Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

V For Vendetta DVD! (8/1/06 - merged)

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-06, 06:40 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
My Target has PLENTY of the lenticular cover two-discs today (Wed.). I know there was a fair amount of the boxes at my Best Buy, as well.
Old 08-02-06, 06:46 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dont believe the employees...

Originally Posted by animefan
Is the Best Buy set Limited?

My Best Buy store had 1 box left, but it was little damaged (if I'm going to pay that much, I wanted a perfect condition set)
When I asked the employee, they said they were expecting couple of more sets to arrive in few days - that's why I didnt' pick it up, but now I' not so sure I can really trust them - even though I asked 2 employees to be sure.
Old 08-02-06, 06:52 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by jake_spade
dont believe the employees...
Ever.
Old 08-02-06, 08:24 PM

bump

I looked but could not find anything..
Is the 1st disc of the SE the same as the single disc??
if not what??

thankz
Old 08-02-06, 08:42 PM
Banned

Location: Right now, my location is DVDTalk, but then again, you should already know that, shouldn't you?
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ds6161
Is the 1st disc of the SE the same as the single disc??
Yes, precisely the same.
Old 08-02-06, 11:34 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I just noticed that the trailer on disc 2 is not the same one on the 'Kiss Kiss Bang Bang' DVD....
Old 08-03-06, 08:42 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

It seems it all depends on where you go. I know not everyone has the luxury of having more then one best buy around, but some places sell out in 6 hours and others can't get rid of them fast enough.

I went to my local best buy (on tuesday) and found only 2 gift sets, both with various dents and scratches. I bought the lesser of the two, figuring it was my only shot of having it and tried to suppress my anal retentiveness for the moment.

I then tried my luck at another best buy in a mall (wednesday), They had a boatload. Of course many had minor scuffs, dents and scratches but I found one to my liking and as close to near mint as you can get in a place like best buy that tend to handle dvd gift sets like there nerf football's, both employee & customers.

Also at the mall, I went by target and picked up the lenticular cover vendetta. They too had quite a few. Also got the flimsy final destination 3 lenticular.
Old 08-03-06, 07:57 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I finally made it to Best Buy today to try and see the mask in person. I was dissapointed, it's very small and looks paper thin, kinda like a kid's halloween mask. Best Buy had a ton of them still on Thursday, I don't think they had sold many.

I stopped by Target and they had 4 copies with the lenticular cover, and only one that wasn't damaged in some way, so I bought it.
Old 08-03-06, 10:16 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

I got mine at FutureShop and it came with a SteelBook case... here's a pic from an ebay seller (not mine, but i couldn't find a picture elsewhere):

Old 08-03-06, 10:34 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Hey guys, does anyone know if I can still get a steelbook at Future Shop (if they have any left) or if it was just a one day deal?
Old 08-03-06, 10:37 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Sorry to hear the most were Damaged. Here is a related incident when I visited bestbuy

When I went at Bestbuy today to check, I saw a Hispanic kid denting and ruining the remaining 6 boxsets.. I suspect the Dad has something to do with it as he was smiling at the kids back carrying a V boxset of his own while looking at his kid doing the dirty works.

Originally Posted by The Void
I stopped by Target and they had 4 copies with the lenticular cover, and only one that wasn't damaged in some way, so I bought it.
Old 08-03-06, 10:41 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Originally Posted by Tarantinoholic
Hey guys, does anyone know if I can still get a steelbook at Future Shop (if they have any left) or if it was just a one day deal?
Even if the ad says one day only, they'll give them out until they run out of them. Mine had a stack left an hour before closing on Tuesday, you're best bet is to go down and see, or call ahead.
Old 08-03-06, 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by xage

When I went at Bestbuy today to check, I saw a Hispanic kid denting and ruining the remaining 6 boxsets.. I suspect the Dad has something to do with it as he was smiling at the kids back carrying a V boxset of his own while looking at his kid doing the dirty works.
Jesus, that's just disturbing! I'd punch a kid square in the jaw if I saw him doing that.

or maybe just tell an employee.
Old 08-03-06, 11:36 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Sorry to hear the most were Damaged. Here is a related incident when I visited bestbuy

When I went at Bestbuy today to check, I saw a kid denting and ruining the remaining 6 boxsets.. I suspect the Dad has something to do with it as he was smiling at the kids back carrying a V boxset of his own while looking at his kid doing the dirty works.
Hey what difference does the kids race have to do with it. All you had to say was some kid, not point out the kids race. No matter who did it, it was wrong.

Last edited by Big Worms; 08-03-06 at 11:40 PM.
Old 08-04-06, 05:24 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Dude, that is so wrong in so many ways! Some people should not be reproducing... but then, most of those people don't know any better to know better! Look how they raise children-- and for what? To knock six out of who knows how many V for Vendetta Best Buy limited edition sets off the market, so their's might become more valuable?! Idiotic. What a malicious asshole (by the way, I'm part hispanic, so behavior goes both ways, no matter your ethnic backround. Maybe it has more to do with up-bringing and intelligence-- both emotional and intellectual).

Now that I have ranted... anyone know the numbers of these limited editions? I still didn't get an answer from my original post regarding that. Maybe no one knows...?
Old 08-04-06, 08:09 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by DJ_Longfellow
I cannot believe the prices are $45+ for just the mask on EBAY. Although, it appears those auctions are ending soon. I may pick it up just to sell. Sold Out online though...
If anyone cares. It's back in stock online at bestbuy.com
Old 08-04-06, 08:10 AM
Banned

Location: Right now, my location is DVDTalk, but then again, you should already know that, shouldn't you?
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Big Worms
Hey what difference does the kids race have to do with it. All you had to say was some kid, not point out the kids race. No matter who did it, it was wrong.
I agree completely, but to be fair, some people process information visually, so xage might have mentioned the kid's race for no other reason than to help his audience "paint" a more detailed/accurate picture of the story in their minds. I've noticed this is the case oftentimes when I explore the issue of why someone has mentioned race when it has no real bearing on the discussion...
Old 08-04-06, 09:25 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

How insane is this? ... http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1

I've been tracking the Vendetta Best Buy exclusive sets on eBay just to see what was happening. This guy definately had his timing down. As soon as Best Buy sold out online and the fact that they don't ship internationally, I was interested to see what if any effect there would be on the aftermarket. So, I'm not surprised at the winning price due to sheer timing. There weren't many other BB exclusive sets on eBay to compete with this guy at the time and the ones that were weren't for international shipping. Looks like people caught wind of this and last night about 15+ of these sets were added onto eBay .. all mostly with international shipping. I got a good laugh. But I was kind of bummed as well, as I have two extra sets I was hoping to sell at least to make up for the cost for the one that I will keep. Oh well. At least the prices have normalized for the buyers ...
Old 08-04-06, 09:53 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Sweet mother of ... who woulda' known the little mask would be such a big deal. You know, I can almost guarantee that around Halloween, they'll have much nicer quality V masks for - well, less than ~$40 to say the least.
Old 08-04-06, 10:03 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by gryffinmaster
Sweet mother of ... who woulda' known the little mask would be such a big deal. You know, I can almost guarantee that around Halloween, they'll have much nicer quality V masks for - well, less than ~$40 to say the least.
It's not the mask that's important. It's that the DVD comes packaged with something extra that people care about. Like many gift sets, the extra item isn't meant to be used for anything; it's just supposed to look cool on a shelf.
Old 08-04-06, 10:08 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Originally Posted by Drexl
It's not the mask that's important. It's that the DVD comes packaged with something extra that people care about. Like many gift sets, the extra item isn't meant to be used for anything; it's just supposed to look cool on a shelf.
Oh, I know ... and $45 isn't "terrible" if it's sold out at Bestbuy.com online for the set w/ the posters and slipcovered DVD. I was referring to this post from earlier ...
Originally Posted by DJ_Longfellow
I cannot believe the prices are $45+ for just the mask on EBAY. Although, it appears those auctions are ending soon. I may pick it up just to sell. Sold Out online though...
Old 08-04-06, 10:53 AM
Banned

I need to be careful posting "race" so it may not turn an issue.

I got the same issue at a nearby Target (not Bestbuy) and whats bad was its the only Target in our area that carries the lenticular edition last Tuesday evening. There were three teenagers who fools around and removed the slipcases for no reason. One of them made major damage at the slipcover before hiding it at another section (I guess it was placed around the neabry magazine section) while the other switched the slipcase with some other DVD and third guy was trying to peel off the lenticular layer of the slipcover.

Whats with that? I consume gas to get into a store and get what I dearly wanted and to see that others fool around with it?

Originally Posted by Big Worms
Poor kid trained to grow up like his dad..

Last edited by jake_spade; 08-04-06 at 10:57 AM.
Old 08-04-06, 10:57 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Okay, so you all are a little disappointed with the Best Buy mask. Personally, I couldnīt care less about that silly mask.

Anyhow, for true V4V fans this is a must.

...only USD 940.00

Ebay (Sweden)
Old 08-04-06, 10:59 AM
Banned

You know that has always been a problem with the collectible market, I notice that alot with collectible action figures, people can't afford them and they damage them so others will suffer. I notice alot of slipcases damaged at Best Buy recently, especially with the Napoleon Dynamite 3-d cover set.
With gas prices so damn high I feel bad for people who go to their local stores and find this crap like this. I have a Target about 15 miles away and I am scared to go and see what they have...
Old 08-04-06, 11:22 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 445 Likes on 312 Posts
This reminds of something I saw about 10 years ago - I just happened to be browsing at a ToysRUs when they unpacked some new Star Wars figures. Some fat sweaty Caucasian guy cherry-picks through them, grabbing about 10 figures, and then proceeds to crush the backing carboards of the remaining figures.

I wasn't interested in the figures, but I shot the guy a real dirty-look as he waddled off to the cashier.

I took solace in the fact that the guy leads a hollow, meaningless life.

Last edited by slop101; 08-04-06 at 11:25 AM.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.