Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Big: Director's Cut 03/27/07 (merged)

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-06, 09:42 PM
Suspended

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Harold Wazzu
I think Chopsticks edition sounds logical.
What's logical about it? Chopsticks Edition. That doesn't mean anything. Just because Tom Hanks dances on a piano doesn't give any logic to calling it Chopsticks Edition. Why not call it Heart and Soul Edition? I mean he plays that too.
Old 09-09-06, 09:51 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I say they call it the Zoltar Edition.
Old 09-09-06, 09:59 PM
Suspended

I'll put money on something equally lame like "Make A Wish" Edition.
Old 09-09-06, 10:12 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3,204 Likes on 2,068 Posts
Not that I condone this kind of thing but something along the lines of "The Grown Up Edition" sounds a little better to me.

But my guess is that it will be called "The BIGger Edition"
Old 09-09-06, 10:32 PM

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts
will be mine.
Old 09-09-06, 10:39 PM

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts
"I get to be on top" edition?
Old 09-09-06, 10:47 PM

Received 45 Likes on 33 Posts
Why can't they just call it a Special Edition and quit using these stupid names? Oh I forgot. The studios think these stupid names help sell more copies.
Old 09-09-06, 11:02 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This was a title I never replaced after Hurricane Charley in hopes for just the announcement made today. November 7th is going to be expensive for me with (so far) Cars, Bond box sets 1 & 2 & now Big.
Old 09-09-06, 11:06 PM
Banned

That picture was a part of the original ad campaign. I can't believe you guys have never seen it before.

Old 09-09-06, 11:26 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Madison, WI ("77 square miles surrounded by reality")
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Son_Of_Zod
What's logical about it? Chopsticks Edition. That doesn't mean anything. Just because Tom Hanks dances on a piano doesn't give any logic to calling it Chopsticks Edition. Why not call it Heart and Soul Edition? I mean he plays that too.
That's exactly what I was thinking. And I always think of "Heart and Soul" when I think of Big. I Love the movie.

Of course it doesn't need any stupid edition name in the first place but if it had one it should be "Heart and Soul."
Old 09-10-06, 12:05 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

If they do give it some Special Edition title it wouldn't surprise me at all if it just goes with the "Family Fun Edition" banner.

I'm looking forward to this one quite a bit. I haven't seen the movie since I watched the non anamorphic DVD ages ago. It's kinda funny I hear about it now as just like three days ago on the XM Radio Cinemagic channel they were playing music from Big and it just got me around to thinking how much I want a special edition.
Old 09-10-06, 12:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts
Tom Hanks hosted Saturday Night Live after Big came out and during the show he presented "outtakes" from the movie which included him bowling over a catcher at the plate during a baseball game against kids, and intimidating a bunch of kids at a water fountain by taking his sweet long time getting his drink. Hanks claimed these were cut out from an earlier, darker take on the film where Josh became more of a bully. They actually did look like they may have been shot during the movie's production (not staged later for SNL use). But then again, they were shown for comedic laughs. I believe they are on the Best of Tom Hanks SNL DVD.
Old 09-10-06, 07:34 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Giant Piano Edition?

I've heard about that alternate ending, would be interesting if that was there but I think the original ending is fine.

Damn, now I have to pick this one up with Home Alone SE
Old 09-10-06, 09:24 AM
Banned

Location: Right now, my location is DVDTalk, but then again, you should already know that, shouldn't you?
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by GoldenJCJ
But my guess is that it will be called "The BIGger Edition"
Ah, methinks you've hit the jackpot!
Old 09-10-06, 02:33 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

This should be good. I always remember watching the VHS edition w/ my brothers with the "Say Anything" trailer at the beginning. Loved this movie as a kid, and I can't wait to pick up this edition. Thanks for the news.
Old 09-10-06, 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by OwlAtHome
I went to the Alternate versions page for Big and they had this :

A home video release of this movie in New Zealand is rumored to have included an alternate ending. The alternate ending shows young Josh sitting in his classroom at school when he turns around to notice a young female classmate of whom he recognises as Susan - who went back to the fairground machine and wished that she was Josh's age. The US DVD release of this film simply shows Josh and Billy walking up their street, then the credits roll in.
I like it. I think it's cute that she loved him that much.
Old 09-10-06, 03:04 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yeah, that ending sounds cute.
Old 09-11-06, 12:49 AM
Suspended

If by cute you mean creepy.
Old 09-11-06, 04:25 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

How is it creepy? its kinda sweet that they'd grow up together
Old 09-11-06, 08:33 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Bill Needle
Tom Hanks hosted Saturday Night Live after Big came out and during the show he presented "outtakes" from the movie which included him bowling over a catcher at the plate during a baseball game against kids, and intimidating a bunch of kids at a water fountain by taking his sweet long time getting his drink.
Yeah, that was a pretty funny sketch.
I even used it as a screen cap for my review of SNL: The Best of Tom Hanks:

Old 09-11-06, 09:43 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Madison, WI ("77 square miles surrounded by reality")
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by grim_tales
How is it creepy? its kinda sweet that they'd grow up together
Maybe kind of sweet but wouldn't she as an adult in a child's body be just as out of place as he was as a child in an adult's body (given that the "wish" would work the same way but in reverse)? She'd want to date 30 year olds. Talk about not being able to wait to grow up.
Old 09-11-06, 09:52 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by movielib
Maybe kind of sweet but wouldn't she as an adult in a child's body be just as out of place as he was as a child in an adult's body (given that the "wish" would work the same way but in reverse)? She'd want to date 30 year olds. Talk about not being able to wait to grow up.
Although I do agree with the "sweet" sentiment, it really doesn't make any sense. It's one thing to go from young to old because Josh could support himself and make a life as an older person. He had a mother and a family and he just became that older person.

If she were to become younger, what's she going to do? Go back to her parents (who are 20 years older) and say, here i am! Raise me again
Old 09-11-06, 11:00 AM

It's supposed to be an upbeat happy ending. After the fade for credits, it doesn't matter. But it would be assumed that she probably set things up before hand, so she could intigrate into the new life. You're putting way too much thought into this movie.
Old 09-11-06, 11:03 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by JarJarBinks
It's supposed to be an upbeat happy ending. After the fade for credits, it doesn't matter. But it would be assumed that she probably set things up before hand, so she could intigrate into the new life. You're putting way too much thought into this movie.
Oh i completely agree.

But IF this ending was indeed shot and once an idea, then it's possibly one reason why they canned it.
Old 09-11-06, 04:48 PM

I hope if they include that alternate ending it's only as a deleted scene and not reintegrated into the cut. That's way too stupid (not to mention illogical) and would just bring the movie down, imo.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.