DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-3/)
-   -   Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Vol 5 (Classic cartoon) - 29/8/06 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk/471607-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-vol-5-classic-cartoon-29-8-06-a.html)

grim_tales 07-14-06 10:02 AM

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Vol 5 (Classic cartoon) - 29/8/06

Turtle Power!

:D

I wiah they'd be released in full season sets though, but I guess theyre released like this to keep the cost down, even if it is confusing. S3 (1989) contained 47 episodes (IIRC). I havent got Vols 3 and 4 yet :)

Darknite39 07-14-06 10:08 AM

These releases scream for some custom cover art...

grim_tales 07-14-06 10:35 AM

Agreed. there are fairly poor - why not show all the Turtles? I actually prefer the UK logo "Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles", with the word Turtles always being green, instead of the assorted colours we seem to have for the US logo :confused:

hiccup 07-14-06 12:32 PM

Like you said, I wish they would put these out in sets. Perhaps if sales keep up or once all of these release there will be one. By the way, sort of OT but what's happening with the Masters of Horror releases? Will there ever be a boxset of some sort, etc.? Somebody on CAG asked this, but the question perked my interest as well.

Deus 07-15-06 12:48 PM

I'm looking forward to this. Sure, it's taking a while (I was expecting Volume 6 to be announced by now!) but they're dirt cheap to buy and you get a fair number of episodes on each one to keep you occupied. I guess Volume 6 will only have 11 episodes on it then so that season 3 will be spread across Volumes 3-6 (given that Volume 1 = Season 1 (the Lord Dregg episodes don't count since they're extras) and Volume 2 = Season 2).

Originally Posted by hiccup
By the way, sort of OT but what's happening with the Masters of Horror releases? Will there ever be a boxset of some sort, etc.? Somebody on CAG asked this, but the question perked my interest as well.

Anchor Bay UK are going to release a box set of MOH in the UK. I'm not sure if ABUS will follow suit after all of the individual releases are out.

John*D 07-15-06 01:51 PM

Pretty sure I read somewhere that they are going to do a mega set with EXTRAS! I have the first two volume's, but I'm going to hold out for whatever that set is.

grim_tales 07-15-06 02:52 PM

Is the episode "Shredderville" forthcoming then after Volume 5? Thats the excellent one where the Turtles wake up in a world where they never exsisted. :)

Living Dead 07-17-06 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by John*D
Pretty sure I read somewhere that they are going to do a mega set with EXTRAS! I have the first two volume's, but I'm going to hold out for whatever that set is.

With the way these are being released... if they stay on the average of a dozen eps per releases, we're looking at 3-4 separate realeases for season 4, 3 releases for season 5, 1 or 2 releases for season 6, 2 or 3 releases for season 7, 1 for season 8, 1 for season 9, and 1 for season 10.

That's 12-15 more releases, unless they wise up and release season sets. And at the rate they're releasing them, they should all be avaialble by 2016.

I bought Volumes 1 and 2, but stopped buying them when I realized how they were going to release the longer seasons. If they actually do release them all, then I'll definitely pick them up, but I doubt that will happen. But I would definitely pick up a mega-set, I just think it will be 10 years before it comes along.

Cameron 07-18-06 03:11 PM

i still need vol. 4, but glad these are selling well enough to continue on

grim_tales 07-24-06 08:44 AM

Is it just me or does the "Shredderville" episode take elements from Its A Wonderful Life?
I guess it does insofar as the Turtles wake up in a world where they never exsisted a la George Bailey, and the city is renamed Shredderville (Potterville in IAWL).

Fincher Fan 07-24-06 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by John*D
Pretty sure I read somewhere that they are going to do a mega set with EXTRAS!

Interesting. Where did you hear that?

John*D 07-24-06 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by Fincher Fan
Interesting. Where did you hear that?

I forget, but I am now holding out for whenever that'll come out...

Cameron 08-24-06 04:12 PM

^i'd like to see some confirmation on that one...sounds like a pipe dream at this point...

http://www.thedigitalbits.com/articl...lesvol5dvd.jpg

ignition 08-24-06 08:04 PM

Yeah.... I try to pay attention to every TMNT news website out there regarding info on these releases and I haven't heard jack s**t on a mega-set.

I'm not saying it's comepletely false, I'm just saying I haven't seen or heard any news of such.

grim_tales 08-25-06 05:43 AM

How much are volume 3 and 4 going for now? At least theyre fairly cheap.

The Reaper 08-25-06 02:25 PM

Picked this up early at Best Buy. Haven't watched it yet but it comes with a nice lenticular slip cover.

DVDFreaker 08-25-06 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by grim_tales
How much are volume 3 and 4 going for now? At least theyre fairly cheap.

$9.99

DVDFreaker 08-25-06 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by The Reaper
Picked this up early at Best Buy. Haven't watched it yet but it comes with a nice lenticular slip cover.

It is out early? I thought it won't come until next week?

ignition 08-25-06 03:25 PM

More importantly, why on Earth would it have a lenticular slip cover?

DVDFreaker 08-25-06 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by ignition
More importantly, why on Earth would it have a lenticular slip cover?

To attract people to buy them

The Reaper 08-25-06 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by DVDFreaker
It is out early? I thought it won't come until next week?

The Best Buy I went to (Columbia, MO) had one copy out early, so I went ahead and got it ($9.99).

Living Dead 08-26-06 06:05 AM

Lenticular cover? Damn! If I recall, the first release had a slipcover, but none of the others did after that. It would be nice to get a bunch of lenticular covers in the future.

Cameron 09-22-06 12:44 PM

Mike Long did a review http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/read.php?ID=23957

bluetoast 09-22-06 12:47 PM

I have the first few sets, good nostalgia. But mastering them from VHS is unacceptable at this stage of DVD's life.

Cameron 09-22-06 01:04 PM

i don't think its mastered off VHS....more than likely a 1 inch or 3/4 inch tape. That is the original master for this show, not film.