DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-3/)
-   -   The Simpsons Season 8??? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk/459911-simpsons-season-8-a.html)

grim_tales 03-23-06 10:39 AM

The Simpsons Season 8???

Has there been any news on a release yet? I've decided I'll probably stop once I've bought Seasons 8 or 9 (though I havent bought S6 yet! ;) )
Keeping with the pattern I guess there will be a "Head" package for S8 as well as a regular package.

Dai 03-23-06 10:54 AM

I'm waiting for the news as well...

BTW, wasn't the Homer Head a "limited edition" over in the UK??

SoSpacey 03-23-06 11:09 AM

Ever think of putting a ? in your title? I thought you had news on it. Senior member. tsk tsk.

marcellusk 03-23-06 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by SoSpacey
Ever think of putting a ? in your title? I thought you had news on it. Senior member. tsk tsk.

i second that. I got excited for a second

JANK 03-23-06 11:38 AM

So someone demote the newbie to my status - I've been here since 2000. What's he got?

basaro 03-23-06 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by SoSpacey

ditto :question:

Cameron 03-23-06 12:33 PM

dirty pool...

Seantn 03-23-06 12:33 PM

Ok, I think he gets the point.

Nesbit 03-23-06 01:26 PM

I went out to the store looking for this today based on the thread title. When I got there the sales person laughed and mocked me. Thanks a lot grim tales!

marcellusk 03-23-06 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by Mrs.Nesbit
I went out to the store looking for this today based on the thread title. When I got there the sales person laughed and mocked me. Thanks a lot grim tales!

rotfl

bunkaroo 03-23-06 03:41 PM

It's gotta be a June release. We should see an announcement soon hopefully. S6 and S7 seemed to be accelerating the schedule.

Season 8 has tons of my all time favorite episodes-I cannot wait to own their uncut versions. Hank Scorpio, Rex Banner, gay steel mills......gold!

Me007gold 03-23-06 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by bunkaroo
It's gotta be a June release. We should see an announcement soon hopefully. S6 and S7 seemed to be accelerating the schedule.

Season 8 has tons of my all time favorite episodes-I cannot wait to own their uncut versions. Hank Scorpio, Rex Banner, gay steel mills......gold!

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh The Denver Broncos!

Simpson Purist 03-23-06 04:26 PM

IMO season 8 was the last season that was consistently good from start to finish.

If the rumors hold true, it's gonna be a Lisa-head box.

The Antipodean 03-23-06 04:34 PM

Dammit. I thought this was an announcement... Well, it'll be here before the end of the year, that's for sure. I think it's the last one I'm getting, there's good stuff after that but the first 8 seasons are the peak.

nodeerforamonth 03-23-06 04:52 PM

Thought it an announcement too. Some one PUH-LEEZE put a question mark on that subject line!

Season 8 is my absolute favorite. Thanks for getting my hopes up...

grim_tales 03-24-06 03:51 AM

Gah... very sorry I didnt put a "?" in the title. My bad :)
Yeah, the Homer Head was a limited edition in the UK, but I've heard/read the UK transfers of S6 are crap (the NTSC tapes are converted wrongly maybe?)
Does S8 have the X-Files episode with Mulder and Scully?

mzupeman2 03-28-06 05:44 AM

My guess is May-June.

jaschiero 03-28-06 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by Simpson Purist
IMO season 8 was the last season that was consistently good from start to finish.

If the rumors hold true, it's gonna be a Lisa-head box.

I guess they're doing the Simpson family members. I'd like a Groundskeeper Willy, Comic Book Guy, and Moe head set. Heck, with a contract for seasons 18 and 19, maybe we'll see a Ralph Wiggum head set.

grim_tales 03-29-06 02:33 AM

Its not up for pre order anywhere yet.

ThatGuamGuy 03-29-06 07:30 PM

I'm going to make a guess here, and I expect it will be an unpopular one.

My theory is, Fox asked if they could have the season sets come out close to Christmas, so they sped up the release of Season Seven to six months, because the alternative would be 18 months between Six and Seven ... so now they'll go back to one a year, and Eight will come in Nov/Dec.

Hope I'm wrong. Sooner 8 comes out, sooner 7 will be on sale.

GregS 03-29-06 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by ThatGuamGuy
I'm going to make a guess here, and I expect it will be an unpopular one.

My theory is, Fox asked if they could have the season sets come out close to Christmas, so they sped up the release of Season Seven to six months, because the alternative would be 18 months between Six and Seven ... so now they'll go back to one a year, and Eight will come in Nov/Dec.

Hope I'm wrong. Sooner 8 comes out, sooner 7 will be on sale.

hmmm...seasons 4&5 both came out in 04, so im thinking theyll keeping going with 2 a year

SexualPudding 03-29-06 11:29 PM

I doubt that. I don't think we are going to see season sets of shows not filmed in HD on either bluray or HD-DVD for a long time. I don't see the studios putting two versions of the same exact thing on different formats, especially since the new players will both be able to play the standard DVD's, and there is no way they will discontinue making sets on standard DVD for at least the next 3-5 years. They would be alienating way too many paying customers, even though it would be nice to have a season set of something like the Simpsons where the whole season was on 1 or 2 discs.