Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

The Adventures of Brisco County Jr: The Complete Series - Vote for the Cover Art!

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

The Adventures of Brisco County Jr: The Complete Series - Vote for the Cover Art!

Old 03-11-06, 04:46 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If they could just take the gun image and impose it on the background of the desert like the close-up image, that would be better than either. That background behind the gun picture is just too noisy and my eyes would fly right by it in the store.
Old 03-11-06, 04:48 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by lamphorn
If they could just take the gun image and impose it on the background of the desert like the close-up image, that would be better than either. That background behind the gun picture is just too noisy and my eyes would fly right by it in the store.
That's what I suggested too. It would be the best cover that you could get from the images provided.
Old 03-11-06, 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by Ravenous
Whoa, looks like someone has info he hasnt posted on the site yet! (I think). Is theres just commentary on that ep, or did they pull a Simpsons and do every episode?
Just the pilot.

Gord
Old 03-15-06, 11:12 AM

I'm glad to hear of the creative team's involvement; hopefully that increases the odds that the set will be done correctly.

Regarding the two versions of the pilot I mentioned earlier, I checked my tapes again. The TNT version has over FIVE MINUTES of footage that was NOT seen in the original FOX broadcast!! All of it is in the first act. But to add to the confusion, the FOX broadcast has about 10 seconds that are missing from the TNT version. These scenes include:

THERE MAY BE SPOILERS AHEAD!!!!!!!!!
(the show's over ten years old, but somebody's bound to complain...)

1. About 1:10 of more footage on the train with an extended conversation between Marshal Brisco County and the newspaper reporter (starts after the Marshal says "I'll smoke this pipe.").

2. After Bly's escape, the FOX version has 4 spinning newspaper headlines which lead into a scene at the Robber Barons' club. The TNT version has only 3 spinning headlines, which lead into a scene at a San Francisco newspaper, featuring the same reporter from the train. This scene leads into a sequence where Brisco County Jr. escapes from a lynching after being unjustly accused of cheating at poker. These two scenes run about 3:15, then it rejoins the FOX version at the Robber Barons' club.

3. Here's where it gets really tricky. After Brisco is hired, the FOX airing has about 10 seconds of additional Robber Baron dialog; one RB says he likes Brisco, another RB says something like "you always were a poor judge of character." This tiny scene is missing from the TNT airing. But the TNT version has about 1:15 extra footage of Brisco and Socrates talking about Brisco's mission, which precedes the shot where Socrates points out the box containing Brisco Sr's personal effects.

The only other difference between the two versions is that the end credits in the TNT version have been modified to add the cast members who appear in the additional scenes. For the record, my recordings are of the first broadcast of the two-hour pilot on FOX network (don't know if it ever was rerun on FOX), and TNT's first airing of the two-hour pilot (which they refer to on-air as "the movie.")

So which version are we going to get on the DVD set? Could we get a third version containing all the scenes from both versions? If we only get one version I hope it's the TNT version, as the extra scenes really add a lot to the characters. I just want as much Brisco County Jr. as possible!

Oh, and I would also like isolated music scores for every episode! (Yeah, I know I'm not getting that...)