Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Final Destination 3 -- July 25th [merged w/ comic/ticket poll]

Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases
View Poll Results: Which FD3 freebie do you think is a better deal?
Comic
32.56%
Ticket
67.44%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Final Destination 3 -- July 25th [merged w/ comic/ticket poll]

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-06, 11:15 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Final Destination 3 -- July 25th

Artwork is here: http://www.bloody-disgusting.com//uploads/fd3040406.jpg

I didn't realize New Line had started to give their dvd's "Edition" names. This is the "2 Disc Thrill Ride Edition". Could be worse, I guess. It's being released in seperate Widescreen and Fullscreen versions.

Full Specs:

• “Choose-Their-Fate” Interactive feature (Disc 1)
• Feature commentary by director and co-writer James Wong, co-writer Glen Morgan and director of photography Robert Mclachlan (Disc 1)
• “It’s All Around You” animated short: a look at death statistics (Disc 2)
• “Dead Teenager Movie” featurette: a look at the teen horror genre (Disc 2)
• “Kill Shot: The Making of Final Destination 3" documentary (Disc 2)
• “Planned Accidents” featurette (Disc 2)
• “Police Station” deleted scene (Disc 2)
• Theatrical trailer (Disc 2)
• 16x9 widescreen (2.35:1) version of the film
• Dolby Digital 5.1 EX, DTS 6.1 ES and Stereo Surround 2.0
• English subtitles and closed captions
• Spanish subtitles
Old 04-04-06, 11:17 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Ugh...just go here for the artwork. I didn't realize it was hotlinking if I just posted a link to the image, I didn't want to post the actual image here without their permission. Oh well.

http://bloody-disgusting.com/index.p...plate=newsfull
Old 04-04-06, 11:55 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
That sounds good, but I'm starting to miss cast commentaries. It's like you don't see them nearly as much anymore for new movies.

And why does New Line take so long with their releases? Most movies nowadays come out 3-4 months.
Old 04-04-06, 12:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Yeah, I'm spoiled with these 3-month theater to DVD windows . Anyway looking forward to this
Old 04-04-06, 03:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I bought the scared 2 death pack because I enjoy the first two movies and because it included a free ticket for FD3.

But FD3 was pretty lousy, IMO.
Old 04-04-06, 04:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I thought 3 was pretty good. They get dummer as the series goes on, but I like 'em.
Old 04-04-06, 05:55 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Now you can get the Thirllolgy!

http://www.dvdactive.com/news/releas...ination-3.html

OoOoOoO!
Old 04-04-06, 06:07 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts
Thrill Ride Edition? Come on New Line, you can do better then that.
Old 04-04-06, 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by Dean Kousoulas
Thrill Ride Edition? Come on New Line, you can do better then that.
Cheesy subtitle for a cheesy movie.
Old 04-04-06, 08:39 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

59.99 for the 3-pack is pretty steep isn't it?
Old 04-04-06, 08:48 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Yes, considering you could buy the 2 pack for 14.99 when it was first released...
Old 04-05-06, 03:30 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Im just wondering... but does "Final Destination 3" honestly need a 2-disc release?
Old 04-05-06, 04:50 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I wonder what movies will be included in the Thrill-ogy since the box says it includes three terrifying films?
Old 04-05-06, 08:30 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I thought FD3 was some goofy, gory fun. I'm glad they're giving this the 2 disc treatment, but why the lame edition name, not to mention the worst cover yet for the series...Usually I like when they use poster art, but I was hoping they'd come up with something more inline with the FD1 & FD2 designs...Still picking it up anyhow.

MATT
Old 04-05-06, 09:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by critterdvd
Im just wondering... but does "Final Destination 3" honestly need a 2-disc release?
Yes. Yes it does goddamnit.
Old 04-05-06, 08:36 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by AnonomusBob15
59.99 for the 3-pack is pretty steep isn't it?
MSRP is almost always steep compared to shelf price, especially with release week discounts. I expect the Thrill-Ogy will be about $30 initially, and then rise to $35 - $40 following release week.

Have great love for boxed sets, but already own the Scared 2 Death Pack, as well as each film separately, so not sure if I want three copies of two films just to have this one. I'll decide closer to release day.

--THX
Old 04-05-06, 09:05 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Even though I'm a big fan of the series, I thought the third was the worst of the bunch. However, I just read a news item on Joblo.com that has me highly anticipating the DVD release. Here's all the important info from the link:

New Line has decided to take the "Choose Your Own Adventure" gimmick to DVD with the upcoming release of FINAL DESTINATION 3. Like the books, the DVD will give you choices at various points throughout the movie where you can opt to have Wendy "take another look" or "soap up the cheerleading squad in a hot, steamy shower." Whether that last choice makes the cut or is just my disturbing imagination remains to be seen. The seven choices of action will be presented in 10-minute intervals allowing viewers to see a distinctly different movie than the theatrical cut. The script was written by James Wong, who filmed the scenes as he directed the pic last year. The extra footage cost New Line approximately $1 million to shoot. The DVD, subtitled THRILL RIDE, will hit stores on July 25.

http://www.joblo.com/index.php?id=10885
Old 04-05-06, 11:55 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I know what one of the choices will be. It shows it on the preview disc of Final Destination 3 with the Scared 2 Death pack.
Spoiler:
It shows Ryan Merriman pulling that guy out of his car at the drive through, and they both survive. In the original film, he doesn't get pulled out of his car, and his head gets all grinded up by a blade.
Old 04-05-06, 11:56 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

and I must say, that's actually a pretty cool special feature.
Old 04-06-06, 12:57 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Can't wait. Already want it but with that kick-ass feature,I want it even more.
Old 04-06-06, 08:42 AM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Ghostface180
Even though I'm a big fan of the series, I thought the third was the worst of the bunch. [/url]

ya think? I thought the second was the worst...
Old 04-06-06, 10:25 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Giles
ya think? I thought the second was the worst...
Now I thought the second was the best (action/ creative kill style wise).

Hopefully they re-edit the roller coaster scene. That was so weak as far as the big opening death sequences go.
Old 04-06-06, 10:46 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

That feature sounds great. I'll be picking this up.
Old 06-02-06, 08:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I copied this from Wikipedia. Here is all of the information regarding the "Choose Their Fate" feature the first disc contains. Caution: spoilers abound below.

Spoiler:
The DVD version contains a special feature called "Choose their Fate" that at certain moments in the film allows the viewer to make a decision that could affect the fate of the characters.

Using this feature, alternate sequences are edited into the film, affecting a number of death scenes:

Jason and Carrie: When Kevin flips the coin to determine who sits with Wendy, viewers can choose either Heads or Tails. The Change: After choosing tails, the movie plays out as it did theatrically, only Wendy’s vision ends with her still in line instead of when she is already sitting on the coaster. She convinces her friends to leave, saving Jason and Carrie. The four of them witness the coaster crash, but then the film ends after about 20 minutes with text information about what would have happened to the characters. Surprisingly, even though they escaped death’s design, death apparently doesn’t target them in the alternate version.

Ashley and Ashlyn: At the tanning salon, viewers can choose whether the room temperature is set to 73 or 76 degrees. The Change: A setting of 76 degrees apparently gives Ashlyn enough time later to escape her booth before the board could trap both girls. Ashlyn is able to open Ashley’s booth, but in reaching to pull her friend to safety they are both electrocuted by the malfunctioning booth.

Frankie Cheeks: At the drive-thru window, viewers who make Wendy honk again will unlock a scene in which Frankie turns around, allowing Kevin and Wendy to see him before the truck hits. When they escape, they pull Frankie to safety as well. The Change: This causes a few alterations to the remaining film. Upon seeing the picture of Frankie next to the fan, Kevin and Wendy refer to what could have happened to Frankie had they not saved him. Later, when leaving the police station, Kevin walks by a police car that pulls up, and Frankie is dragged out of the car under arrest. Viewers are then asked if saving Frankie was worth it, unlocking hidden footage of police evidence that consists of Frankie’s home movies, including what he filmed at the amusement park.

Lewis: Before visiting Lewis in the weight room, viewers can give Wendy another chance to look at the pictures. The Change: Instead of the next scene beginning in the weight room with Wendy and Kevin trying to convince Lewis of his impending doom, it features Wendy and Kevin walking across the track stadium to the weight room talking about how they will convince Lewis of the danger. As soon as they walk into the weight room, Lewis sees them, asks why they are there, and his head is immediately crushed by the weights. This is actually the alternate scene of Lewis’
death, as was originally scripted.

Erin: Before Ian shoots the birds, viewers are given the option of a kill shot or warning shot. A kill shot returns to the theatrical version of the movie, while a warning shot changes things up. The Change: Having failed to kill the birds, Ian mutters menacingly that they cannot escape. The film progresses as it does in the theatrical version up until after Ian is rescued from the falling debris. Instead of a steak popping the sawdust bag, Erin is startled by the pigeons, which are still alive, and falls back into the nail gun.

Ian: After Ian stalks Wendy to the fair and the cherry picker is about to crush him, viewers can make him jump to the left or to the right. Jumping to the left leads to the theatrical version. The Change: Jumping to the right makes Ian completely crushed by the cherry picker, and half his body is not thrown to the side as it is in the theatrical version. This unlocks the alternate ending in which Wendy crushes the camera.

Kimberley Corman and Officer Burke (From FD2): The fates of these two characters from Final Destination 2 are revealed when the camera pans a newspaper in the subway station. In “Choose Their Fate” mode, viewers are given the option of reading the full article about what happened to them.

Wendy: In the final subway scene, Wendy examines a route map. Viewers are asked if she should continue to examine the map. The Change: After examining the map further, Wendy sees how it says “End of the line,” then gets the strange feeling and sees Kevin and Julie, as she does in the theatrical version. The train crashes, and Wendy finds herself on the tracks about to be run over by another train. Instead of this being a vision, Wendy is hit by the train, and the credits roll.

Sounds like fun!
Old 07-20-06, 12:34 PM
Banned

The first "Choose Their Fate" was pretty lame, IMO, as is the text, going on about
Spoiler:
restraining orders, taking up religion, being a psychic medium. It didn't fit the tone of the movie at all.
The rest were decent, but I prefer the theatrical version.

One thing I did notice is that there was a 2 second sound drop on the DTS-ES track, about 1:15 in, when Ian is at the celebration, mentioning that "death skipped me. I can't die!", and
Spoiler:
the cherry picker drops on him, crushing him into bits
. I played it again, same result, however the drop isn't there on the DD 5.1 track.

Pretty cool movie overall. I'm a fan of the franchise, never expected anything logical, as I appreciate the intricacy and originality of the deaths. But the window pane from FD 2..? Give me a break.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.