Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by slop101
Let's hope your set doesn't show up looking like this guy's review copy
That might be the funniest thing I've ever seen
Old 01-03-07, 06:20 AM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 904 Likes on 765 Posts
Let's hope your set doesn't show up looking like this guy's review copy (linked below):

http://www.chud.com/index.php?type=dvd&id=8387
i really don't see how any copy can come like that. i mean that can't happen in a shipping box even with no protective packaging. that seems like it was taken out and literally stomped upon. that is not accidental from shipping in anyway shape or form.
Old 01-03-07, 07:39 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by scott1598
i really don't see how any copy can come like that. i mean that can't happen in a shipping box even with no protective packaging. that seems like it was taken out and literally stomped upon. that is not accidental from shipping in anyway shape or form.
Well, you might not see how it could happen, but it definitely does. I once received a hard drive that looked like it was run over by the truck. Pieces of it were missing and only half the original shipping package was still there. The crappy thing was FedEx repackaged the box in a nice looking box so I didn't know it was destroyed until after they left.
Old 01-03-07, 08:41 AM

All the people that are still waiting and haven't gotten disc back is why I'm hesitant to send in I......I don't care that I don't have a silly 2.0 track.

I'll prob get III in the mail though tomorrow. (Maybe if I at least send in III they'll send both knowing I have the set.)

We'll see.
Old 01-03-07, 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by freshticles
I loathe Warner Canada so much. They make careless mistakes like not including discs and booklets and then don't even rectify the mistakes at all. If i ran that place, every employee in quality control and customer service would be thrown out the top floor window...
Nice to see I'm not the only one who thinks the Canadian division is about as useful as male nipples. When I read that our replacement disks would be handled "differently", my heart sank at the realization it would probably be Warner Canada doing it...I'm not optimisitic about this getting resolved in a timely fashion AT ALL...
Old 01-03-07, 12:06 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts
So it seems like Canadians are getting hosed on the replacements, but California residents like myself are getting their discs in a very reasonable time.
Old 01-03-07, 01:48 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

man..those Superman tin pix are scary....i got the I Robot Tin from amazon.co.uk long time ago and it was like this...now iam scared to order this.
Old 01-03-07, 02:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 211 Likes on 178 Posts
Still no replacement discs... Guess I'll call them either tomorrow or Friday just to see if it's on the way.
Old 01-03-07, 02:34 PM

I live in NY and I received my replacement discs just a week and a half after I mailed out the discs.

Its not as packaged as sturdy or well but at least they had slips over them to protect each disc...
Old 01-03-07, 02:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 82 Likes on 49 Posts
Let's hope your set doesn't show up looking like this guy's review copy (linked below):

http://www.chud.com/index.php?type=dvd&id=8387

He should feel honored. Superman personally crushed it for him.
Old 01-03-07, 03:26 PM

Just got my replacements. Everything is A-OK. Compared to all the waiting I did with Universal to replace my BTTF and Meaning of Life discs, this was quick and relatively painless.

Even though this should have never happened to begin with, good job WB!

Derek
Old 01-03-07, 06:49 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Recieved my replacements today after mailing them in mid-December. The discs are immaculate.
Old 01-03-07, 07:23 PM
Banned

Location: Right now, my location is DVDTalk, but then again, you should already know that, shouldn't you?
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Robert
Recieved my replacements today after mailing them in mid-December. The discs are immaculate.
How are they packaged (sorry if this was answered earlier; the thread has become a bit overwhelming to wade through, especially with all the bitchy Canadians! )
Old 01-03-07, 07:26 PM

Sorry for repeating a question potentially, but if you got a set that has the correct III disc does that mean your Superman I is okay? Or are there people who have still had issues on I despite having the correct III? Thanks!
Old 01-03-07, 07:54 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts
Originally Posted by Filmmaker
How are they packaged (sorry if this was answered earlier; the thread has become a bit overwhelming to wade through, especially with all the bitchy Canadians! )
They are sent back in the same 63 cent envelope we used to send them back to WB.

Each disc is stored in a thin paper sleeve.
Old 01-03-07, 08:14 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by MisterHowie
Sorry for repeating a question potentially, but if you got a set that has the correct III disc does that mean your Superman I is okay? Or are there people who have still had issues on I despite having the correct III? Thanks!
I believe some sets made it out with the correct Superman III while all sets made it out with the Superman I error since the SIII thing was probably a packaging error while the correct SI discs didn't even exist at the time.

To verify whether your Superman I disc is the corrected one, take a look at this post:
http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=408
Old 01-03-07, 08:39 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

After reading the posts from the link to thecinemaforums.com, it sounds like Warner is going to stop issuing the replacements discs soon? Did I misunderstand what they were saying? Apparently the re-issue in mid 2007 will have different packaging and a different UPC.

I got my Superman Ultimate set during the B&N online sale, and I haven't opened mine because the local B&N store told me they'd special order a new one that I could swap it for. After giving them 2 weeks, I called today and they told me it was deleted from the system, so this option no longer exists.

I've had so many discs arrive cracked in the mail I was hoping to avoid mailing them to Warner. My Target, Walmart, and Best Buy have none of these in stock, and even if they did there's no guarantee it would have the corrected discs, but I'm sure mine doesn't so it would be worth a shot.

Given that Warner appears to be my only chance now, do I need to hurry up, open my set, and call Warner before they tell me they've decided to stop replacing the discs?

By the way, could someone give me the address in Oxnard? I'll be driving through there in a couple weeks, and if it's not a PO box or somewhere far off the 101, I'd be tempted to stop by in person to swap my disks if they'd let me (they probably wouldn't).

Last edited by Manzana; 01-03-07 at 08:42 PM.
Old 01-03-07, 10:19 PM

Just checking in: I received my discs back today as well. That was super fast.
Old 01-03-07, 10:21 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

My replacement discs arrived today.
Old 01-03-07, 11:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 211 Likes on 178 Posts
I really hope it comes tomorrow... BTW, those who got it, when did you send the discs back? I sent mine on the 19th or 20th so maybe I sent it later than some.
Old 01-04-07, 02:50 AM

International person here.
Called the number that Amazon gave me and it told me to send my address in an email. Called the other number on the WB site and was put on hold for too long so I gave up -- about the 11 December

28th December I called the WB number and spoke to some customer rep. Asked if I had emailed, and I told her I had. Put me on hold for ages and then said that the person would reply.

4 Jan - still nothing. Should I get worried? I want my replacement disks.
Old 01-04-07, 03:30 AM
Banned

I recieved my replacement discs as well yesterday. I too thought that was pretty quick. Thanks WB for the promptness
Old 01-04-07, 07:10 AM

I got my discs yesterday. I sent them out the Friday before Christmas (Dec 22) so in less than 2 weeks I got the discs.
Old 01-04-07, 08:27 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

This sucks. I sent mine out like a day after I received the envelope (probably around the week of the 12th or something like that) and haven't received anything yet.

Here's hoping to this week.
Old 01-04-07, 09:22 AM

Sorry to change the subject,

I saw amazon have the set in-stocked now. Do anyone know if they have the corrected version?

Also, I saw there is confusion about whether this set will go out of print soon. Should I wait for the next DDD 20% Sale, if it will be still available by June?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.