Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

DVD Packaging for Prison Break S1, and 24 Season 5

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Old 08-09-06, 06:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone have a packaging problem with Prison Break? My discs dont stay into place, and everytime I open one of the dvd cases (the one that holds two discs, one on the left, one on the right) the discs always fall out. It is really annoying, and makes me scared the discs will get scratched up that way.

I hope FOX keeps the old school packaging for Season 5 of 24 when that comes out to DVD.
Old 08-09-06, 08:25 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Never had that problem with any dual slimcases (Brady Bunch, I Love Lucy S1, etc.). But I do hope Fox stays with digipaks for forthcoming 24 seasons.
Old 08-09-06, 08:36 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I've never had this problem with dual slim cases, but my Prison Break set is exactly the same...the cases do not open easily, so in pulling hard to actually get it open, one or both of the discs pops off...really frustrating.

MATT
Old 08-09-06, 02:47 PM

good so I am not the only one. I was hoping I could go out, and buy some of these cases, but the ones for sell only hold one in them.
Old 08-09-06, 02:56 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I haven't tried my Prison Break set yet, but I have that problem all the time with my MacGyver sets.
Old 08-09-06, 04:49 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I sometimes have problems, but I know about it so I'm careful and the discs never really get any damange...

On the front of packaging for '24,' i doubt Fox will change it as they are very good with keeping packaging constant (look at 'Buffy' and 'Angel')
Old 08-09-06, 04:51 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I'm also having this problem with the Prison Break packaging. I like the double sided cases that Rescue Me used much more. They hold the discs so much better.
Old 08-09-06, 07:34 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I have this problem with my Popular season sets.
Old 08-09-06, 08:09 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
A few months ago, FOX had a survey involving 24's Season 5 packaging, where the choices were the digipak style, or slimpaks. So they have at least thought about making the switch. I believe 24 would be the last show using this style (from FOX anyway), since the Simpsons have moved onto the bookpage style, so it might make sense for them to retire it.