Reload this Page >

The Wonder Years is in the works!

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

The Wonder Years is in the works!

Old 06-25-07, 07:04 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by MTRodaba2468
And with that said, I would buy the show if ever legitimately released. Even if it was $119.99 a season, if it meant all the original music was on there.
I would as well.
Old 06-25-07, 09:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Count me in that as well. We must have original music for this show. No exceptions.
Old 06-25-07, 09:57 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Infrared Sight
Count me in that as well. We must have original music for this show. No exceptions.
This will be taken as blasphemy but after watching the entire run again on ION, I will say that about 5 to 10% of the music could be eliminated and it would not affect the show. Having said that, it still leaves 90% or so which is vital. If they are going to pay the rights fees they might as well go all the way and get all of the music but again there were some instances where it could be eliminated. An example would be one of the later ones with Giovanni Ribisi's character listening to an album while Kevin was over to visit. The song had no impact on the story and was just background music.

It doesn't really matter anyway because unfortunately I don't see a set with any music being released for a long time
Old 06-25-07, 11:45 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I have 60 episodes to watch now saved on my DVR And ION corrected their act, and the video is no longer sped up some.
Old 06-25-07, 02:36 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Dubya
This will be taken as blasphemy but after watching the entire run again on ION, I will say that about 5 to 10% of the music could be eliminated and it would not affect the show. Having said that, it still leaves 90% or so which is vital. If they are going to pay the rights fees they might as well go all the way and get all of the music but again there were some instances where it could be eliminated. An example would be one of the later ones with Giovanni Ribisi's character listening to an album while Kevin was over to visit. The song had no impact on the story and was just background music.

It doesn't really matter anyway because unfortunately I don't see a set with any music being released for a long time
I'd much prefer to have Steely Dan's "Reelin' In the Years" included on my set.
Old 06-25-07, 03:02 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Two questions...

How much did you buy your set for?

And two...would you still buy TWY on DVD (legitimately) if all the music WASN'T put onto the set? Maybe a good 70% was, but not 100% original music.
Old 06-25-07, 03:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The only way that I'd ever consider buying seasons of The Wonder Years without 100% of the music is if they totally went all out on extras. Documentaries, complete cast commentaries, commentaries with the directors, creator, writers, and so on.

And even then I'd have to think about it, since I hate supporting such releases when they dick around and replace and/or remove any original music.

Last edited by Brent L; 06-25-07 at 03:09 PM.
Old 06-25-07, 04:15 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by SexualPudding
I'd much prefer to have Steely Dan's "Reelin' In the Years" included on my set.
I remembered that not long after I posted it I stand by it not being vitally important to the storyline ala "We've Got Tonight" at the end of the episode where Kevin is stalking Winnie outside her window
Old 06-25-07, 09:00 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by PacMan2006
Two questions...

How much did you buy your set for?

And two...would you still buy TWY on DVD (legitimately) if all the music WASN'T put onto the set? Maybe a good 70% was, but not 100% original music.
If the 70% of the original music that was included was the most important stuff ... like "The Circle Game" at the end of the episode where Kevin and his friends play football... and "We've Got Tonight" in the aformentioned episode... and "Turn, Turn, Turn" in the series premiere.
Old 06-26-07, 07:34 AM

Hi everyone...i'm a brazilian fan of the show, and i also can't wait to this set to be released.

But i gotta say, i'm very concerned about this music stuff...
I'm downloading the episodes to watch the show all over again (the ripped episodes aired on a brazilian channel, with original sound and subtitles), and i from the episodes i watched i already noticed at least 4 changes in the soundtrack, and it was dissapointing.
The first one, was the pilot first scene music, Turn Turn Turn from the Byrds. I almost quitted watching the episode. I couldn't believe they have changed the music.
In the episode "Angel", also from the first season, in the scene when Karen walks in with the radio on very loud, the music that was playing was not "Foxy Lady" but another Hendrix song.
Another one is from the first episode of the second season, Heart of the Darkness, in the first scene, with Kevin in a cave. The original song, "Riders of the Storm" was replaced by another The Doors' song.
And the last one i noticed, from the episode "Steady as she goes", in the scenes where Kevin appear with Becky Slater, the original music was the Thrill is Gone by BB King, and was also replaced.

I don't know who decided to change this...but this worried me...

PS: Please forgive any writing mistakes...rsrs
Old 06-26-07, 07:53 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

For those of us who haven't watched the show since it first aired, I'm not so certain we'd know what was or wasn't cut -- at least I wouldn't. Would it take away from the authenticity of it? Absolutely. But if the only alternative is never releasing it, I'd rather have it now with or without the music intact.
Old 06-26-07, 12:23 PM

I would pay over the top for the set, no questions asked. Pretty much one of the best shows ever made, if not the best IMO.
Old 03-20-08, 06:23 AM

Im starting to think that The Wonder Years is never going to see a DVD release. Has anyone heard ANYTHING? Small or big?
Old 03-20-08, 10:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Yes, I heard someone bumped the thread on the main page of DVD Talk and there wasn't any real news involved.

Trust me, once it happens this board will be flooded with info.
Old 03-20-08, 12:27 PM

I will wait for some new threads and then post another on top of that one then. Cheers
Old 03-20-08, 12:59 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 911 Likes on 646 Posts
Originally Posted by KillerCannibal
Yes, I heard someone bumped the thread on the main page of DVD Talk and there wasn't any real news involved.

Trust me, once it happens this board will be flooded with info.
Burn!
Old 03-22-08, 03:48 PM

It is now a couple days later and I have had time to think about my actions. I want to appologise to every DVDtalk forum reader, that saw my thread bump and got excited. I have let everyone down. I am ashamed of myself. I now realise that the best options would of been to have a) start a new thread and not bothered searching and b) Not of bothered to enquire/raise interest about a series, I and many other people have been waiting on for a long time.

Please, accept my appologies. I can not get through each day knowing I have caused a sarcastic response from a member
Old 03-22-08, 05:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Well, ok... as long as you know what you did was wrong, we can let it go.

I suppose you don't have as hard a time getting through your days knowing spellcheck is a friend and not an enemy though, do you?
Old 03-22-08, 09:27 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I lol'ed. Srsly.
Old 03-22-08, 09:45 PM

AWESOME! I can't wait for this as I LOOOOVED watching The Wonder Years when I was little. LOVE THIS SHOW!
Old 03-23-08, 01:47 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by hotsexyboi
AWESOME! I can't wait for this as I LOOOOVED watching The Wonder Years when I was little. LOVE THIS SHOW!
I don't have the heart to tell him.
Old 03-23-08, 08:20 AM

I suppose you don't have as hard a time getting through your days knowing spellcheck is a friend and not an enemy though, do you?
I know I am wrong, it is if I didn't know I was wrong I would be worried. Please accept my appologies, Sir. As for spellcheck, your comments would be more appreciated if i was two tipe liek dis ya nos widat enee punkchoation at ull.

When I log onto the internet, I don't think of it as walking into a classroom. I am here to chill out and relax, not worry about every single detail of grammar and punctuation. I think I am ok, compared to some other typing skills I have seen. But I do admit, my skills have took a downward spial. It is my own fault though, as I have stopped spending my Friday and Saturday nights practicing(?could you spell check for that for me....cheers)......

Last edited by Joel Goodsen; 03-23-08 at 08:27 AM.
Old 03-25-08, 06:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Joel Goodsen
I know I am wrong, it is if I didn't know I was wrong I would be worried. Please accept my apologies, Sir. As for spellcheck, your comments would be more appreciated if i was two tipe liek dis ya nos widat enee punkchoation at ull.

When I log onto the internet, I don't think of it as walking into a classroom. I am here to chill out and relax, not worry about every single detail of grammar and punctuation. I think I am ok, compared to some other typing skills I have seen. But I do admit, my skills have taken a downward spiral. It is my own fault though, as I have stopped spending my Friday and Saturday nights practicing(could you spell check for that for me?....cheers)......
Ok, fixed. You're welcome.

And if you don't like to feel like you're walking into a classroom I suggest you stay far away from the Otter forum. They'd eat you from the asshole out in about 2 seconds. Unless, you know, you're into that sorta thing...
Old 03-26-08, 10:46 AM

Ok, fixed. You're welcome.

And if you don't like to feel like you're walking into a classroom I suggest you stay far away from the Otter forum. They'd eat you from the asshole out in about 2 seconds. Unless, you know, you're into that sorta thing...
Thank you for taking the time out of your very busy day to correct my terrible spelling mistakes . I know those odd little errors are a big deal to you and I weep for the future. I have nothing but admiration for the way you handle your priorities. Work, bills and tax for the average person. But not you...throw some grammar and punctuation in there for good measure ahead of work etc. It takes a brave man to have priorities like that and an even braver man to showcase these priorities on a DVD forum with sarcastic comments. It's ok you, you're a funny guy. You don't have to impress anyone. You can stop now.

Thinking about it, I may have to schedule some more weekend practice sessions. Who am I to think I can post on a DVD forum and relax and not worry about 5 or 6 spelling mistakes after a hard days work. As for the Otter forum comment, I was thinking you would be more into that sort of thing, since the idea and suggestion has originated from your obviously very educated mind.

Oh damn. Look at what I have done. I am here, ranting on about your priorities and I am creating long responses like this. You have found me out, I am a hypocrite, you win.

To the Otter forum
Old 03-26-08, 04:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Joel Goodsen
Thank you for taking the time out of your very busy day to correct my terrible spelling mistakes . I know those odd little errors are a big deal to you and I weep for the future. I have nothing but admiration for the way you handle your priorities. Work, bills and tax for the average person. But not you...throw some grammar and punctuation in there for good measure ahead of work etc. It takes a brave man to have priorities like that and an even braver man to showcase these priorities on a DVD forum with sarcastic comments. It's ok you, you're a funny guy. You don't have to impress anyone. You can stop now.

Thinking about it, I may have to schedule some more weekend practice sessions. Who am I to think I can post on a DVD forum and relax and not worry about 5 or 6 spelling mistakes after a hard days work. As for the Otter forum comment, I was thinking you would be more into that sort of thing, since the idea and suggestion has originated from your obviously very educated mind.

Oh damn. Look at what I have done. I am here, ranting on about your priorities and I am creating long responses like this. You have found me out, I am a hypocrite, you win.

To the Otter forum
Hey, thanks for the kind words, Joel. You're a pretty stand up guy. Don't worry, my priorities are the same as any other college student who works a full-time job. I just take a couple of minutes here and there to address the occasional grammar-abuser and set him in his place. There's really no need for me to stop since no one else is reading this thread aside from you and I. You see, most people here would come into a "Wonder Years" thread expecting to find news, which is usually the case when a thread is bumped. Your lack thereof provided me with enough fodder to produce a raucous burn. Sorry if it hurt. Hey, at least judging by your paragraph above you're putting considerably more effort into spelling properly. Good for you!

Oh, here I am ranting again. Sorry to take up so much of your time. I look forward to your next well-thought out response.

Off to Otterville...

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.