DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-3/)
-   -   MST3K Collections: Vol 1, 3 and 10 going OOP... (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk/480737-mst3k-collections-vol-1-3-10-going-oop.html)

JesseCuster 10-14-06 10:00 AM

MST3K Collections: Vol 1, 3 and 10 going OOP...

per the main outlet for all news that is MST3K related, Satellite News:

Our source at Rhino informs us that it has lost the rights to all four
films featured on The Mystery Science Theater 3000 Collection: Volume
1 ("Catalina Caper," "The Creeping Terror," "Bloodlust" and "The Sky
Divers"), and will, in March, lose the rights to "The Sidehackers,"
featured in The Mystery Science Theater 3000 Collection: Volume 3.

So, if you haven't bought 'em yet, scoop 'em up now.

Our source also says they are working on what to do about the two other
movies on Volume 3, "The Unearthly" and "The Atomic Brain" (the fourth
disc in that set is a shorts collection). Stay tuned.

Cameron 10-14-06 12:38 PM

bummer...

darkside 10-14-06 01:02 PM

This is always a risk with MST3K and the reason I never wait to buy them. One of the single disc ones is out of print as well.

The Bus 10-14-06 01:20 PM

What's the cheapest way to get these? I wouldn't mind grabbing a few but $32 (after DDD's coming-soon 20% off sale) per set is still a bit too high. I'm only a casual fan.

TomOpus 10-14-06 01:42 PM

I usually get mine for about $27 each during various sales through DDD and Amazon. I need Vol 10 so I'm waiting for another sale.

There's always used... not sure how often you might find these, though. The few places I buy used DVDs from always check their discs out.

fiver 10-14-06 01:46 PM

That's really too bad; as someone else pointed out though, it is a risk with waiting to buy these particular sets. I'm all caught up and these days I buy on release week for mst3k since I'm a rabid fan. Sure wish Amazing Colossal Man wasn't only released on VHS (rights problems).

Now if only the contents of vol 11 would be announced.

Michael

MechanicalMan 10-14-06 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by The Bus
What's the cheapest way to get these? I wouldn't mind grabbing a few but $32 (after DDD's coming-soon 20% off sale) per set is still a bit too high.

I don't know how to get them new for less than ~$32 right now. They were $26.47 at Amazon for a very long time, but I guess that sale is finally over.

darkside 10-25-06 09:25 PM

Volume 10 may have suffered the same fate. From mst3kinfo.com

VOLUME 10 UPDATE
Several alert readers have noticed that, about a week ago, The Mystery Science Theater 3000 Collection: Volume 10 disappeared from Rhino's web site. Shortly thereafter, we were also informed that the Information Club has also stopped taking orders for Volume 10.

Our source at Rhino has declined to comment. Curiouser and curiouser.

However, there has not, apparently, been a recall: Volume 10 still appears to be available at a number of online sites as well as brick-and-mortar retailers. But, word to the wise, we suspect that may change soon. So this is another one you may want to scoop up sooner rather than later, if you haven't already. When we know more about the situation, we'll pass the info along immediately.

This has not affected the release of The Mystery Science Theater 3000 Collection: Volume 11 which, as far as we know, is still tentatively due out in February.

TomOpus 10-25-06 09:48 PM

Well, this scared me enough to order Vol 10.

MechanicalMan 10-25-06 11:36 PM

I wonder what that's about. Oh well... I already have volume 10.

majorjoe23 10-25-06 11:39 PM

I may have to order Volume 10 from buy.com this week.

jdpatri 10-26-06 08:08 AM

Originally Posted by majorjoe23
I may have to order Volume 10 from buy.com this week.

...except it's still cheaper to buy it from DDD, even with the google coupon for buy.com...

majorjoe23 10-26-06 08:57 AM

I just noticed that, but then I ended up getting it through ebay for about $4 less than ddd.

milo bloom 10-26-06 12:36 PM

I knew I should have grabbed Vol 10 sooner, I have no doubt it's the Godzilla title causing problems.

Fortunately, we had received some Best Buy gift cards last week from redeeming our credit card points, and when I went to buy the Planet of the Apes animated series last week, the only copy at the BB by my house had a gouge in the cover. So I've been procrastinating going to another BB, and then I read this thread. With two $20 GCs, I only paid about $5 plus tax for the set.

ResIpsa 10-27-06 03:19 AM

Volume 10 has a sales rank of #204 at amazon ;)

planetaire 10-27-06 10:37 AM

I'm definitely gonna have to get vol.10 somewhere this weekend. Cept the gift cards I got lying around are for Circuit City. ugh

lucasorion 10-27-06 02:35 PM

I'm trying to figure out if I should try waiting until the ddd sale before buying vol.10 - Is there any chance that it won't be available a month from now?

TomOpus 10-27-06 07:04 PM

I didn't take a chance of a possible recall. Got my shipping notice from DDD today.

milo bloom 10-27-06 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by lucasorion
I'm trying to figure out if I should try waiting until the ddd sale before buying vol.10 - Is there any chance that it won't be available a month from now?

I used to see MST3K the movie all the time at places like Borders, also This Island Earth. I grabbed MST the Movie in time, but not TIE, and I regretted it for years. And I breathe a sigh of relief when I see my copy of MST: The Movie on my bookshelf.

DJLinus 10-28-06 08:07 PM

Thanks for the heads-up. I've really been slacking on picking these sets up - I only have Volume Three. A couple of days ago I went to check Volume 10's in-store availability at Best Buy.com and noticed it's not even listed.

Luckily, my local BB store (Colonial Heights, VA) had Volume 10 in stock and I just bought it. They had two more copies left.

NoirFan 10-28-06 10:03 PM

Volume 10 is out of stock at DDD.

TomOpus 10-29-06 12:36 AM

Originally Posted by NoirFan
Volume 10 is out of stock at DDD.

Amazon no longer says "In Stock". It now says "Ships in 6 to 11 days". Looks like inventory is drying up.

Darknite39 10-29-06 12:39 AM

crap. i have an amazon coupon at home...hope i get to it before the set goes oos!

JMG 10-29-06 12:55 AM

:hscratch: f-ing weird but I Happened to be at a local eb games today and found a used copy of vol. 10 marked @$9.99....bought 2 more $9.99 titles and it ended up costing me under $5

darkside 10-29-06 01:03 AM

If you are lucky enough to find one all the MST3K sets seem to sell for $9.99 used at EB.