DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Return of the Living Dead: Necropolis 5.1???

Old 05-14-06, 04:53 AM

Return of the Living Dead: Necropolis 5.1???

The back of the case and the dvdtalk review both said that this movie had a 5.1 track. I bought it today and it seems to only have a 2.0 track. There isn't even an audio setup menu. Did Lions Gate drop the 5.1 track at the last minute? Am I the only person that bought this?
Old 05-14-06, 11:35 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I bought it too and it does not have a 5.1 track. I bought mine from DDD. It would be nice to know what happened to the 5.1 track and I guess only Lion's Gate knows.

Dirk
Old 05-14-06, 01:29 PM

Yeah, same here, guys. I e-mailed Bill Hunt on The Digital Bits to see if he's heard anything about it and he never got back to me, so who knows. I guess e-mailing Lions Gate would've been better.
Old 05-14-06, 05:36 PM

It's Lions Gate, you're lucky they put the film on the disc

Yeah I think it's kind of shitty when a company advertises extras on the box and then doesn't deliver, had a similar situation with H20 some years ago (the box says it has a commentary track with Jamie Lee Curtis and Steve Miner, it doesn't)
Old 05-14-06, 05:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by IGotsNewShoes
It's Lions Gate, you're lucky they put the film on the disc

Yeah I think it's kind of shitty when a company advertises extras on the box and then doesn't deliver, had a similar situation with H20 some years ago (the box says it has a commentary track with Jamie Lee Curtis and Steve Miner, it doesn't)
And isn't that one of the very few extras that disc advertises? A little short on a movie that the Halloween franchise took seriously. This is the only movie in the series that I don't own on dvd and now I'm not even going to bother.