DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-3/)
-   -   It's almost time....more Duke movies! (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk/464458-its-almost-time-more-duke-movies.html)

Falc04 05-05-06 12:12 PM

It's almost time....more Duke movies!

Starting on the 23rd of May, there will be three straight weeks of John Wayne movies being released on DVD. First up is Paramount's seven titles:

War Of The Wildcats
Wake Of The Red Witch / Night Riders
New Frontier 1935 / New Frontier 1939
Red River Range / Three Texas Steers

Then, on May 30th we have the box set from Universal.

Seven Sinners
The Shepherd Of The Hills
Pittsburgh
The Conqueror
Jet Pilot

The only one I'm really looking forward to with this set is The Shepherd Of The Hills, seeing as I really don't care for the 2 with Dietrich, and I already have a great edition of The Conqueror, and...of course, Jet Pilot is not being released in it's proper ratio.

And lastly...the cream of the crop, the 10-disc Warner set being released on June 6th!

The Searchers Ultimate Edition
Stagecoach Two-Disc Special Edition
Fort Apache
The Long Voyage Home
The Wings of Eagles
She Wore a Yellow Ribbon
They Were Expendable
3 Godfathers

I already own 3 of these, but it'll still be cheaper purchasing them as a box, instead of individually. I'm really excited with this set for a few reasons:

a) Seeing if Stagecoach has a decent transfer (the one from John Wayne's garage really needed an overhaul)

b) FINALLY being able to see The Wings Of Eagles in a letterbox format

c) Fort Apache...yeah!

d) The much talked about transfer of The Searchers

e) The Long Voyage Home. Not really a John Wayne movie, but certainly a powerhouse of a film!

The end of May / beginning of June will certainly be a fun time for me!

dsa_shea 05-05-06 12:20 PM

I thought form the thread title that we were getting more Dukes of Hazzard movies. Thank God this isn't true. If it would have said "More movies with The Duke" there would have been no confusion. Thanks for posting all of the releases.

joliom 05-05-06 02:11 PM

When is Sony/MGM going to revisit Red River? That one's just crying out for a proper SE.

MovieExchange 05-05-06 04:39 PM

This is excellent news for me. I have several customers that are big John Wayne fans, and they'll be ecstatic that these are coming out. Thanks for the post!

John Hodson 05-05-06 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by Falc04
Starting on the 23rd of May, there will be three straight weeks of John Wayne movies being released on DVD. First up is Paramount's seven titles:

War Of The Wildcats
Wake Of The Red Witch / Night Riders
New Frontier 1935 / New Frontier 1939
Red River Range / Three Texas Steers

The worrying thing is, that none of those titles appear to be available to buy from etailers; DDD had them listed, but has now removed them. Looks like they've been postponed?

Seantn 05-05-06 07:55 PM

I thought form the thread title that we were getting more Dukes of Hazzard movies. Thank God this isn't true. If it would have said "More movies with The Duke" there would have been no confusion. Thanks for posting all of the releases.
You're gonna love this news...Currently casting right now and filming begins in June is a direct to video movie called... "The Dukes of Hazard 2", to follow up on the success of last summers film. New actors are being cast to play the leads, but yes, it is really happening.

Falc04 05-06-06 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by John Hodson
The worrying thing is, that none of those titles appear to be available to buy from etailers; DDD had them listed, but has now removed them. Looks like they've been postponed?

Ugh...looks like your right John. According to dvdaficionado, the release of these 7 films has been delayed.

http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.ht...as+steers&rg=A

Certainly hope it won't take long for these to see the light of day...

lotsofdvds 05-06-06 03:59 PM

Oh, I was hoping the lacrosse team had filmed what really happened at the party that night.

ken_572002 05-06-06 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by lotsofdvds
Oh, I was hoping the lacrosse team had filmed what really happened at the party that night.

:hscratch:

lotsofdvds 05-06-06 06:57 PM

Duke... lacrosse team... big news story... rape... broomsticks... kind of in the forefront of the media lately.

shearerchic 05-07-06 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by Falc04
Seven Sinners
The Shepherd Of The Hills
Pittsburgh
The Conqueror
Jet Pilot

The only one I'm really looking forward to with this set is The Shepherd Of The Hills, seeing as I really don't care for the 2 with Dietrich, and I already have a great edition of The Conqueror, and...of course, Jet Pilot is not being released in it's proper ratio.

The ones with Dietrich are the only ones I want.