Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Why is it that so many 'main stars' from tv series never participate in DVD features?

Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Why is it that so many 'main stars' from tv series never participate in DVD features?

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-06, 03:45 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 275 Likes on 207 Posts

On the one hand, I can assume they're busy with their movies, etc if they are big stars. But by that same token, these are the shows that made them stars, or at least, helped to make them stars. Any thoughts on this?
Old 08-27-06, 05:56 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The studios aren't willing to cut them in on a proportional piece of the action?

I'm sure someone is going to say that these actors are being greedy, only hurting the fans, etc. Every one of those arguments applies at least as much to the studio, if not moreso.
Old 08-27-06, 07:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
most of the time, the studios just doesnt bother to do them. Example, I interviewed a well known cult actor why he wasn't involved in a TV show box set that came out, that was based on a popular film series he did, he told me he called Sony, letting them know he is very interested in doing ainterview and/or commentary, he told me Sony never returned his calls!
Old 08-27-06, 11:41 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts
I don't really think studios care as much as they used to about special features.
Old 08-27-06, 02:04 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Money.