Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Puppets Who Kill Seasons 1 & 2....Good blind buy?

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Old 06-22-06, 09:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts

Are these two seasons worth a blind buy? I'm thinking about ordering them both before season 2 comes out next week.
Old 06-22-06, 11:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I bought the first season as a blind buy and really enjoyed it. Of course, I find nasty puppets really amusing. If you've seen and enjoyed Greg the Bunny, you'd probably like this. The second season kept getting delayed for some reason. I didn't even know it's finally coming out next week until you brought it up.
Old 06-23-06, 01:31 AM

you really might want to bittorrent an episode first before you make the plunge. With a name like puppets who kill i thought it was a no brainer. I like edgy or quirky stuff, but this series just seemed so lame. The puppets were not nearly evil enough. I gave it 3 eps and put it down.
Old 06-23-06, 03:39 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by smackattack
you really might want to bittorrent an episode first before you make the plunge. With a name like puppets who kill i thought it was a no brainer. I like edgy or quirky stuff, but this series just seemed so lame. The puppets were not nearly evil enough. I gave it 3 eps and put it down.
I'll second that suggestion. I'm a fairly demented person and I thought with a title like "Puppets Who Kill," I couldn't go wrong.

I gave up after 2 episodes, it just wasn't funny at all.
Old 06-23-06, 06:27 AM

Originally Posted by smackattack
I'll third that sentiment. I was fortunate enough to be working at a DVD rental place at the time, so I bought it for the store instead of for me as it seemed like something our customer base would really get into. That, and it was super cheap for us, so all we needed was two or three rentals to pay for it.

I also gave up after a few episodes - maybe even one, I forget. I was expecting something more subversive - it was kinda lame. Oh well.

Though we did get our rentals from curiosity of the name, so it wasn't a total wash. No one seemed overly thrilled with it, however.
Old 06-23-06, 09:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Thanks for the replies. I guess I'll hold of on these. I was about to plunk about 30 and some change for both seasons but that Planet of the Apes set over at DDD looks mighty interesting.
Old 06-23-06, 03:55 PM

I will admit that the first three or four episodes weren't anything special to me, but the season got better as it went on. As the show found it's strengths and weaknesses, it got better to me. I would try "sampling" a few random episodes from different seasons to see if it fits your taste.
Old 06-23-06, 05:21 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I can't find the listing for this series on DDD. Could someone help me?
Old 06-23-06, 06:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by hiccup
I can't find the listing for this series on DDD. Could someone help me?
DDD doesn't carry it but Amazon does. I hope that helps.
Old 06-23-06, 07:58 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: In a small pocket universe hoping to someday become a Moderator Emeritus at DVDTalk.com!
Originally Posted by MovieExchange
I'll second that suggestion. I'm a fairly demented person and I thought with a title like "Puppets Who Kill," I couldn't go wrong.

I gave up after 2 episodes, it just wasn't funny at all.
Sounds like it's really lame.
Old 06-23-06, 11:27 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Location: In my secret underground lair, plotting to TAKE OVER THE WORLD!!! Bwuaaahahahaha!!
I enjoyed Season 1...