Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Almost Famous HBO featurette

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Old 02-09-06, 10:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love this movie so much that even though I have the bootleg edition, I still wanted the original single disk release with the "making of" featurette. As documented on this board last year, numerous searches for the HBO feature came up empty. It appears that at some point in time, the single disk version was in fact replaced with one of the disks from the bootleg edition. So, even though the packaging stated that the HBO featurette was on the disk, it wasn't!!!
Yesterday, I was at Sam's Club and spotted a new packaging of the single disk release with a gold slipcover. Not believing there was a good possibility that the HBO feature would be on the disk, I bought it anyway, hoping for a small miracle. What the heck, For $7.24, it was worth the gamble. Plus, if it wasn't on the disk, it might be fun to bring it back and run this story by someone at the Sam's Club customer service desk. I'm sure they would be understanding. <vbg>
Surprise! The HBO feature is on this disk! The original single disk also has a different front menu than the bootleg edition.
Hope this might be of some value to any other Almost Famous completists out there like myself.
Old 02-09-06, 10:15 AM

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
I was just thinking the other day - gosh I haven't yet watched the 'Bootleg' edition yet (which has been sitting in my DVD library for eons)- maybe if I have the time over the weekend...