Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Stargate SG-1 season9 3 Oct

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-06, 04:40 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stargate SG-1 season9 3 Oct

Does anyone know when the 9th season of stargate is going to be released on DVD?
Old 06-07-06, 05:49 PM

Should be sometime in October.
Old 06-08-06, 12:26 PM

I just found out that they are re-releasing the SG-1 series in 10th anniv. special ed. sets. They are suppossed to be way cheaper, and have a sneak peek at seson 10!!

:@ This means I have to re-buy seasons 1 & 2. &^$&)
Old 06-08-06, 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by iamthevillain
I just found out that they are re-releasing the SG-1 series in 10th anniv. special ed. sets. They are suppossed to be way cheaper, and have a sneak peek at seson 10!!

:@ This means I have to re-buy seasons 1 & 2. &^$&)

I dont know about any 10th anniversary sets, but Seasons 1-8 are being re-released in different packaging. But there is no difference with the discs themselves or their contents. At least, thats what i know, and i'd like to think i keep pretty good track of all things Stargate
Old 06-08-06, 12:36 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I think a better question is will Season 9 have the full-sized cases as well? Cause... it's going to look real dumb to have 8 huge seasons and then slim cases
Old 06-08-06, 01:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
I've been wondering about (and dreading) a possible change in packaging. (As much as I prefer the slimcases for new things.)

This and Dark Shadows are probably the two series *most screwed up* by the way series packaging is gradually evolved. Not that I blame them too much or there's much we can do about it.

Huge series, slow releases = gradual packaging changes and crappy looking full sets if you buy them like a real fan as they first come out.

I guess I should just be happy I didn't buy the first incarnation of ST:TOS with all those individual cases!

Still:

Last edited by adamblast; 06-08-06 at 01:38 PM.
Old 06-08-06, 01:36 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by adamblast
I've been wondering about (and dreading) a possible change in packaging. (As much as I prefer the slimcases for new things.)

This and Dark Shadows are probably the two series *most screwed up* by the way series packaging is gradually evolved. Not that there's much we can do about it.

Huge series, slow releases = gradual packaging changes and crappy looking sets if you bought them as they first come out.

Man, Law and Order SVU is pretty bad. Different packaging for each season.
Old 06-09-06, 02:05 PM

I found some more info DVD Active...

http://www.dvdactive.com/competition...-season-1.html

It would be nice to win, then I wouldn't have to re-buy season 1 at least.
Old 06-22-06, 08:59 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

More info coming from TVShowsOnDVD, about both Season 9 (where is it?) and if we'll be able to swap out thick for thin (I may actually prefer the big ones despite the fact it takes up a whole shelf right now, they just look cooler):

This is a news item explaining why there hasn't been any Stargate news lately (news about non-news), but we hope you'll get something out of it anyway.

Fans have been emailing us about two Stargate-related items; season 9, and the possibility of obtaining the slim packaging to replace the bulky sets that were released. Both these items are connected to a major event that took place a few weeks ago; MGM moved their distribution from Sony to Fox. Sony became the distributor of MGM titles when they purchased the company last year, but MGM apparently had the ability to switch distributors if they felt it would benefit the company. They took a vote and decided to move distribution over to Fox, and away from Sony. Now there's a lot of work to be done at both companies since Fox will have to take a look at the titles MGM had on the schedule and evaluate whether they have to be pushed back, or whether they can be released on time. We don't know if Stargate season 9 was on the schedule at Sony, but it'll take a bit of time for Fox to get up to speed; they're just starting to meet and discuss the MGM titles.

When we posted news about the slim sets coming out we also made mention of a possible plan for customers that have the larger packaging to obtain the slimmer packaging. I was spearheading that push, and had discussed the idea with people at Sony. Obviously that has changed since Sony no longer distribubtes the MGM titles, so I've started exploring the possibility with the people at Fox. It's a bit difficult right now as they have a lot on their plate, but I'll keep pushing for it, posting any updates to the site. If you can't find an update on the progress posted here then it just means there's nothing to report yet, it doesn't mean I've given up. Stargate takes up an entire bookcase shelf, and I'd love to free up some of the room for the piles of DVDs on my floor.
Does not sound good for anyone.
Old 06-23-06, 06:45 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 911 Likes on 646 Posts
^ FWIW, Gord(tvshowsondvd) prefers if you link to the article instead of posting it. That is why copy/paste is disabled on the site.
Old 06-24-06, 09:34 PM

a possible plan for customers that have the larger packaging to obtain the slimmer packaging.
I've already got 8 seasons in the larger packaging, which I happen to like. I'd rather get the old style for the new seasons rather than replacing packaging for the first eight.
Old 08-25-06, 04:32 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Packaging details and dates are out now.

Fox/MGM Home Entertainment has sent over artwork for the ninth season of Stargate SG-1 which stars Amanda Tapping. The five-disc package will be available to own from the 3rd October, and should retail at around $49.95. Each of the twenty episodes will be presented in anamorphic widescreen, along with English Dolby Digital 5.1 tracks. Extras will include commentaries, an It Takes A Crew To Raise A Village featurette, an Inside the Stargate Props Department featurette, Inside The Stargate SG-1 Special Effects Department featurette, Profile On: Brad Wright, production design galleries, photo galleries, and more.
Don't see any mention to if it is going to be the slim or fat version, but I am guessing the slim. Any word on if we would be able to switch our fat versions for the slim ones somehow?

Last edited by gijon213; 08-25-06 at 04:35 PM.
Old 08-25-06, 04:54 PM

gijon,
We posted complete specs (including commentary participants) a few weeks ago.
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=6226

This will be a slim set. I've been talking to Fox about allowing us to get the slim packaging for seasons 1-8, and there are plans for it, they just haven't worked out all the details yet.

Gord
Old 08-25-06, 05:02 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Gord Lacey
gijon,

This will be a slim set. I've been talking to Fox about allowing us to get the slim packaging for seasons 1-8, and there are plans for it, they just haven't worked out all the details yet.

Gord
tbickle currently is my hero for posting about the B1G1F DDD sale. But you get this Gord, and you will be my new hero. Thanks for trying to get these on behave of all SG-1 fans.
Old 08-25-06, 05:56 PM

Oh no....I'm doing it for purely selfish reasons (just kidding). Those things take up WAY too much space on my shelf. You should see all the DVDs on the floor that won't fit on my shelves.

Gord
Old 08-25-06, 05:56 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The date is 3 Oct. Several places have it available for preorder now so check your favorite etailer.
Old 08-25-06, 07:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by nemein
The date is 3 Oct. Several places have it available for preorder now so check your favorite etailer.

36.91 at DDD, and I also noticed this: http://search.deepdiscountdvd.com/se...nd&isort=score

The "complete" series for 292. Don't know why youd buy this before season 10 is out. But it would make for a good price at the 20% off sale.

Of course, I already have 1-8, so it is irrelevant.

Anybody know when they will catch up on Atlantis sets?
Old 08-26-06, 06:39 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I've been talking to Fox about allowing us to get the slim packaging for seasons 1-8, and there are plans for it, they just haven't worked out all the details yet.
That would be some fantastic news if it happens, thanks for continuing to work on this!
Old 08-29-06, 01:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Anybody know why they have two different sets available for preorder at Bestbuy. One is 41.99 and one is 44.99. They have different SKUs.
Old 08-29-06, 10:17 PM

I wonder if they have a thin and thick pack.
Old 10-03-06, 12:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

gijon,

Gord

Any word on replacement packaging lately?
Old 10-03-06, 07:31 PM
AOD

I also await any info on the slim package swap outs. Gord, anything yet?
Old 10-06-06, 01:21 PM

I don't mind the series taking up a lot of shelf space. I like the old packaging. I was really hoping they would finish the set with the same packaging.
Old 10-06-06, 01:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by GrimmSD
I don't mind the series taking up a lot of shelf space. I like the old packaging. I was really hoping they would finish the set with the same packaging.

I'd prefer to get the old packaging as well, but mostly I just want consistancy.
Old 10-07-06, 04:56 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I have already repacked mine into slim sets - I bought a bunch of regular-sized cases that hold 4 discs each, which lets me get 4 seasons into the space of one box. So, the first 8 seasons fill just two boxes. Works out perfectly with the change to new packaging.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.