Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Mad About You: Season 3 is coming!

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-16, 06:04 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Mad About You: Season 3 is coming!

7 seasons on 14 discs... typical Mill Creek quality.
Old 03-03-16, 07:25 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jisham
7 seasons on 14 discs... typical Mill Creek quality.
Hoping Mill Creek will also make Season 6 & 7 for sale individually as a lot of us bought the first five seasons already and not wanting to double dip just to get the last two seasons.
Old 03-03-16, 07:37 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,015 Likes on 839 Posts

Originally Posted by rmw650
Hoping Mill Creek will also make Season 6 & 7 for sale individually as a lot of us bought the first five seasons already and not wanting to double dip just to get the last two seasons.
I would not bet on Mill Creek going out of its way to be kind to people who only want to buy part of their property. And the TVonDVD blurb specifically says it's the only way to get those seasons.

Funny thing is that MSRP is $70 for seven seasons, and 10 bucks per season is about what we're used to paying for major-studio catalog releases. When we pay for them at all, of course.
Old 03-03-16, 08:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 375 Likes on 235 Posts

I can see myself picking this up at some point down the road. When it's dirt cheap, of course. The funny thing is that I bailed on the show toward the end--probably when the baby came into the picture. And I'll eventually buy this series just to get the seasons with the baby. Maybe I'll appreciate them more since I have kids now as opposed to when those seasons were shown.
Old 03-04-16, 11:55 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by Cardsfan111
I can see myself picking this up at some point down the road. When it's dirt cheap, of course. The funny thing is that I bailed on the show toward the end--probably when the baby came into the picture. And I'll eventually buy this series just to get the seasons with the baby. Maybe I'll appreciate them more since I have kids now as opposed to when those seasons were shown.
I don't think it was you. I had a toddler during those final seasons, and they were absolute garbage. Maybe the most severe shark-jumping I've ever seen.
Old 03-04-16, 07:19 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by davidh777
I would not bet on Mill Creek going out of its way to be kind to people who only want to buy part of their property. And the TVonDVD blurb specifically says it's the only way to get those seasons.

Funny thing is that MSRP is $70 for seven seasons, and 10 bucks per season is about what we're used to paying for major-studio catalog releases. When we pay for them at all, of course.
David, you never know as if enough demand is there for Mill Creek to do as such, then they'll do it, regardless of what the guys on the TV DVD site are saying.
Old 03-05-16, 12:43 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I have the first 5 Seasons already, but never had much interest in the latter ones. If this ever falls to the $8-$12 range then I'll pick it up, but even then I'm not really looking forward to it. For anyone who really wants them then I'm glad that they are being made available somehow.

It's interesting to me how differently I react to each of these complete series sets. For example Wonder Years and China Beach were great as I knew I wanted them all and had none. Party of Five I already owned 3 of 6, but was still very happy to see the complete set as 4-6 had only previously been made available as dvd-r's. This one I'm very meh on. While 2 Guys and a Girl (and Pizza sometimes) seems like a good offering, but I've never seen any of it, so that's one I'll have to check out before committing to the complete collection.
Old 03-05-16, 01:35 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by rmw650
David, you never know as if enough demand is there for Mill Creek to do as such, then they'll do it, regardless of what the guys on the TV DVD site are saying.
Oh sure, I'd never rule anything out, and I'm sure TVonDVD is just quoting marketing copy from Mill Creek itself. But there's expense involved in releasing individual seasons so my guess is that they'll want to milk the complete one as long as they can, which is why I'm saying don't count on it. But anyone who's waited this long for those seasons is probably patient enough to wait a little longer.
Old 03-05-16, 07:06 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by davidh777
Oh sure, I'd never rule anything out, and I'm sure TVonDVD is just quoting marketing copy from Mill Creek itself. But there's expense involved in releasing individual seasons so my guess is that they'll want to milk the complete one as long as they can, which is why I'm saying don't count on it. But anyone who's waited this long for those seasons is probably patient enough to wait a little longer.
That's what SHOUT! has been doing with a lot of their releases after they release them as a complete series set, which is smart business at both ends of the candle and at the same time, they won't tee off their customers who have already invested enough money into buying the previous seasons.

If Mill Creek is smart, they make the individual seasons available for Seasons 6 & 7 sometime towards the holidays, either as two separate sets or as a combo Seasons 6 & 7 set, whatever works out best for them in the long haul.
Old 04-09-16, 10:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pre-order price has dropped to 39.99 on Amazon. $5.70 per season. At that price I'm in, regardless of the quality. Still better than YouTube!