Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"The Omen: The Complete Collection" October 17th

According to www.dvdactive.com:

Title: The Omen: The Complete Collection
Starring: Gregory Peck
Released: 17th October 2006
SRP: $49.98

Further Details:
Fox Home Video has announced the release of The Omen: The Complete Collection, which will be available on the 17th of October at a retail price of right around $49.98. The six-disc set will contain all five Omen films, which includes The Omen, Omen II: Damien, Omen III: The Final Conflict, Omen IV: The Awakening, and the 2006 remake of the first film. The original film will be represented in the collection by the recently released two-disc collector's edition, while the disc containing the remake will be identical to the disc that will also be available separately on the 17th. The other three films in the series look to be identical to those that were released a few years ago, with Damien and The Final Conflict each containing a commentary track and trailers. If anything changes we'll let you know, but in the meantime stay tuned for the artwork.
Old 08-04-06, 02:21 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Thanks for the news. I have the soon-to-be old set, without the remake, and I think that's where I'm going to leave it. I didn't see the remake, but I'll probably end up renting it. I'm still considering whether or not to get the 2-Disc set of the original, which I'm a big fan of.
Old 08-04-06, 02:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm not a huge fan of any of the sequels... but that's a pretty amazing deal. I dropped something in the neighborhood of $20 for the 2-disc edition. It looks like for about $10 more than that (with some creative shopping), I'd be able to get 4 more films. Makes me a little pissed that I rushed out to buy the 2-disc now.
Old 08-04-06, 02:28 PM
Banned

What a rip-off!!!!!!!!!! I bought the new collector's edition just a couple months ago and now they're releasing it in this set! We should all boycott DVDs until they stop doing crap like this!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-04-06, 04:48 PM

I never saw the remake, but that's an awsome deal. Kudos for living up to the "complete collection" moniker.
Old 08-04-06, 04:59 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by billthesaidso
What a rip-off!!!!!!!!!! I bought the new collector's edition just a couple months ago and now they're releasing it in this set! We should all boycott DVDs until they stop doing crap like this!!!!!!!!!!!
If your post is sarcastic, I apologize, but the fact that there was a remake coming has been known for quite a while now, and remakes/sequels usually do bring new DVDs.
Old 08-04-06, 05:17 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Mikael79
If your post is sarcastic, I apologize, but the fact that there was a remake coming has been known for quite a while now, and remakes/sequels usually do bring new DVDs.
Check his other posts... he's probably a troll. Love the "no one wants these old titles" response over in the Amazon.com sale thread.
Old 08-04-06, 05:17 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Mikael79
That's not what I'm saying! They released the collector's edition of the first Omen and now they're releasing a whole set of the movies that includes that collector's edition!!!!!! I just bought the collector's edition now I'm going to end up buying it again with that set! That's not fair so we should boycott DVDs!!!!! Then maybe the company that makes DVDs will learn their lesson!!!!!!!
Old 08-04-06, 07:06 PM
Banned

Location: Right now, my location is DVDTalk, but then again, you should already know that, shouldn't you?
Originally Posted by MrStayPuft
Just because you're upset you couldn't wait for the boxset we should all boycott dvds?
He's not upset because he couldn't wait; he's upset because he didn't know he had to wait. The release of the new THE OMEN [1976]: Collector's Edition was done without any advance word from Fox that a boxed set would be forthcoming in just a few short months, and that's what he's rightfully pissed about.
Old 08-05-06, 01:24 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Because Fox never milks any of their releases.
Old 10-04-06, 08:53 PM

Not sure what to think of it yet. Would be an awesome deal if you didn't have the already released set. But since I do...not sure this upgrade is worth it. Of course, I'd be getting the 2 disc special of the original Omen, and the new one. I've always had my eye on the foreign one that folds out into the cross shape, and I believe one had the Omen Legacy Documentary included?? (Interesting DVD BTW)
Old 10-04-06, 09:05 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Nice to see a box set include everything for a change. I have never seen any of the films but it looks like now is the time.
Old 10-04-06, 09:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 211 Likes on 178 Posts
Glad I resisted getting that 2-disc release. Never seen the sequels, but I'll drop $30-35 for this set.
Old 10-04-06, 09:21 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts
You know, i'm not a fan of the movies, but that is a very good price for what you're getting, considering you are getting the new SE of the orginial Omen + the 2006 version included. At $30-35 on new release week, that is a steal.
Old 10-05-06, 07:47 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I was hoping for this, and not buying any of the Omen movies because of it. Ever since I heard that they were doing an Omen remake, I knew this was on the way. Glad to see my patience paid off!
Old 10-15-06, 10:55 AM

I to am glad I resisted getting the 2-disc release. With FOX, your better off waiting a few months. I have made the mistake before and refuse to make it again. This is a super deal and even more super if thats possible since I waited.
Old 10-15-06, 05:35 PM

I'm in the same boat, having bought the 2 disc Omen set last month. Oh well. Time to sell it back for credit towards the Complete Set. With the discounts that shops have when dvds are newly released, I expect to pay $39.99, minus the sellback credit for the 2 disc, and that's not bad at all for all of those movies.

Looking at the bright side,
EVS
Old 10-17-06, 02:31 PM

I was about to pick up the box set at Wal Mart for $34.99. However, they didn't have any that were not all smashed up. Around the corner they had a display of the 2006 version with a bonus disc. I decided to pass on the box set and get the remake with the bonus disc.
Old 10-17-06, 04:24 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I really hope you already own the original otherwise you've made a huge mistake! :P Will eventually pick up the boxset, but the only place I found it at today didn't have it on sale at all and a few other stores didn't get it in stock yet.

MATT
Old 10-17-06, 04:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I went to a couple of stores today looking for this box (just to see how it was packaged, etc.) Can't find it anywhere.
Old 10-17-06, 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by mdc3000
I really hope you already own the original otherwise you've made a huge mistake! :P Will eventually pick up the boxset, but the only place I found it at today didn't have it on sale at all and a few other stores didn't get it in stock yet.

MATT

I already own the original boxset. I was going to get the new one so I could have them all in 1 fancy package. Right now they are lined up on my shelf as follows. Original Box, 2 Disc Original, 2006 Version, 2006 Bonus Disc.
Old 10-17-06, 06:45 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm also interested to see how it's packaged... is it in slimpacks like the Exorcist Anthology?
Old 10-17-06, 07:24 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

OK good...I had to make sure you didn't JUST pick the remake...if you've got the original in some form, you're good.

MATT
Old 10-17-06, 07:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I've finally seen it live. I don't know how it's packaged inside (it's covered in cardboard on all sides), but I don't think it's thinpaks. It's disappointingly chunky. It may even be individual keepcases inside.
Old 10-17-06, 09:18 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

It does look to be Keepcases...I was actually shocked it wasn't thinpaks, since Fox has been loving those lately (me too!)...very big boxset.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.