DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Wal-Mart Bonus DVD for MUNICH: What's On It?

Old 05-09-06, 03:07 PM
Banned

Location: Right now, my location is DVDTalk, but then again, you should already know that, shouldn't you?
Wal-Mart Bonus DVD for MUNICH: What's On It?

Discerning fans want to know...
Old 05-09-06, 03:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

LOL. I just mentioned this on one of the other Munich threads.

Don't know. Something called "Experience the story behind the film". I held it in my hands for about 2 minutes at Wal-Mart this morning. Decided not to buy it after remembering how plentiful the War of the Worlds bonus disc Wal-Mart had to offer last year was.
Old 05-09-06, 03:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Pix:

Old 05-09-06, 04:34 PM
Banned

Location: Right now, my location is DVDTalk, but then again, you should already know that, shouldn't you?
Hmm...looks like it could be one of the featurettes on the 2-Disc Collector's Edition, but I'd like to know for sure. Trailers would be welcome, as well, but I'm not holding my breath...
Old 05-09-06, 04:50 PM
Banned

It's probably a documentary.

That was a part of The Aviator bonus disc that they sold. The other was "premiere footage."
Old 05-11-06, 11:14 AM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Thanks for the info, I'll add it to my thread on exclusives.
Old 05-11-06, 11:48 AM
LiK

is it worth getting? i haven't read any news of what's in it. i guess completists will go for it
Old 05-12-06, 12:56 AM

I bit the bullet and bought it. I only skimmed through it just to see how long it is.

From what I saw, it looks to be a typical "behind the scenes" featurette about 22 mins long. Lots of movie footage intertwined with making of interviews/behind the scenes footage. I just watched to movie tonight and will probably sit down tomorrow and watch the bonus disc.

I'd say that considering the single disc is barebones and the 2 disc is hard to find/so high priced, this seems to be a somewhat decent alternative at $20.
Old 05-13-06, 01:33 PM
Banned

Well, I went ahead and conducted my ethically specious practice of buying the bonus DVD pack, then returning the factory-sealed movie (which I'd already bought in the form of the 2-disc Collector's Edition) for store credit and keeping the exclusive bonus DVD for myself (net cost = $3.09). I've had to do this a couple of times before (such as with WAR OF THE WORLDS and LEMONY SNICKET'S A SERIES OF UNFORTUNATE EVENTS), but I consider it to be also ethically specious for studios to knowingly offer exclusive bonus DVDs with single-disc titles that feature material that can't be found on the more extensive 2-disc collector's sets, so what's bad for the goose becomes bad for the gander, I say. As AsmodeusVice indicated, it is a promo piece produced by Laurent Bouzereau (though his time quote was a tad shy--the piece runs 28 minutes) called MUNICH: THE EXPERIENCE; the DVD features no other material, not even a menu, so my dreams of owning MUNICH's trailer has, alas, been dashed (along with those of his last two films, THE TERMINAL and WotW, dammit), but I'm still glad to have it. Though I haven't gone through a detailed comparison and contrast between it and the second disc of the Collector's Edition, it does appear to offer unique footage and interviews, rather than just port over a behind-the-scenes featurette from the C.E., for what it's worth to anyone...
Old 05-13-06, 02:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Thanks for the details... I only get near a Wal-Mart about every couple of months or so, but I'll add this on the list for my next trip.
Old 05-15-06, 05:27 PM
eau
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I guess Walmart wants to charge 5 bucks more for the bundle pack than the regular one, at least the one closest to me does.