Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Private School ----> 3/7/2007

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Private School ----> 3/7/2007

Old 12-04-06, 05:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cinephan
There was a ballad in this movie toward the end that I remember being in love with when I was a teenager. I'll probably end up getting the movie just to hear that song again, cause i doubt they ever released a soundtrack for this movie.
Soundtrack listing:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0086143/soundtrack

"You're Breaking My Heart" Performed by Harry Nilsson
"Rock This Town" Performed by Stray Cats
"She Said No" Performed by Bill Wray
"Just One Touch" Performed by Bill Wray
"Private School" Performed by Bill Wray
"The American Girl" Performed by Rick Springfield
"How Do I Let You Know" Performed by Phoebe Cates
"Nasty Girl" Performed by Vanity 6
"I Want Candy" Performed by Bow-Wow-Wow
"Li'l Red Riding Hood" Performed by Sam the Sham and the Pharaohs
"Just One Touch" Performed by Phoebe Cates and Bill Wray
"All The Time" Performed by Earl Klugh
"Best Years Of Our Lives" Performed by Mens Room
"Da Da Da" Performed by Trio
Old 12-04-06, 06:11 AM

I hope it really will come this time. A great movie
Old 12-04-06, 10:13 PM

awesome. My sister grew up with Michael Zorek who plays one of the main characters, (the big guy) and is still friends with him. I can get him to autograph my copy!

Old 12-05-06, 09:58 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by gcbma
I've got the soundtrack on cassette. Unfortunately, it doesn't have most of the songs listed on there and is more of an EP than a full length album.

How do I let you know (Phoebe Cates)
Best years of our lives (Mens Room)
She said no (Bill Wray)
Just one touch (Phoebe Cates and Bill Wray)
Private school (Bill Wray)
The American girl (Rick Springfield).

I remember catching Private School on tv in the late 80s and there were several extra scenes, plus there was an alternate version of the final scene where the whole school mooned the headmistress. In the alternate version, they were still wearing underwear.
Old 12-05-06, 06:23 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,721 Likes on 1,878 Posts
Originally Posted by paste1999
I remember catching Private School on tv in the late 80s and there were several extra scenes, plus there was an alternate version of the final scene where the whole school mooned the headmistress. In the alternate version, they were still wearing underwear.
I saw this on commercial cable about fifteen years ago.

One thing I noticed was that the censors didn't quite get all of the nudity edited out of the shower scene; when one of the women was holding up a towel she raised it up and flashed her pubes.

On a related note, when I was in high school the local UHF channel was playing "Mischief" with Kelly Preston. They cut out her nude scene, but left the part where, after her parents came home early, she threw on a robe and ran around her room. Only thing was, she was naked under the robe and it kept flying open and flashing her big brown bush. I couldn't believe they missed that.

I guess the censors were only looking for tits and didn't bother checking downstairs.
Old 12-05-06, 08:02 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
I guess the censors were only looking for tits and didn't bother checking downstairs.
Considering it's Kelly Preston, can you blame them?
Old 12-05-06, 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by paste1999
The VHS version that I've seen was the censored one for sure. There were a few scenes that were ruined by the post-release editting. The DVD will be worth buying only if it's the full, uncensored one.
Old 02-10-07, 10:19 AM

Is this still coming?
Old 02-10-07, 08:54 PM

This brings back memories, I saw Private School on opening day in Westwood, CA with some friends. I remember our reaction to it was "Terrible...but we liked it anyway."

And then a couple of years later I met Michael Zorek at a party. He is a cool dude.
Old 02-27-07, 10:58 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 740 Likes on 380 Posts
I saw this one in the theater in the summer of 1983. I thought it was hilarious. Have already ordered it and look forward to seeing it again.

And yes, being the contrarian that I am -- my favorite characters in this movie were Kathleen Wilhoite and Michael Zorek.
Old 02-27-07, 02:55 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 102 Likes on 70 Posts
Found out something pretty cool: not only is Netflix going to be carrying it, but it is available as streaming video from their site RIGHT NOW. Free for current Netflix members. The quality isn't nearly as high as the DVD is going to be, but who needs to see Betsy Russell's naked body in that much detail, anyway? ...

OK - I do
Old 03-10-07, 06:18 PM

Did anyone get this yet? Does it look like the full original uncut version?
Old 03-10-07, 07:15 PM

I swear Betsy Russell bared her breasts in the dorm room scene when the guys dress up as women and she's asking him if they are firm or saggy. Am I imagining things or did she actually bare them in a different version?
Old 03-12-07, 12:54 AM
JIF

Originally Posted by Harold Wazzu
I swear Betsy Russell bared her breasts in the dorm room scene when the guys dress up as women and she's asking him if they are firm or saggy. Am I imagining things or did she actually bare them in a different version?
I don't remember her baring them in that scene. I think we just see butt cleavage.
Old 03-12-07, 11:37 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,721 Likes on 1,878 Posts
According to the Mr. Skin website, here's a rundown of Ms. Russell's nudity in this film:

00:04:00
Betsy bares her right breast, a fleeting flash of fur and an equally-brief bit of butt as Bubba snatches her towel.
(16 seconds)

00:19:00
Betsy's bouncing boobifers steal the show as she discovers the joys of topless horseback riding! A classic!
(49 seconds)

00:39:00
Betsy bounces about in a black Bra and panties then gets a massage from Dude-Looks-Like-A-Lady, pulling down her unders to flash some crackage.
(73 seconds)

01:24:00
Betsy's booty wants in on the half-moon parade! Along with the other fine upstanding young ladies, she moons the principal during graduation.
(19 seconds)
So it doesn't look she gets her breasts out during that scene.
Old 03-12-07, 09:33 PM

First Private Lessons (and even Night of the Comet) and now this? Good news to see these never released (in the U.S.) finally come out here. Now to see if Fraternity Vacation, Hot Dog the Movie and Up the Creek will job some adolecent memories.

And I always thought this was called Private School ...for girls
Old 03-17-07, 01:05 AM
Cool New Member

Hi everyone.

My DVD copy arrived earlier and I just finished watching it. While the video transfer looks better than my old VHS copy, I wish it would have at least 2.0 Stereo sound. You can tell that Universal had little to no interest in releasing this film. Mono sound, no extra features whatsoever, not even a trailer. In the DVD menu all you see is Play and Scene Select. It doesn't get anymore barebones than this.