DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

The Michael Caine Collection ----> 10/17/06

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-06, 11:14 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The Michael Caine Collection ----> 10/17/06

From dvdactive.com:

Title: The Michael Caine Collection (IMDb: 1, 2, 3)
Starring: Michael Caine
Released: 17th October 2006
SRP: $19.98

Further Details:
Fox Home Video has sent over early details on three new to DVD Michael Caine films— Deadfall, The Magus, and Peeper—all of which will be available on the 17th of October at a retail price of $19.98 each. Each film will be presented with an anamorphic widescreen transfer at its original 2.35:1 aspect ratio, along with both Dolby 2.0 Mono and Dolby 2.0 Stereo Surround audio tracks in English with optional Spanish subtitles. Although details concerning the extras have yet to be finalized, we can tell you that each disc will contain a theatrical trailer and audio commentaries may be included for each film as well. We'll update things as more information becomes available, but for now we’ve attached the artwork for each disc below.
cover art here:

http://www.dvdactive.com/news/releas...ction-the.html
Old 08-11-06, 07:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Hardly an A-list of hits, but for those interested it's too bad that this "collection" won't be collected into a box set at a reasonable price for the 3 discs. Fox should pay some attention to how WB packages and promotes their releases to great critical and consumer acclaim.
Old 08-11-06, 07:35 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where's The Island?
Old 08-11-06, 08:01 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

despite what some might say, I think it's nice Fox is digging into their vault to dip up films that has never even been released on VHS or LD onto DVD, at least Fox is doing this, Paramount and Columbia and Univeral seem to have given up on library titles all together!

And Universal owns THE ISLAND!
Old 08-12-06, 09:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

despite what some might say, I think it's nice Fox is digging into their vault to dip up films that has never even been released on VHS or LD onto DVD,
Yeah, I'm a little confused by the guys on the DVD Active message board complaining that because Paramount hasn't released The African Queen, Fox shouldn't be releasing these. Between Studio Classics, Cinema Classics, Film Noir, Marquee Musicals, and plain catalogue releases, there aren't many A-level classics left in Fox's vault. If they want to keep digging, that's fantastic.

But still, the only one of these that I've heard of is The Magus, and I only know of the book. And Michael Caine is the sort of actor who takes parts based on the size of the paycheck, so blind-buying these is risky.
Old 08-12-06, 10:16 AM
Banned

No Jaws The Revenge?
Old 08-13-06, 12:08 PM

Never heard of any of them and I'd say I never will again.

And that's from someone who likes Michael Caine.
Old 08-17-06, 03:13 AM
DVD Talk Legend

i was hoping with Fox getting the MGM distribution, we would finally get a region 1 NTSC copy of "Pulp"....the wait continues
Old 08-17-06, 06:35 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Sean O'Hara
But still, the only one of these that I've heard of is The Magus, and I only know of the book. And Michael Caine is the sort of actor who takes parts based on the size of the paycheck, so blind-buying these is risky.
True, but his latter "paycheck" films, mostly for Irwin Allen, and those international co-production things (DESTRUCTORS, ASHANTI), were disasters, but his earlier ones, are actually all pretty good, and have "effort" to them. MAGUS is flawed, but it is interesting viewing. DEADFALL is the best of the three, and PEEPER is abit of a let down, but Caine and Natalie Wood makes a good combo. I hope they release BLACK WINDMILL, SILVER BEARS, KIDNAPPED, WRONG BOX, GAMBIT, and PLAY DIRTY soon as well.