Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

September Criterions

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-06, 05:53 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Cosmic Bus
Essentially, yes. The Rohmer box was intended to be a double slipcase, like the Cassavetes set, and not the single that was released. The replacement box fits perfectly over the digipaks and book, and then goes inside of the first, larger case (backwards, so you see the spines of the sleeves on both ends and not the indivual DVD cases).
Thanks for the info.
Now to scroll up and find that contact e-mail
Old 09-24-06, 05:46 PM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

I picked up a copy of the Seven Samurai set today, as a blind-buy. I couldn't resist buying it because of the great things I've heard about it, as well as the incredible packaging. It was listed as $63.99, but it rang up as $49.99. I didn't notice until I checked the bill when I got home - I guess I just swiped my debit card, pressed okay, and put in my code.

I'm going to watch it tonight.
Old 09-28-06, 02:05 PM

OK, this might seem like a strange question, but how do I tell the difference between the old release of Brazil and the new one. I ordered the 3 disc set from Amazon.

This one:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...220716?ie=UTF8

The release date on it is right, and on the back cover of the disc is says "second printing 2006" but the menus do not match the ones shown in DVD beaver for the re-issue, they match the ones for the old release. Is it possible that Amazon sent the wrong set? Or did criterion not change the menus for the new release in the boxset (that wouldn't really make sense though because it would mean pressing two seperate discs when they could have done just one) So is there a deffinitive way to tell which disc I got, because right now it is looking more and more like the old one. (not the one I ordered) Thanks for any help.
Old 09-28-06, 02:29 PM

I don't have the new 3 disc set, but from what I've read the new disc and case (in that set) look like the old one. It does have the anamorphic transfer like the single disc release but they kept the old design on the case and menus for consistency I assume. So, I think you're alright. Of course, the real determination is whether the disc is anamorphic.
Old 09-28-06, 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by souvenir
I don't have the new 3 disc set, but from what I've read the new disc and case (in that set) look like the old one. It does have the anamorphic transfer like the single disc release but they kept the old design on the case and menus for consistency I assume. So, I think you're alright. Of course, the real determination is whether the disc is anamorphic.
I don't have a 16:9 tv yet, but I popped the disc in my PC just now and it looks to be anamorphic (the menus are not thoguh). So I think you're right. thanks. I was kind of worried there for a few minutes.
Old 09-28-06, 09:27 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Wick
I picked up a copy of the Seven Samurai set today, as a blind-buy. I couldn't resist buying it because of the great things I've heard about it, as well as the incredible packaging. It was listed as $63.99, but it rang up as $49.99. I didn't notice until I checked the bill when I got home - I guess I just swiped my debit card, pressed okay, and put in my code.

I'm going to watch it tonight.
$63.99 ??? where is this? the list price is $49.95 so in a way, you payed 4 cents more than the list price. you got ripped off.
Old 09-28-06, 09:46 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by manicsounds
$63.99 ??? where is this? the list price is $49.95 so in a way, you payed 4 cents more than the list price. you got ripped off.
I'm guessing those are Canadian prices.
Old 09-28-06, 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by The Void
I'm guessing those are Canadian prices.
Yeah, amazon.ca sells it for 63.96, but it could have be pre-ordered for 38.86 which is what I did.