DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-3/)
-   -   Hollow Man 2-------May 23 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk/458799-hollow-man-2-may-23-a.html)

Eric D. 03-13-06 04:41 AM

Hollow Man 2-------May 23

Yes, you read it right. Hollow Man 2 is coming!
All I want to know is what kind of bet did Christian Slater lose to deserve this?

From DVDActive.com

Sony Pictures Home Entertainment has today announced Hollow Man 2 which stars the likes of Christian Slater, Peter Facinelli and Laura Regan. The film tells the story of a Seattle detective and a biologist, who go on the run from a dangerous invisible assassin gone rogue, as well as the government forces that created him. The disc will be available to own from the 23rd May, and should retail at around $24.96. As well as an anamorphic widescreen transfer and English Dolby Digital 5.1 track, the disc will include deleted scenes, and visual effects featurettes.

http://www.dvdactive.com/images/news...n2r1artpic.jpg

jdslater1 03-13-06 04:56 AM

Looks like a winner!

EdTheRipper 03-13-06 07:07 AM

I'll rent it.

ShagMan 03-13-06 07:10 AM

No Elizabeth Shue, No Sale!!!!

Man, Christian Slater must have really hit the rock hard bottom...

Dan1boy 03-13-06 10:37 AM

phooey !!

speedy1961 03-13-06 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by ShagMan

Man, Christian Slater must have really hit the rock hard bottom...

At least he's working. It's better to be working than being Mr. Grab Ass for the local street sluts.

Snowmaker 03-13-06 11:15 AM

No rape scene / boob fondling, no sale! :lol:

GIjon213 03-13-06 11:17 AM

This has to be DTV, but I would think with an established name they would have at least tried to get it in the theater. Oh well, will wait for reviews to determine if it will be bought or not.

matome 03-13-06 11:18 AM

I'll probably get this :lol:

dvd_luver 03-13-06 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by speedy1961
At least he's working. It's better to be working than being Mr. Grab Ass for the local street sluts.

And he made a movie once called Kuffs. Haha.

Never even saw Hollow Man 1, I think I would enjoy a movie more with Christian Slater with him going to all the strip clubs in NYC, like a documentary or something.

Joe Molotov 03-13-06 11:44 AM

People are suprised Christian Slater is starring in stuff like this? :lol:

Geofferson 03-13-06 12:27 PM

Is this a step up or down from doing Uwe Boll movies? :p

Groucho 03-13-06 12:39 PM

Hollow Man 2: Hollow Harder

The Bus 03-13-06 12:42 PM

I must be the only one in the world that actually liked Hollow Man.

Did I like it enough to actually buy it? No. But it was enjoyable to watch. Better than Underworld.

canaryfarmer 03-13-06 12:42 PM

I dunno, I have a hard time seeing myself bothering with this.

freudguy 03-13-06 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by The Bus

Did I like it enough to actually buy it? No. But it was enjoyable to watch. Better than Underworld.

Nah, I liked it. This flick, though, has 40:1 odds of being decent. Who the hell would have greenlit a sequel to a movie that got universally bad reviews and bad box office? Hell, where's Wing Commander 2?

SuckaMC 03-13-06 02:09 PM

actually, the original synopsis I read went along the lines of: An invisible test subject goes mad(ala Bacon in the first) so they send a soldier after him, by making him invisible.
And according to the way they explain invisibilty in the first one, it makes sense and sounds pretty interesting. At least to me.
I'll definatley check this out. The cover art is pretty cool too: tswo invislbe guys fighting in the rain/fire sprinkler.
I really liked the first one as well.

Vipper II 03-13-06 02:15 PM

I liked it when I saw it in the theaters, but since then I've realized the faults with it, of which there were many. The premise was so cool, and they really could have taken it somewhere. But no, Verhoeven had to turn it into his usual violence laden, gratuitous nudity containing, profanity laced action-fest, where you wanted all of the characters to die.

The Antipodean 03-13-06 02:34 PM

I dunno, it says "the likes of Christian Slater." Bet it's his long-lost brother Morty Slater or something.

BravesMG 03-13-06 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by ShagMan

Truer words have never been spoken, the movie is secondary to the scenery with her.

cajun_junky 03-13-06 03:13 PM

Nope, I liked it also. Yes it could have been better but it was enjoyable. Is it in my collection...not yet but if it gets cheap enough it might.

JSwarce 03-13-06 04:40 PM

Verhoeven had to turn it into his usual violence laden, gratuitous nudity containing, profanity laced action-fest
I'm sorry, is there something wrong with this? :)

I've got the first one, so being a completist, I will probably get the second. The cover looks cool...better than a lot out there!

John

Eric D. 03-13-06 05:32 PM

I enjoyed the first film as well, it had amazing special effects. I actually tend to like most of Verhoeven's films with the exception of Showgirls. That one is just bad...Uwe Boll bad.

TheNightFlier 03-13-06 06:29 PM

BloodRayne and Hollow Man 2 on May 23rd??? Christmas is coming early!!!

;)