Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

WWE announces upcoming DVDs

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-06, 09:27 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Hulk Anthology sounds interesting. "Hulk Still Rules" pretty much left out his entire WCW career, and given the pressing date, cuts off anything 2002 or newer. They picked a really bad shoot to close out the 2nd disc bonuses as well. Yuck.
Old 02-18-06, 10:36 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
When is the Pillman disc coming?

And hopefully they do a Bulldog disc before we lose Dynamite.
Old 02-18-06, 11:36 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Is Bulldog really worth a release, though? He didn't have that many solid matches in his solo days and while his end was tragic, I don't think his story is all that unique or interesting.
Old 02-19-06, 01:28 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Al Padrino
Is Bulldog really worth a release, though? He didn't have that many solid matches in his solo days and while his end was tragic, I don't think his story is all that unique or interesting.
I'd say so match wise. He had some good matches against Bret, HBK, Owen (the European Championship finals was a good match), the tag team stuff with him and Owen...
Old 02-19-06, 01:33 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Perhaps. I guess I'd just like to see some other guys get profiled ahead of him.
Old 02-19-06, 02:58 AM

From the Friday WON news update:

"We've gotten a lot of questions regarding the WWE's policy of going after tapes being sold on ebay. I don't know all the particulars, but they are going after people selling their own collection stuff. They want to eliminate not only any selling of tapes with the WWE, Crockett, WCW, ECW and AWA collections, but are actually going after any pro wrestling tapes. One person who sells tapes of a regional promotion that WWE doesn't own the collection of (doing so with full permission of the owner of the territory) got a complaint filed. The complaints don't specify why they want them pulled. They would not have the rights to eliminate the stuff of other promotions, but may try and claim people don't have the rights to sell tapes that involve people they have under legends contracts, and virtually every tape collection would contain someone that fits that parameter."

So if you shot footage years ago at an independent show of someone they now have under contract...they'll pull your auction? That doesn't seem legal to me.
Old 02-19-06, 10:23 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Al Padrino

I was more referring to a Britsh Bulldogs tag team disc. They are the best tag team ever for my money and we're also years ahead of their time. In the process, Davey's single career could be covered.

I think what's most compelling is to capture The Dynamite Kid Tom Billington's feelings. A little man who was the RVD/Jeff Hardy/ Shawn Michaels of his day as far as flying around the ring doing the unseen. He subsquently abused steriods, which on top of being a legit tough guy, has bred many simultaneously sadistic-hilarous stories(check out the one on the Jake disc). Due to his steriod abuse and work style, he's been a wheelchair for a number of years and never heard much from anymore, though he did write a biography a few years back which I've heard is pretty good. He was quite tight with Davey Boy but harbored some resentment as his star grew and he was crippled. That's what would appeal to me.
Old 02-20-06, 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by The Nature Boy
I was more referring to a Britsh Bulldogs tag team disc. They are the best tag team ever for my money and we're also years ahead of their time. In the process, Davey's single career could be covered.

I think what's most compelling is to capture The Dynamite Kid Tom Billington's feelings. A little man who was the RVD/Jeff Hardy/ Shawn Michaels of his day as far as flying around the ring doing the unseen. He subsquently abused steriods, which on top of being a legit tough guy, has bred many simultaneously sadistic-hilarous stories(check out the one on the Jake disc). Due to his steriod abuse and work style, he's been a wheelchair for a number of years and never heard much from anymore, though he did write a biography a few years back which I've heard is pretty good. He was quite tight with Davey Boy but harbored some resentment as his star grew and he was crippled. That's what would appeal to me.
HighSpots.com has a British Bulldog 3 DVD set...it has lots of their classic matches from Japan including the revolutionary Dynamite/Tiger Mask series. I think I picked mine up there for something like $15...well worth the money.
Old 02-21-06, 12:48 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I just got the 2005 PPV box, Road Warriors, and ECW Bloodspory
Old 02-21-06, 01:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by CaseyB
HighSpots.com has a British Bulldog 3 DVD set...it has lots of their classic matches from Japan including the revolutionary Dynamite/Tiger Mask series. I think I picked mine up there for something like $15...well worth the money.
It looks like the DVD set focuses on the Dynamite Kid...I actually think it is just a transfer of the bootleg "Best of Dynamite Kid" tape that has been circulating for years. Great stuff...his matches with Tiger Mask are unreal.

I would love to see a Best of the Bulldogs set...but I doubt it would ever happen. Pure Dynamite is an excellent read by the way.
Old 02-21-06, 09:00 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by xage

I just got the 2005 PPV box, Road Warriors, and ECW Bloodspory

Where did you get that Ultmate Warrior figure?
Old 02-21-06, 09:03 PM

At a Toys R Us Store in Porter Ranch CA.
Old 03-03-06, 01:47 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

any new news on these?
Old 03-03-06, 02:11 PM

Was there a 2disc Armageddon DVD release ? ( the 2005 one, were Batista is the cover)?
Old 03-03-06, 02:41 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by xage
Was there a 2disc Armageddon DVD release ? ( the 2005 one, were Batista is the cover)?
Yes, but it was a Wal-Mart exclusive. The second disc was from another Armageddon PPV.
Old 03-03-06, 05:44 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

^
Correct. It was Armageddon 2003 that was packaged with the 2005 version.
Old 03-03-06, 06:25 PM

WWE has purchased the Flroida Championship Wrestling tape library from Mike Graham. They plan to use footage from that librrary on the Dusty Rhodes DVD release.
Old 03-04-06, 09:45 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Erik68
WWE has purchased the Flroida Championship Wrestling tape library from Mike Graham. They plan to use footage from that librrary on the Dusty Rhodes DVD release.
That's great news. First I'm glad WWE is obtaining most of the old school terrtitories footage because it's good that it will all be kept in good condition for posterity. I wish they could get the WCCW (supposedly they are working on it) and Mid South libraries.

When I read that they were doing a Dusty dvd set I thought it was a shame that they wouldn't be able to include CWF footage since he spent so much of his career there. Now with the AWA, CWF, NWA, and of course WWF footage they should be able to make a comprehensive retrospective.
Old 03-04-06, 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by dx23
Yes, but it was a Wal-Mart exclusive. The second disc was from another Armageddon PPV.

Thanks for the info, however even walmart.com dont have it anymore....
Old 03-04-06, 10:18 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I found this on a site, regarding upcoming releases:

Here is the updated WWE DVD release schedule.

No Way Out 2006 - 3/21

Hulk Hogan: The Ultimate Anthology - 4/4

WrestleMania 22 - 5/16

Backlash 2006 - 5/30

The American Dream: The Dusty Rhodes Story - 6/6

The World's Greatest Wrestling Managers - 6/6

Judgment Day 2006 - 6/20

Vengeance 2006 - 7/2

ECW One Night Stand 2006 - 7/11

The Great American Bash 2006 - 8/22

Credit: PWInsider.com
Old 03-04-06, 11:18 PM

off topic: Nature Boy would you happen to have a posted image of your WWE collections in this forum? I was impressed with your WM Anthology set posted on the other thread. Care to share the rest of your collection's images?
Old 03-11-06, 04:21 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Dubya
That's great news. First I'm glad WWE is obtaining most of the old school terrtitories footage because it's good that it will all be kept in good condition for posterity. I wish they could get the WCCW (supposedly they are working on it) and Mid South libraries.

When I read that they were doing a Dusty dvd set I thought it was a shame that they wouldn't be able to include CWF footage since he spent so much of his career there. Now with the AWA, CWF, NWA, and of course WWF footage they should be able to make a comprehensive retrospective.
Speaking of which......

WWE Legends presents The American Dream: The Dusty Rhodes Story (Release Date: 6/6/06)

“The American Dream” Dusty Rhodes will forever be remembered as the working man’s champion. A three-time World Heavyweight Champion, he has had numerous legendary confrontations with sports-entertainment’s top stars, including Ric Flair, Harley Race and “Superstar” Billy Graham. Decades later, his contributions to sports-entertainment are still being felt. This 3-Disc DVD set will present his life’s story, as well as his most memorable matches and interviews from Florida Championship Wrestling, NWA, WCW and WWE.

Matches

AWA, 3/9/73 - Dusty Rhodes & Dick Murdoch vs. Dick the Bruiser & The Crusher

AWA, 3/24/73 - Dusty Rhodes & Dick Murdoch vs. Dick the Bruiser & The Crusher

AWA, 10/6/73 - Dusty Rhodes & Dick Murdoch vs. Billy Robinson & Don Muraco

Championship Wrestling from Florida, 5/1974 - Dusty Rhodes & Pak Song vs. Mike & Eddie Graham

Championship Wrestling from Florida, Dusty Rhodes vs. Terry Funk

Championship Wrestling from Florida, Lumberjack Match, Dusty Rhodes vs. Harley Race

Madison Square Garden, 9/26/77 - WWWF Heavyweight Championship Dusty Rhodes vs. Superstar Billy Graham

Madison Square Garden, 12/19/77 - Dusty Rhodes vs. Stan “The Man” Stasiak

Madison Square Garden 12/20/77 - Dusty Rhodes vs. Johnny Rodz

Madison Square Garden, 8/28/78 - Texas Bullrope Match Dusty Rhodes vs. Superstar Billy Graham, Alternate Commentary by: Steve Romero/Dusty Rhodes/Mike Graham

Madison Square Garden, 12/17/79 - NWA World’s Heavyweight Championship, Dusty Rhodes vs. Harley Race

Atlanta, GA, 6/21/81 - NWA World’s Heavyweight Championship Dusty Rhodes vs. Harley Race

Great American Bash, Charlotte, NC, 7/6/85 - World Television Championship Dusty Rhodes vs. Tully Blanchard

Great American Bash, Greensboro, NC, 7/26/86 - NWA World Heavyweight Championship Dusty Rhodes vs. Ric Flair, Commentary by: Steve Romero/Dusty Rhodes/Mike Graham

Starrcade, Chicago, IL, 11/26/87 - NWA United States Heavyweight Championship Dusty Rhodes vs. Lex Luger

Clash of the Champions, Greensboro, NC, 3/27/88 - Dusty Rhodes & Road Warriors vs. Ivan Koloff & Powers of Pain

NWA Main Event, 4/3/88 - NWA United States Championship Dusty Rhodes vs. Ivan Koloff

Clash of the Champions II, Miami, FL, 6/8/88 - NWA Tag Team Championship Dusty Rhodes & Sting vs. Arn Anderson & Tully Blanchard

Starrcade, Norfolk, VA 12/26/88 - NWA World Tag Team Championship Dusty Rhodes & Sting vs. Road Warrior

SummerSlam, E. Rutherford, NJ, 8/28/89 - Dusty Rhodes vs. The Honky Tonk Man

Survivor Series, Rosemont, IL, 11/23/89 - The Dream Team vs. The Enforcers

WrestleMania VI, Toronto, Canada, 4/1/90 - Mixed Tag Team match
Dusty Rhodes & Sapphire vs. The Macho King Randy Savage & Queen Sherri

Madison Square Garden, 11/24/90 - Dusty Rhodes & Dustin vs. Ted DiBiase & Virgil

Living Dangerously, Danbury, CT, 3/12/00 - Dusty Rhodes vs. Steve Corino

Greed, Jacksonville, FL, 3/18/01 - Kiss My Ass match Dusty Rhodes & Dustin vs. Ric Flair & Jeff Jarrett
Promos & Vignettes from the following shows

CWF – Dusty in dressing room

CWF – Gordon Solie interviews Dusty Rhodes

Madison Square Garden, 10/24/77 – Vince McMahon interviews Dusty Rhodes

Madison Square Garden, 11/8/77 – Vince McMahon interviews Dusty Rhodes

Championship Wrestling 4/25/78

Mid-Atlantic Wrestling 1/26/83

Mid-Atlantic Wrestling 1/25/84

Mid-Atlantic Wrestling 12/25/84

NWA World Championship Wrestling 4/6/85

NWA World Championship Wrestling 4/20/85

NWA World Championship Wrestling 5/4/85

World Wide Wrestling 5/7/85

NWA World Championship Wrestling 5/25/85

NWA World Championship Wrestling 7/13/85

NWA World Championship Wrestling 7/20/85

World Wide Wrestling 7/23/85

NWA World Championship Wrestling 8/17/85

Mid-Atlantic Wrestling 9/10/85

NWA World Championship Wrestling 9/28/85

Mid-Atlantic Wrestling 10/29/85

NWA World Championship Wrestling 11/16/85

Mid-Atlantic Wrestling 12/3/85

Mid-Atlantic Wrestling 12/15/85

NWA World Championship Wrestling 1/4/86

NWA World Championship Wrestling 1/4/86

NWA World Championship Wrestling 6/21/86

NWA World Championship Wrestling 8/16/86

World Wide Wrestling 2/17/87

NWA World Championship Wrestling 3/19/88

NWA World Championship Wrestling 5/21/88

Superstars 6/3/89

Superstars 6/10/89

Superstars 6/17/89

Superstars 6/24/89

Superstars 7/1/89

Superstars 7/8/89

Superstars 7/15/89

Superstars 7/22/89

Superstars 10/7/89

Superstars 10/7/89

Saturday Night’s Main Event 1/27/90

Superstars 5/12/90

Wrestling Challenge 6/2/90

Wrestling Challenge 9/15/90

Superstars 12/22/90

Wrestling Challenge 12/29/90

RAW 5/5/97

Also....

At last, homage is paid to the brains and beauties behind the brawn - the most famous and infamous managers in wrestling history. The men and women you’ll see here are the architects of a Superstar’s success, and sometimes the designers of their downfall. These master manipulators will go down in history as the World’s Greatest Wrestling Managers:

Captain Lou Albano
Paul Bearer
“Classy” Freddie Blassie
Jim Cornette
Miss Elizabeth
“The Mouth of the South” Jimmy Hart
Bobby “The Brain” Heenan
Paul Heyman
Sensational Sherri
“Golden Boy” Arnie Skaaland
Sunny
The Grand Wizard
And many more!

This release takes a look at the art of managing, the evolution of female managers, and highlights some of the most well-known, colorful managers professional wrestling has ever seen, along with their biggest moments and matches.

Special Features
Capt. Lou Albano vs. Arnold Skaaland – MSG (19/12/77)
Bobby Heenan vs. Greg Gagne – Weasel Suit Match, AWA (17/08/80)
Jim Cornette vs. Paul E. Dangerously – Tuxedo Match. The Great American Bash 1989

Interviews, Vignettes, Music Videos
Vince McMahon interviews Freddie Blassie & Nikolai Volkoff
Tony Schiavone interviews Jim Cornette, NWA World Championship Wrestling (29/06/85)
“Fuji Vice”, Tuesday Night Titans (07/05/86)
Vince McMahon interviews The Grand Wizard & Bob Duncum, All-Star Wrestling (02/04/75)
Mean Gene Okerlund visits the Hart Foundation
Bobby Heenan wins the 1976 Manager of the Year Award, AWA All-Star Wrestling (25/12/76)
Capt. Lou Albano wins the 1985 Manager of the Year Award, Tuesday Night Titans (27/09/85)
Larry Nelson interviews Paul E. Dangerously, AWA Championship Wrestling (30/09/87)
“Together” Randy Savage & Miss Elizabeth’s Wedding Video, SummerSlam (26/08/91)
Sensational Sherri visits the Funeral Parlor, Superstars of Wrestling (01/02/92)
Old 03-11-06, 06:22 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Damn, i was kinda hoping that in the Dusty set they would include the original War Games.
Old 03-11-06, 06:30 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I'm sure we'll get that with some other release. I'd rather have the scarce footage that could only be included here.
Old 03-11-06, 06:45 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Kocheese99
Damn, i was kinda hoping that in the Dusty set they would include the original War Games.
Although never officially confirmed, it's long been rumored that a Four Horsemen set will be released at some point. I'm sure that is one of the matches that would be on that set.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.