(well, depending on price and funds at the time)

Wick 12-17-06 11:46 PM

The artwork is decent. I don't think I'll even subject myself to the possible torture of viewing this one. The first one was incredibly boring/terrible, imo.

CKMorpheus 12-18-06 01:06 AM

I missed this too, was too scared of it sucking. How do you all feel about it? Comparable to the original American version?

Disc-Flipper 12-18-06 01:31 PM

Great movie with three linking story plots. Lots of people disappeared in it - and I don't mean people leaving the theatre.
I'll buy it on release day. Amazon is calling one of two February 6th releases: "The Grudge 2 (Unrated Director's Cut)" so hopefully they won't release another version later in the year.

Shagrath 02-06-07 10:47 AM

Anybody picked up the Best Buy exclusive version yet? I'm wondering if it's worth the extra money. I'd probably just wait for it to hit used, but my wife's really into these types of movies, so I'll pick up the SE if it's not fluff.

ianholm 02-06-07 12:30 PM

I would like to know this as well, since I'm heading to BB after work.

Sabrett 02-06-07 01:31 PM


Originally Posted by Shagrath
Anybody picked up the Best Buy exclusive version yet? I'm wondering if it's worth the extra money. I'd probably just wait for it to hit used, but my wife's really into these types of movies, so I'll pick up the SE if it's not fluff.

I picked it up.

Here's the info:

Exclusive Bonus Disc Includes Over 45 Minutes of Features
10 Special Webisodes of Filmmaking Video Journals, Behind-the-Scenes, Extras and more!
The Art of Silence: Look into the Sound Design & Effects of The Grudge 2
Extended The Grudge 2 Video Journal: Follow the Cast On & Off the Set


IMO, well worth the money, and the steelbook is pretty awesome in itself.

matome 02-06-07 01:35 PM

Hmm, I'm interested in the steelbook case and it sounds like a winner, so I may head off to Best Buy.

ianholm 02-06-07 02:16 PM

Yep, thanks for the info!

ScottsDvds 02-06-07 04:05 PM

The steel book's regular price is $24.99, so you might want to pick it up this week to save a couple bucks.

ScottsDvds 02-06-07 04:12 PM

Its pretty cool and I can't wait for The Departed next week.
http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n...Thegrudge2.jpg

SterlingBen 02-06-07 04:31 PM

Just when I thought I was out they pull me back in

Willh51 02-07-07 12:38 AM

I watched this tonight, thought it was okay. There were some decent scares but
Spoiler:
the movie did not make a whole lot of sense, and yes i got the time differences, just some stuff was very off-the-wall. The deleted scenes didn't do much to clarify things either.

DJariya 02-07-07 03:40 AM


Originally Posted by Sabrett
I picked it up.

Here's the info:

Exclusive Bonus Disc Includes Over 45 Minutes of Features
10 Special Webisodes of Filmmaking Video Journals, Behind-the-Scenes, Extras and more!
The Art of Silence: Look into the Sound Design & Effects of The Grudge 2
Extended The Grudge 2 Video Journal: Follow the Cast On & Off the Set


IMO, well worth the money, and the steelbook is pretty awesome in itself.

Sounds much better than that bogus 12 minutes of featurettes on the Saw 3 bonus disc from Target.

matome 02-07-07 10:26 AM

Picked this up last night and the steelbook case is pretty damn sweet.


Originally Posted by Willh51
I watched this tonight, thought it was okay. There were some decent scares but
Spoiler:
the movie did not make a whole lot of sense, and yes i got the time differences, just some stuff was very off-the-wall. The deleted scenes didn't do much to clarify things either.

Yeah, these movies are pretty much there only for the scare setups. It's really hard to make heads or tails of what's going on. One thing you can be sure of in this series is that

Spoiler:
pretty much every single character will be dead by the end of the movie

xage 02-13-07 01:03 AM

Looks like the steelbook is gone in its first week.. can anyone here confirm it at their nearest Bestbuy if they still carry it?

nodeerforamonth 02-13-07 01:38 AM

I enjoyed both movies quite a bit. Hated the ending of the first one, and thought that the 2nd one had a way better storyline/ending.

The Valeyard 02-13-07 02:14 PM


Originally Posted by xage
Looks like the steelbook is gone in its first week.. can anyone here confirm it at their nearest Bestbuy if they still carry it?

I just got back from my local BB (to pick up The Departed) and they had about 6 Grudge steelbooks left.

SterlingBen 02-14-07 06:06 PM


Originally Posted by The Valeyard
I just got back from my local BB (to pick up The Departed) and they had about 6 Grudge steelbooks left.

Same here, just got back from one of ours and 6 left (I hate BB for making me buy these steelbooks)


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:49 PM.


Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.