A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET: Infinifilm Edition -9/26/06

Old 09-26-06, 11:10 AM
Suspended

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Could someone post pics of the slip case packaging? Thanks
Old 09-26-06, 11:28 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Picked up the set. Coupon worked no problem. They scanned it and the $2.00 option popped up. $15.99

Last edited by Mr. Cinema; 09-26-06 at 11:31 AM.
Old 09-26-06, 11:42 AM
Suspended

Thanks for the pics.
Old 09-26-06, 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by The Monkees
I only hope this can be used while it's on sale for $17.99
It worked for me. $15.99!
Old 09-26-06, 04:52 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Nice job, Mr Cinema.
Old 09-26-06, 04:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by jdslater1
Nice job, Mr Cinema.
Those stickers really add quality to the cover. Time to get the goo gone...
Old 09-26-06, 05:49 PM
Cool New Member

I'm from Canada and when i looked at the specs on the back of the Canadian version there was no mention of the DTS ES track so i didn't buy it. Is there any Canadians out there that know whether the DTS track is on the Canadian version? If it doesn't have the track then i will order one from the states.
Old 09-26-06, 07:52 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 210 Likes on 183 Posts
Originally Posted by Tenacious D
It worked for me. $15.99!
Same Here.

Thanks Bro [juanmgonzalez] for bringing me a print out of the coupon to BB at opening time.
Old 09-26-06, 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by rgray_69
I'm from Canada and when i looked at the specs on the back of the Canadian version there was no mention of the DTS ES track so i didn't buy it. Is there any Canadians out there that know whether the DTS track is on the Canadian version? If it doesn't have the track then i will order one from the states.
I couldnt find it anywhere in town today... I was worried it didn't make it to Canada this week
Old 09-26-06, 10:37 PM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

My friend and I each bought it at Best Buy in Toronto, and then got in line for Robert Englund's autograph signing. It ended up that we didn't get let in, because Robert Englund didn't have time for more autographs (I wonder why he quit signing ten minutes early then?) A lady in front of us who purchased FOUR (yes, four) DVDs to get signed was the last one to be allowed in, because she whined about how she had purchased four DVDs. What a greedy bitch. I bet they'll pop up on Ebay soon.

After waiting for about an hour and forty-five minutes, and having spent $20 in transportation to get there, we found out that he had quit signing. The Best Buy worker that was watching the line knew 20 minutes before we found out, and he kept it to himself because he didn't want to piss anyone off. The guy's a dousche, because we all would've liked to have been told earlier, so that we didn't waste anymore of our time.

To fuck with Best Buy!
Old 09-26-06, 10:58 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Wick
My friend and I each bought it at Best Buy in Toronto, and then got in line for Robert Englund's autograph signing. It ended up that we didn't get let in, because Robert Englund didn't have time for more autographs (I wonder why he quit signing ten minutes early then?) A lady in front of us who purchased FOUR (yes, four) DVDs to get signed was the last one to be allowed in, because she whined about how she had purchased four DVDs. What a greedy bitch. I bet they'll pop up on Ebay soon.

After waiting for about an hour and forty-five minutes, and having spent $20 in transportation to get there, we found out that he had quit signing. The Best Buy worker that was watching the line knew 20 minutes before we found out, and he kept it to himself because he didn't want to piss anyone off. The guy's a dousche, because we all would've liked to have been told earlier, so that we didn't waste anymore of our time.

To fuck with Best Buy!

So does it have the DTS-ES track?
Old 09-26-06, 11:06 PM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

Originally Posted by Squirrel God
So does it have the DTS-ES track?
I don't know. I never pay attention to stuff like that. It doesn't really bother me if it has it or not.
Old 09-27-06, 01:14 AM

Just got home from work and althought the back doesn't list DTS (on the Canadian version) I opened it anyway, because there have been times where although not advertised on the Canadian packaging, it has been there (most recently was The Proposition), but alas, no such luck. I can confirm that the Canadian version of Nightmare On Elm Street is without the DTS track.
Old 09-27-06, 03:09 AM

I saw this in the theaters last week and noticed a couple of strange audio omissions and additions on the soundtrack. I haven't watched this film in a couple of years, but it was a staple for much of my childhood and I pretty much know it like I know the back of my eyelids. I noticed them immediately and wondered if the new DVD would have this new and different mix, which includes some pumped up thunder fx which are actually pretty nice.

It does.

It isn't really a huge deal, but for what it's worth, there are at least 5 scenes (edit: found another) on this new DVD where aural cues, or sound fx are missing.

1. The tearing sound of Tina ripping Freddy's face off is missing.

2. When Rod jumps out of the bushes and grabs Nancy, the sound effect is gone.

3. When Freddy opens the door to Rod's holding cell, there used to be a 'stinger' synth sound effect. It isn't on the new DVD.

4. When the blanket-noose first tugs Rod's neck as he wakes up, the 'stinger' sound effect that was once there is missing.

5. The moment before Nancy lights Freddy up like a roman candle in her basement, he scrapes his glove along the furnace to freak her out I suppose. Before, the scraping sound effect used throughout the movie is used here. It's also now absent.

Don't get me wrong, this new mix is spectacular and blows the previous DVD away in every possible way, as does the transfer, but I felt that these odd omissions should at least be addressed.

Last edited by n1ghtmare; 09-27-06 at 07:16 PM.
Old 09-27-06, 08:52 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Fing Alliance... why do they feel the need to fuck up some of these ported New Line discs in Canada - this isn't the first time they've dropped a DTS track and probably won't be the last...makes me so damn angry... I was really planning on buying this today, but when I saw no DTS, I skipped it... guess I'll have to find the US one online...dammit!

MATT
Old 09-27-06, 11:53 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
I'm glad I read this before picking it up. I'll definitely be ordering through the states..The DTS track was 50% of the reason why I was going to pick this up. I can survive with my box set until then
Old 09-27-06, 02:56 PM
Banned

Were any of the extras from the last disc of the box set carried over to this new 2 disc set?
Old 09-27-06, 04:38 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by n1ghtmare
there are at least 4 scenes on this new DVD where aural cues, or sound fx are missing.

1. The tearing sound of Tina ripping Freddy's face off is missing.

2. When Freddy opens the door to Rod's holding cell, there used to be a 'stinger' synth sound effect. It isn't on the new DVD.

3. When the blanket-noose first tugs Rod's neck as he wakes up, the 'stinger' sound effect that was once there is missing.

4. The moment before Nancy lights Freddy up like a roman candle in her basement, he scrapes his glove along the furnace to freak her out I suppose. Before, the scraping sound effect used throughout the movie is used here. It's also now absent.
Alright,I did a comparison between the old and new dvd mono and 5.1 mixes. And on the new dvd,the mono mix is missing the same effects mentioned,except #3(that's intact thankfully). This is strange to say the least.
Old 09-27-06, 04:51 PM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Sucks about the audio effects missing, as I can instantly remember those sound cues just from the descriptions. I could understand them being accidentally omitted from the 5.1 mix, but how did they get cut from the mono mix? Unless the new disc's mono mix is just a 'flattening' of the 5.1 mix and not the original mono mix.
Old 09-28-06, 12:35 AM
Cool New Member

Just watched it. Also missing from the mono track: the music cue when Nancy runs up and "into" the stairs after coming back into the house after being chased by Freddy for the 1st time; the TV announcer's voice when Glen is asleep and about to be pulled into the bed.

EDIT: I was just comparing the old disc with the new and the more and more I see what's missing and the more and more I think about it the more I get pissed. What do you think the chances are of a recall from New Line? This is ridiculous that this happened. Infinifilm further proves its uselessness.

Last edited by HalloweeNightJW; 09-28-06 at 12:48 AM. Reason: Getting more and more pissed
Old 09-28-06, 12:44 AM

Is all the cuts missing from the US cut, Canada, or both?
Old 09-28-06, 01:51 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I knew I made the right choice by passing on it.
Old 09-28-06, 02:46 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
well after reading all of this, I'm making a complete pass...
Old 09-28-06, 08:15 AM
Needs to Contact Admin about multiple accounts

To be honest not a lot of these technical issues will deter me from finally getting my copy. The only thing that is annoying me is that I had it pre-ordered with CH and I have still yet to receive it. I only just noticed that it was under "pending" this morning, which for me usually means that it has been shipped. Hopefully I'll get it by the weekend
Old 09-28-06, 08:17 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

So, are all the audio "defects" in the DTS soundtrack (US edition)?

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.