Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

The Wonder Years is in the works!

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-08, 05:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 599 Likes on 432 Posts
finally The Wonder Years.

can't wait to see it again after all these years.
Old 03-26-08, 09:19 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Wow...a lack of "TWY" series on DVD makes people testy.
Old 03-26-08, 09:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by PacMan2006
Wow...a lack of "TWY" series on DVD makes people testy.
not as testy as if they released it with missing scenes or replaced music.
Old 03-27-08, 12:34 AM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
Thanks for bumping this thread and getting me all excited inside. Now I will go back to the razor blade and Fionna Apple CD...
Old 03-27-08, 01:37 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by whotony
finally The Wonder Years.

can't wait to see it again after all these years.
I don't have the heart to tell him either.
Old 03-27-08, 05:19 AM

Originally Posted by KillerCannibal
Hey, thanks for the kind words, Joel. You're a pretty stand up guy. Don't worry, my priorities are the same as any other college student who works a full-time job. I just take a couple of minutes here and there to address the occasional grammar-abuser and set him in his place. There's really no need for me to stop since no one else is reading this thread aside from you and I. You see, most people here would come into a "Wonder Years" thread expecting to find news, which is usually the case when a thread is bumped. Your lack thereof provided me with enough fodder to produce a raucous burn. Sorry if it hurt. Hey, at least judging by your paragraph above you're putting considerably more effort into spelling properly. Good for you!

Oh, here I am ranting again. Sorry to take up so much of your time. I look forward to your next well-thought out response.

Off to Otterville...
Well thought out response part 2. By Joel Goodsen.

Thanks for your kind words. I feel the need to go out and buy you a nice crate of beer. A college student and correcting grammar in his spare time? Instead of worrying over grammar, save up the time you are exerting into " putting people in their place " and go and have a few drinks, meet some women and then top it all off by watching Animal House after you are all partied out.

You could say " working full time and responding to this thread again and again " Well, you have a point. All this could of been avoided, but no, you needed to practice your sarcasm skills and make yourself feel better. Well, I want to see if my Friday and Saturday night grammar practice sessions are paying off (doesn't look like it so far )

A student and full time job? I can't say anything bad about that, because you are doing something with your life and fair play to you. I just don't agree with the part where you feel the need to be the grammar police. Just because the world of work and education is putting you in your place, please don't feel the need to use grammar mistakes as an excuse to vent your anger. It's ok, I pay tax too

Three paragraphs...yeah that should do for a " well thought out response "

P.S: This thread seems to have learnt me to just create a whole new post in the future. God forgive you actually use the search button and bump an old thread. My advice would be, don't wear clean boxers when you are checking out the forum (just in case you see a wonder years thread bumped and decide to piss your pants with excitement)

Last edited by Joel Goodsen; 03-27-08 at 05:24 AM.
Old 03-27-08, 06:46 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
Originally Posted by MTRodaba2468
I don't have the heart to tell him either.
Old 03-27-08, 08:33 AM

They really need to change the title of this thread.

It would be nice if Dave or Gord would ask their contacts at Fox if there is anything at all to report on the status of this. I would also like to know if/when more wkrp is coming.
Old 03-27-08, 10:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Joel Goodsen
Well thought out response part 2. By Joel Goodsen.

Thanks for your kind words. I feel the need to go out and buy you a nice crate of beer. A college student and correcting grammar in his spare time? Instead of worrying over grammar, save up the time you are exerting into " putting people in their place " and go and have a few drinks, meet some women and then top it all off by watching Animal House after you are all partied out.

You could say " working full time and responding to this thread again and again " Well, you have a point. All this could of been avoided, but no, you needed to practice your sarcasm skills and make yourself feel better. Well, I want to see if my Friday and Saturday night grammar practice sessions are paying off (doesn't look like it so far )

A student and full time job? I can't say anything bad about that, because you are doing something with your life and fair play to you. I just don't agree with the part where you feel the need to be the grammar police. Just because the world of work and education is putting you in your place, please don't feel the need to use grammar mistakes as an excuse to vent your anger. It's ok, I pay tax too

Three paragraphs...yeah that should do for a " well thought out response "

P.S: This thread seems to have learnt me to just create a whole new post in the future. God forgive you actually use the search button and bump an old thread. My advice would be, don't wear clean boxers when you are checking out the forum (just in case you see a wonder years thread bumped and decide to piss your pants with excitement)
Whoa, Joel, I think you've got me all wrong. No anger here. If you recall my original complaint was not your lack of spelling comprehension, but rather your lack of pertinent information regarding The Wonder Years on DVD. Look, I want to watch the trials and tribulations of Kevin and Winnie as much as you obviously do. I guess I just got a little irritated that the thread was bumped, as I entered it assuming (and hoping) there was some new information to glean from inside.

I'm sure you realize by now that not only is the search function a good tool, but it's also considerate not to bump a thread unless you have something vital to add, such as a release date or some little nugget of information. I mean, seriously, did you think that by bumping the thread some random member would, upon seeing the bump, chime in with "OMGZ!! I totally forgot to tell you guys that this is coming out next week!!111!!!!"? Considering that the main page posts news about the most trivial crap hitting DVD, Wonder Years would probably have 5 new threads opened as soon as it was announced.

Obviously you have learned a valuable lesson at this point.

In the event you were slightly curious, my job affords me the ability to sit here and work while continually posting here on DVD Talk, so it really doesn't take up much of my actual time... but I appreciate your concern.

As for the case of promised beer? Newcastle, please. You're a swell guy.

And if you're really wondering: yes, I am this much of a sarcastic asshole in real life.
Old 03-27-08, 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by KillerCannibal
Whoa, Joel, I think you've got me all wrong. No anger here. If you recall my original complaint was not your lack of spelling comprehension, but rather your lack of pertinent information regarding The Wonder Years on DVD. Look, I want to watch the trials and tribulations of Kevin and Winnie as much as you obviously do. I guess I just got a little irritated that the thread was bumped, as I entered it assuming (and hoping) there was some new information to glean from inside.

I'm sure you realize by now that not only is the search function a good tool, but it's also considerate not to bump a thread unless you have something vital to add, such as a release date or some little nugget of information. I mean, seriously, did you think that by bumping the thread some random member would, upon seeing the bump, chime in with "OMGZ!! I totally forgot to tell you guys that this is coming out next week!!111!!!!"? Considering that the main page posts news about the most trivial crap hitting DVD, Wonder Years would probably have 5 new threads opened as soon as it was announced.

Obviously you have learned a valuable lesson at this point.

In the event you were slightly curious, my job affords me the ability to sit here and work while continually posting here on DVD Talk, so it really doesn't take up much of my actual time... but I appreciate your concern.

As for the case of promised beer? Newcastle, please. You're a swell guy.

And if you're really wondering: yes, I am this much of a sarcastic asshole in real life.
I can see your point and it is taken on board. I guess in the back of my mind, I was thinking a bump would not do any harm, as it may catch the eye of a potential FOX DVD representive and furthermore hammer home the demand for the series.

Believe me, I can already tell that you are that much of a sarcastic asshole in real life Sarcasm doesn't stray too far away from myself either most days.

To be honest, I was hoping to leave it at that, untill I saw the Newcastle beer comment ha...But beer is beer and we can always agree to disagree. Cheers
Old 03-27-08, 12:41 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Think maybe you could end your little pissing match now?
Old 03-27-08, 01:09 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 702 Likes on 455 Posts
Can we get a thread title change please?
Old 03-27-08, 01:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by abrg923
Think maybe you could end your little pissing match now?
I don't really think it was a pissing match. Just some quasi-friendly, sarcastic banter. There has to be something worthwhile going on in this thread. However, I think Joel and I now see eye to eye and are finished.
Old 03-28-08, 10:41 AM

Does anyone know if ION is planning on running this again? I missed it the first time around because I don't have that channel and was too cheap to upgrade to a bigger package, and foolishly thought that it would stay on the air longer that what it did. But my contract with dish has expired and i'm ready to ditch them. I have about half of the series on tape from when it was on abc family and I would like to get the rest.
Old 03-30-08, 01:05 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The ION reruns were great except for the episodes they sped up so they didn't have to cut any part of the episode to get in extra commercials.

Still better than not having it at all.
Old 03-30-08, 07:54 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 702 Likes on 455 Posts
Yeah, I watched every episode through the halfway point of season 4. Then I had to start traveling again and was never able to catch up on the DVR
Old 10-07-11, 12:42 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: The Wonder Years is in the works!

For those not "in the know," The Wonder Years is available now through Netflix streaming.

Hey, it's better than nothing (and better than it being on the ION network because you can have marathons, you can pause it, you can rewatch it over and over and over and over and...well, you get the general idea).
Old 10-07-11, 03:22 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Yeah, Amazon got it a month or two ago streaming, but that's great that Netflix got it.

Are the episodes on Netflix uncut with original music?
Old 10-07-11, 03:54 PM
Premium Member

Received 694 Likes on 464 Posts

More like a couple of weeks ago.

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/594...line-free.html

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/595...where-put.html
Old 10-07-11, 04:03 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi's Avatar

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Kory
Yeah, Amazon got it a month or two ago streaming, but that's great that Netflix got it.

Are the episodes on Netflix uncut with original music?
The intro is original, which I believe was something changed. I didn't go past that.
Old 10-07-11, 04:40 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts

The intro is not the original Joe Cocker version. It's similar but definitely someone else. All the other classic tunes have remained.
Old 10-07-11, 05:31 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 40 Likes on 25 Posts

It's also on The Hub. Been watching it for a while. My question is, I don't remember much of the music as others as I was just a child. I remember some of the music, like when Kevin meets a girl at a family vacation and the song, Wouldn't It Be Nice if we were younger played as they enjoyed each other's company. For some reason, that stuck with me. But with these releases on Amazon, Netflix, and Hub, has the music changed?
Old 10-07-11, 06:00 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

From what I've heard only the theme has changed and a usage of a Rolling Stones song is absent in a later episode. This is a very good sign as the original best-of DVD had ALL the music changed to generic instrumentals.
Old 10-07-11, 06:02 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 40 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Boba Fett
From what I've heard only the theme has changed and a usage of a Rolling Stones song is absent in a later episode. This is a very good sign as the original best-of DVD had ALL the music changed to generic instrumentals.
Wonder how they got the rights to that and why the theme has changed.
Old 10-07-11, 07:00 PM

The airings on The Hub are old Turner syndication versions.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.