DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-3/)
-   -   Ghost : Special Collector's Edition ----> 3/13/2007 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk/485292-ghost-special-collectors-edition-3-13-2007-a.html)

dx23 12-01-06 02:59 PM

Ghost : Special Collector's Edition ----> 3/13/2007

From davisdvd.com:

Paramount Home Entertainment has announced Ghost: Special Collector's Edition for release on March 13th, 2007. Expect an anamorphic transfer and Dolby Digital 5.1 & 2.0 tracks for the Patrick Swayze/Demi Moore romantic favorite. The studio hasn't released any details regarding the extras quite yet, but we'll keep you posted on that the minute they're announced.
http://www.davisdvd.com/news/news.html

Yeti4623 12-01-06 07:53 PM

I love this movie, but I'll only doubledip, if there's a new commentary, with the cast, and an elaborate documentary, that covers every facet of the production. Pre, Post, popularity reaction, examination, etc.

critterdvd 12-01-06 08:10 PM

I love this movie as well, definately one of my favorites and I finally broke down and purchased the DVD this last summer. The only way I'll probably double-dip though is an alternate (director, extended, etc.) cut of the film though...

RobCA 12-01-06 09:54 PM

Ghost: Special Collector's Edition
I expected something like Ghost: The 'Molly, You in Danger, Girl' Edition.

I might pick this up, depending on what kind of extras they come up with.

Rob

dvduser6 12-02-06 12:10 AM

Originally Posted by RobCA

I might pick this up, depending on what kind of extras they come up with.

Rob

I had my money on the 'Ditto' edition. Oh, well. Still a good flick and I may also be adding it to the collection.

Sparrow 12-02-06 08:12 AM

Originally Posted by RobCA

rotfl I have the current edition that I've been trying to offload for some time. Based on this line alone, I think that I'll keep it. It just seems so dated now, whereas I remember it being so fresh at the time.

But per usual, I'll check out the specs when they're released as I'm an obsessive collector :rolleyes:

Dvdlovr24 12-02-06 10:46 AM

Hopefully Paramount will release a HD DVD version at the same time.

marty888 12-02-06 03:36 PM

The existing release seems quite satisfactory - anamorphic transfer plus commentary.

There will need to be some <i>spectacular</i> extras for me to consider double-dipping.

Zodiac_Speaking 12-02-06 05:12 PM

Couple of years too late but welcomed!

paulringodaman 12-02-06 07:01 PM

whoopi goldberg

dx23 12-10-06 10:50 AM

http://images2.dvdempire.com/gen/movies/1262063h.jpg

mickey65 12-10-06 12:26 PM

Nice cover... can't wait to find out what the special features will be - hopefully some deleted scenes!

I just got sold off my other copy in anticipation for this one!

Davy Mack 12-10-06 04:13 PM

considering how underwhelming some of the new Paramount SE's have been, "pet Sematary", "The Dead Zone" spring to mind, I wouldn't expect too much...
An HD version... now we're talking.

digitalfreaknyc 12-10-06 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by Davy Mack
considering how underwhelming some of the new Paramount SE's have been, "pet Sematary", "The Dead Zone" spring to mind, I wouldn't expect too much...
An HD version... now we're talking.

I think you can almost guarantee that.

It was one of the titles announced on spec sheets.

Bacon 12-10-06 07:41 PM

totaly not needed

great movie but the first DVD is more than enough commentary, great A/V ,IMO studios should revisit their totaly bare titles or titles that are MIA

dx23 01-19-07 08:42 AM

Updated specs, from dvdactive.com:

Further Details:
Paramount Home Entertainment has sent over artwork for a collector's edition of Ghost which stars Patrick Swayze, and Demi Moore. This Jerry Zucker directed film will be available to own from the 13th March, and should retail at around $19.99. The film itself will be presented in anamorphic widescreen, along with an English Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround track. Extra material will include a brand new audio commentary by director Jerry Zucker and writer Bruce Joel Rubin, three new documentaries, and more.
http://www.dvdactive.com/news/releases/ghost.html

mickey65 02-03-07 08:03 AM

Has anyone heard anymore on this? Any possible deleted scenes or an extended version?

Jack Straw 02-03-07 02:45 PM

I think that cover is going to help sell a lot of copies.

too much 02-03-07 02:52 PM

They might as well have them "making the clay" on the cover.

Filmmaker 02-03-07 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by mickey65
Has anyone heard anymore on this? Any possible deleted scenes or an extended version?

I don't know about deleted scenes (which, I agree, would be nice), but I'm quite confident this will not be an alternate cut (for which I am thankful--this movie is spot-on the way it is).

critterdvd 02-03-07 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by Filmmaker
I don't know about deleted scenes (which, I agree, would be nice), but I'm quite confident this will not be an alternate cut (for which I am thankful--this movie is spot-on the way it is).

I agree with the above poster, this movie was amazing as-is, although maybe via seamless branching or whatever the option for both the theatrical and an 'extended-cut' would be cool - but not necessary.

lordwow 03-09-07 10:08 AM

This is selling for like $9 on DDD.

mickey65 03-09-07 10:44 AM

DDD has mine on the way - anytime now!

bookcase3 03-09-07 11:46 AM

For those in Boston, Newbury Street (on Newbury) has this out on the shelves with a sale price of $8.99. Nothing new enough for me to upgrade, but thought I would mention it anyway.

lordwow 03-09-07 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by bookcase3
For those in Boston, Newbury Street (on Newbury) has this out on the shelves with a sale price of $8.99. Nothing new enough for me to upgrade, but thought I would mention it anyway.

I would walk over there if it wasn't so freezing out.