DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-3/)
-   -   Is the second batch of Masters of Horror still coming out June 9th? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk/463866-second-batch-masters-horror-still-coming-out-june-9th.html)

dsa_shea 04-30-06 07:02 PM

Are the Masters of Horror still coming out May 9th? Sears ad says yes.

I didn't see any price listings in any of the early price postings for next week, but Amazon still has this listed as being released on the 9th. I figured that either Circuit City or Target would have at least had the price for the either or both. Anyone know anything different about this situation? I really want to see these two episodes and I think that these releases have been very high quality so far. I heard they're working on a box set for R2, but nothing has been said about releasing one for us Region 1ers.

MrStayPuft 04-30-06 09:18 PM

I would like to know as well, and I think you mean May 9th, not June. I hope Speedy hasd the BB ad up Tuesday, hopefully it will be listed there and hopefully they will both have the exclusvie script to screen feature like the previous two. This whole series are my most anticipated releases, and I favor individual releases over a boxset. I love all the extras!

EdTheRipper 04-30-06 09:31 PM

Both are currently available for pre-order on Best Buy's website for $11.99 with a release date of 5/09 listed.

dsa_shea 04-30-06 11:14 PM

I also hope that they continue the Best Buy script to screen exclusive. I'm just hoping that I can snag a copy of each for around 10 bucks just like last time. Spending 12 or more on these is pushing it. Especially since you can now pick these (the first 2 released) up at Wal-Mart for less than 10 each.

dsa_shea 05-07-06 10:21 AM

Just to let people know that these were advertised in this week's Sears ad. I assume that they're still coming out with just minimal hype.

JOE29 05-07-06 01:29 PM

I've been intrested in the first batch of these movies but haven't picked up any of them yet. Which ones do you like of the 1st batch and why, maybe you can direct me to get a few of them.

Cinemaddiction 05-07-06 01:56 PM

"Cigarette Burns" was great, IMO, and the seperate discs are loaded with extras. Directed by John Carpenter, it was the only one with notable talent, i.e. Norman Reedus and Udo Kier, perfectly cast, I might add. This new volume doesn't really interest me though, and I think the only other one I really want to see is Joe Dante's "Homecoming". I'm a big fan of "Piranha".

dsa_shea 05-07-06 02:00 PM

I want to see Imprint. I actually liked the first two releases and I'm looking forward to seeing the rest. The episodes are better than most horror that is churned (spewed for teenies) out these days.

indiephantom 05-07-06 11:10 PM

I've seen them all except "Imprint" which I'll buy on DVD when it hits. The series is very hit or miss but most people agree that Joe Dante's "Homecoming" is a masterpiece (even if it's more political satire than horror). That film has even made a couple of 10 best lists for 2005. It's great. I also strongly recommend "Jenifer" by Dario Argento (written by and starring the very cool Steven Weber). This one's a real horror show and it's curios mix of the erotic and the repulsive. The DVD will include a shot that was censored for Showtime.

Here are the top 5 episodes for me.

1. Homecoming (Joe Dante)
2. Jenifer (Dario Argento)
3. Cigarette Burns (John Carpenter)
4. Incident On and Off a Mountain Road (Don Coscarelli)
5. Chocolate (Mick Garris)

terisma 07-04-06 03:35 PM

very few people i know think homecoming was a masterpiece. they thought it was insultingly stupid. if you are going to have a political message atleast be clever and intelligent about it. his method isn't much better than a raving mad right wing talk show host rant with simplistic demonization and exageration. thats not what i want to see in a horror film, being beat over the head with a lame political message. it serves no point besides to be masturbation material for more simple minded liberals. its as convincing as ranting abortion protesters screaming at women going into the clinic telling them they are going to hell etc.

Richard Malloy 07-04-06 03:48 PM

So.... Imprint is coming out when???

(Interesting to see that Showtime apparently censored a shot out of Argento's film. Not as bad as censoring Miike's entire film, certainly.)

Doeman 07-04-06 04:25 PM

Homecoming has a release date of 7/11/06 however my local Walmart had it out today for the usual $9.64 Just be careful, the outer slipcover is NOT the same as the previous Masters Of Horror, you have to look at the spine to see the MOH logo and a very small logo on front, but I had no idea this was a MOH edition until I looked close.

clappj 07-04-06 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by Richard Malloy
So.... Imprint is coming out when???

(Interesting to see that Showtime apparently censored a shot out of Argento's film. Not as bad as censoring Miike's entire film, certainly.)

I've looked, but don't see a release date for Imprint yet.

dsa_shea 07-04-06 04:40 PM

I picked up homecoming today at my local Walmart.

EdTheRipper 07-04-06 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by clappj
I've looked, but don't see a release date for Imprint yet.

From DavisDVD...
Next up is arguably the most eagerly awaited entry, director Takashi Miike's Imprint. Available only on DVD, the infamously banned episode arrives on September 26th with a 1.78:1 anamorphic transfer, Dolby Digital 5.1, behind-the-scenes footage and featurettes, a still gallery, trailers and DVD-ROM material. Retail is $16.98 each.

dsa_shea 07-04-06 09:50 PM

There are two coming out in the middle of August.

EdTheRipper 07-04-06 10:34 PM

Originally Posted by dsa_shea
There are two coming out in the middle of August.

August 15th...
Dario Argento's Jenifer and David McNaughton's Haeckel's Tale.

cverneau 07-05-06 05:47 AM

Has anyone gotten the PAL all region disc of Miike's "Imprint"??
Diabolik has it for $26 and it also has the episode "Pick Me Up".

Satyricon553 07-05-06 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by dsa_shea
I picked up homecoming today at my local Walmart.

The cover art is different. I can tolerate a cover art change, but what upsets me the most is that they changed the spine to read the name of the episode instead of the name of the director.

Anyone planning on making a replacement cover?

Leechboy 07-18-06 11:46 PM

Looks like the packaging change for Homecoming will be the new design for the rest of the series.

http://www.anchorbayentertainment.co...461&PriCatID=3

Mondo Kane 07-19-06 12:28 AM

Originally Posted by Leechboy
Looks like the packaging change for Homecoming will be the new design for the rest of the series.

http://www.anchorbayentertainment.co...461&PriCatID=3

Crap. Oh well.

But at least this saves us from looking at Argento's fugly mug on the cover!

ShinMusashi44 07-19-06 12:48 AM

The new covers look so bad. I've put in preorders for all of them till i saw the cover changes. God i hate the new design. You can't even tell they are Masters of Horror now.

Peep 07-19-06 01:28 AM

Originally Posted by ShinMusashi44
You can't even tell they are Masters of Horror now.

Exactly the point. People who held off buying these, thinking "lame TV horror anthology" might get tricked into thinking "cool new DVD release of a real movie by one of the masters!"

Fuckers.

A-aron 10-22-06 08:37 PM

Just a FYI - Best Buy has Imprint, Jenifer, Incident on a Mountain Road, and Cigarette Burns for $6.99 each this week.

But -- why did they change the cover art? Now, instead of the logo and the director name, we have a smaller logo and the movie title. Sucks.

BSTNFAN 10-23-06 01:09 PM

Did Best Buy stop doing the exclusive Script to Screen featurettes? I can't seem to find them anymore.