DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Friends / West Wing / Superman: season set news

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-06, 10:27 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
Friends / West Wing / Superman: season set news

Friends

First off, I am vaguely a Friends fan. It's a fun show but I wouldn't spend, you know, money on it. So to some extent I am misinformed about all the different releases of the show.

However, it does look like later this year they may release Friends: The One With All Ten Seasons on it. This release may look something like this:

This new set would be 40 discs, contain all 240 episodes, have "exclusive" bonus features and be packaged as a scrapbook of sorts. The list price will also be $199.

<hr>

West Wing

West Wing is also being proposed as a full series set, with new features and special packaging (no picture) at a list price of $199.

<hr>

Adventures of Superman

Adventures of Superman, the original 60s show, is also being proposed as a complete series set, with special packaging and a list price of $99.

<hr>

Note I used the word may and proposed. This is because I was part of a survey that asked if I would buy these sets, etc. etc. It looks like the sets are probably coming out, but the pricing and packaging is not set (they are considering "book" packaging, season sets side by side, and super-special packaging like Simpsons or Matrix with bust I guess).

So, take it with a grain of salt.
Old 03-06-06, 02:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sucks for those who already got the 1st friends set with all the seasons
Old 03-06-06, 04:47 PM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

I bought the, "Friends: The One With All the Ten Seasons," a few months ago. I'm happy with it, and I like it better than the one that they MAY be releasing in the near future - that's due to the fact that it looks like crappy packaging (look at how those discs are!) Plus, it seems to be flippers.
Old 03-06-06, 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by Wick
I bought the, "Friends: The One With All the Ten Seasons," a few months ago. I'm happy with it, and I like it better than the one that they MAY be releasing in the near future - that's due to the fact that it looks like crappy packaging (look at how those discs are!) Plus, it seems to be flippers.
aw man....i didn't even notice that about the flippers. that's enough to turn me against it. Guess I'll have to hunt down the one that's out now
Old 03-06-06, 07:52 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by marcellusk
Sucks for those who already got the 1st friends set with all the seasons
QFT! I have all ten seasons, which I love to death. Depending on what these bonus features are, I may or may not get it. I am a sucker for special packaging and what-not, but I'm really upset that I invested so much money in all ten seasons only to have them do this shit. I mean come on, of all the television series' out there on DVD, who expected them to pick Friends for this Sex & The City-like collection? Where's Six Feet Under's ultra-pack?
Old 03-06-06, 07:56 PM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

If they do decide to sell a Six Feet Under Series Set, then I hope it's at least reasonable. It's my favourite show, and I've been buying all of the season sets, as they've been coming out. So, needless to say, I'm kind of hoping they don't release one. I'd consider selling my sets, in order to get it, though.
Old 06-03-06, 08:19 PM

has anyone heard anymore news regarding the friends release?
Old 06-03-06, 08:58 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,301 Likes on 945 Posts
Originally Posted by marcellusk
has anyone heard anymore news regarding the friends release?
No, but I would imagine it should be coming up. The price for the regular season sets have dropped below $20 each, no doubt to get rid of inventory to make room for the new boxset.
Old 06-04-06, 01:46 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Is it just me, or does anyone else think that studio's would get alot of money if they sold 'empty boxes' for complete sets that are the new packaging with the new special features, but missing the previously released material that people can incorporate with their old sets...

Like the 'sex and the city,' 'buffy,' and the possible new 'friends' box set would make a lot of money if they where going for $20/25... or atleast i think as much...
Old 06-04-06, 02:07 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I guess I am over my OCD...I don't feel bad that I have the 10 individual seasons and don't have this Friends set.