DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-3/)
-   -   Poster offer for The Searchers DVD (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk/475093-poster-offer-searchers-dvd.html)

ham 08-21-06 01:31 AM

Poster offer for The Searchers DVD

Hi all,

I bought the John Ford Collection DVD at costco and in the Searchers SE there is a poster offer, but then they require a proof of purchase or UPC which I dont think is available on the dvd set (no matter the searcher SE or the entire box), so in that case, how could I get the poster? anyone is under similar situation?

I tried to contact wbvideo but i didnt really get any response from them...

thanks..

Harry Lime 08-21-06 04:45 AM

there should be a upc sticker over the one printed on the box. just peel that off and send it in

Subgeniusguy 08-21-06 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by Harry Lime
there should be a upc sticker over the one printed on the box. just peel that off and send it in

That's what I did and received it. Of course the postman ran over it with his truck a few times on his way to my door, but I did get it.

Doctor Gonzo 08-21-06 05:11 PM

Here's what I did: put the box set face down on my scanner, case spines facing the glass, and printed off a pic of all the titles, including the searchers, and sent that in with a note that said there is no proof of purchase tab on the searchers DVD case (i mailed in a POP from the main case instead, take all the DVD cases out and you'll see it inside) sent it in with the certificate, receipt, and postage.

got it in the mail a week ago!

ham 08-21-06 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by Doctor Gonzo
Here's what I did: put the box set face down on my scanner, case spines facing the glass, and printed off a pic of all the titles, including the searchers, and sent that in with a note that said there is no proof of purchase tab on the searchers DVD case (i mailed in a POP from the main case instead, take all the DVD cases out and you'll see it inside) sent it in with the certificate, receipt, and postage.

got it in the mail a week ago!

mail in a POP from the main case? What does it mean? a POP? other than that if it works, perhaps i'll try it that way too..

Harry Lime 08-21-06 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by Subgeniusguy
That's what I did and received it. Of course the postman ran over it with his truck a few times on his way to my door, but I did get it.

How long did it takw to get yours? im still waiting on mine

lawyer goodwill 08-21-06 09:28 PM

I got my poster about two weeks ago. It probably took roughly two months for it to arrive. Just bought the frame for it today. The poster is badass, indeed.

JiM T 08-21-06 09:44 PM

There is a POP tab well hidden inside of "The Searchers" DVD case. IIRC, it's in the main case holding the two discs. It took me a few solid minutes to locate it, though, and I have years of experience with this sort of thing!

But like the others above, I did recieve my poster a few weeks ago - A bit beat to crap in transit, but well worth it nonetheless.

ham 08-22-06 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by JiM T
There is a POP tab well hidden inside of "The Searchers" DVD case. IIRC, it's in the main case holding the two discs. It took me a few solid minutes to locate it, though, and I have years of experience with this sort of thing!

But like the others above, I did recieve my poster a few weeks ago - A bit beat to crap in transit, but well worth it nonetheless.

i guess i just lack that experience, i searched the case from top to bottom, but i just didnt seem to locate this POP thing...

JiM T 08-22-06 11:18 PM

Alright, I just looked over "The Searchers" box again - and I was wrong about the POP being on it. I have the big John Ford/John Wayne box set, with "The Searchers Ultimate Edition" in it, and the POP I sent in came out of that main packaging. Specifically, on the inner lefthand side. I sent in the lowest POP, and like I said, got the poster a week or so ago. Hope thaqt clarifies, and sorry if I caused further confusion.

Living Dead 08-23-06 06:05 AM

I can confirm that the POP is actually inside the box that holds all the movies rather than inside the Searchers DVD case itself. I was a little confused looking for it when I first got the set, but I clipped the one from inside the box and mailed it in, and the poster has been on my wall for about 2 weeks.

ham 08-23-06 08:16 PM

thanks guys, i finally found it... another dumb question though, what should i make the check payable to?

Living Dead 08-23-06 08:27 PM

I made mine out to Warner Home Video and didn't have any problems.

lawyer goodwill 08-23-06 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by ham
thanks guys, i finally found it... another dumb question though, what should i make the check payable to?

Mailing info is on the little sheet featuring the poster offer (I believe I made mine out to: "The Searchers: UCE Free Poster Offer") ... but I reckon you can follow Living Dead's lead, too.

Xbox69 08-23-06 10:49 PM

When does this offer expire? I just bought the 50th Anniversary Edition from CH but I will probably get the John Wayne/John Ford box before the end of the year -- most likely the next DDD sale.

Pics?

NoirFan 11-21-06 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by Xbox69
When does this offer expire?

Considering picking up the Ford/Wayne box- is this offer still valid?

souvenir 11-21-06 10:41 PM

Originally Posted by NoirFan
Considering picking up the Ford/Wayne box- is this offer still valid?

No, I believe it had to be sent in at the end of July or August.

Paul Drake 11-24-06 04:19 PM

My poster was also not in the best of shape when it arrived. I noticed that others said the same thing. A bit disappointing. The KING KONG poster, by contrast, was in perfect shape when it arrived. I've got the 4 Astaire/Rogers posters on order so hopefully quality control has picked up a bit.