Reload this Page >

What Are You STILL Waiting For?!?!

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

What Are You STILL Waiting For?!?!

Old 07-17-12, 01:40 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: What Are You STILL Waiting For?!?!

The Uninvited (1944) is coming out on a UK disc in September. Seems like a pretty solid release too. http://www.hometheaterforum.com/t/31...uk-only-though
Old 07-17-12, 03:12 PM

Location: The Nova Catacumba Exhibition Center on Estrella De Tiago, an Asteroid orbiting the Moon.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Movies:

The 1949 Version of The Blue Lagoon

Earthbound

And a "Holy Grail" Song of the South

TV Shows:

One I'd love to see a complete series release is Lassie

Less than 5 % of this gem of a TV Series is available on DVD. Prior to the advent of the Internet I always thought there were three SEPARATE Versions of this TV Series, Jeff's Collie, Timmy & Lassie and finally Lassie. The Series was well into its "Ranger" Years when I first watch it in the mid-1960s, and I soon discovered the latter two "Versions" when they played in my area on weekend afternoons. I had no Idea they were in fact one enormous Series, apparently when they decided to syndicate the series they broke it up into the three "Versions", making Seasons 1-3 the "Jeff" Version, Seasons 5-8 the "Timmy" Version and Seasons 12-on the "Ranger" Version. The Seasons where Lassie changed owners (4 and 11) along with Seasons 9 and 10 were LEFT OUT (Seasons 9 and 10 actually had multi-part interludes where Lassie spent some time away from Timmy, these were actually "Experiments" done by the Producers to determine who would be the Lassie new Master after John Provost (Timmy) left the series. (A problem with Child Stars when they bare in a long-running series is that they grow up. After this shows third season the actor who played Jeff (Tommy Rettig) asked to leave the series, John Provost (Timmy) was introduced in the first episode of season 4 and in mid season he became Lassies new owner after "Gramps" passes away and Jeff's Mom gets a new Job in another city (In Reality the Actor who played "Gramps" (George Cleveland) Passed away while they were filming the season, they wove this into an episode and the show went on with Timmy being adopted by a Childless Couple who purchase the Farm). Sure enough as the show entered its tenth season John Provost said he wanted out of the series. An episode where Timmy and Lassie get separated (And the dog is found by Forest Rangers) received the greatest response by viewers, so in the firat Episode of Season 11 Timmy's Parents get a Business Opportunity in Australia, unfortunitly Ozzy-Land has a Quarantine Policy that makes it impossible to bring Lassie along, and the dawg ends up with the Rangers.

Only Recently was I able to see the "Lost" episodes, and put the pieces together.

Last edited by Regulus; 07-23-12 at 05:14 AM.
Old 07-22-12, 10:27 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Hill Street Blues Seasons 3 and beyond

St. Elsewhere Seasons 2 and beyond
Old 07-23-12, 11:41 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I wouldn't mind the TV movie A Rumor of War, a memoir of the Vietnam war by Philip Caputo.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Rumor_of_War_(miniseries)
Old 07-23-12, 02:46 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 895 Likes on 720 Posts

THE EARTHLING. 1980. William Holden's last film, and a wonderful film. I'll take on on MOD at this point, even.
Old 07-23-12, 02:51 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by zyzzle
THE EARTHLING. 1980. William Holden's last film, and a wonderful film. I'll take on on MOD at this point, even.
http://openmikecafe.mybisi.com/produ...ricky-schroder

looks legit to me.

Saw this movie again on Netflix about a year ago - enjoyed it. As a kid, this movie was on HBO all the time. Like, every day, almost. I grew up on this movie.
Old 07-23-12, 03:13 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Witchboard 2 and Stepfather 3.
Old 07-23-12, 06:15 PM
Cool New Member

The longer version (tv cut) of Needfull Things.
Old 07-23-12, 07:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 112 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by Mondo Kane
The Dark Knight - (Just any kind of) Special Edition
So much for that. I wouldn't be surprised if WB never re-releases this again.
Old 07-23-12, 08:45 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 895 Likes on 720 Posts

The link provided for THE EARTHLING is an obvious bootleg of the VHS. You can tell by the dimensions of the photograph provided. Thanks for trying. I watched that movie for years on HBO growing up also and have fond memories.
Old 12-05-12, 01:42 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Accion Mutante
The Day of the Beast
Eversmile New Jersey (quite possibly the strangest film of Daniel Day-Lewis' career)
Necronomicon
Next of Kin (1982)
The Resurrected (in anamorphic widescreen, even better would be the inclusion of Dan O'Bannon's unreleased Director's Cut "The Ancestor")
Shivers (c'mon, Criterion)
Old 12-05-12, 01:47 AM

Can't believe this:

...is *STILL* not out on dvd yet
Old 12-05-12, 09:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,401 Likes on 1,026 Posts

Originally Posted by Regulus
Movies:

The 1949 Version of The Blue Lagoon

Earthbound

And a "Holy Grail" Song of the South

TV Shows:

One I'd love to see a complete series release is Lassie

Less than 5 % of this gem of a TV Series is available on DVD. Prior to the advent of the Internet I always thought there were three SEPARATE Versions of this TV Series, Jeff's Collie, Timmy & Lassie and finally Lassie. The Series was well into its "Ranger" Years when I first watch it in the mid-1960s, and I soon discovered the latter two "Versions" when they played in my area on weekend afternoons. I had no Idea they were in fact one enormous Series, apparently when they decided to syndicate the series they broke it up into the three "Versions", making Seasons 1-3 the "Jeff" Version, Seasons 5-8 the "Timmy" Version and Seasons 12-on the "Ranger" Version. The Seasons where Lassie changed owners (4 and 11) along with Seasons 9 and 10 were LEFT OUT (Seasons 9 and 10 actually had multi-part interludes where Lassie spent some time away from Timmy, these were actually "Experiments" done by the Producers to determine who would be the Lassie new Master after John Provost (Timmy) left the series. (A problem with Child Stars when they bare in a long-running series is that they grow up. After this shows third season the actor who played Jeff (Tommy Rettig) asked to leave the series, John Provost (Timmy) was introduced in the first episode of season 4 and in mid season he became Lassies new owner after "Gramps" passes away and Jeff's Mom gets a new Job in another city (In Reality the Actor who played "Gramps" (George Cleveland) Passed away while they were filming the season, they wove this into an episode and the show went on with Timmy being adopted by a Childless Couple who purchase the Farm). Sure enough as the show entered its tenth season John Provost said he wanted out of the series. An episode where Timmy and Lassie get separated (And the dog is found by Forest Rangers) received the greatest response by viewers, so in the firat Episode of Season 11 Timmy's Parents get a Business Opportunity in Australia, unfortunitly Ozzy-Land has a Quarantine Policy that makes it impossible to bring Lassie along, and the dawg ends up with the Rangers.

Only Recently was I able to see the "Lost" episodes, and put the pieces together.
Getting off topic, but I never knew Lassie had such an interesting history, and I couldn't help but feel a little bad about the show being changed because the kid grew up. I would love to see a show take the idea seriously of a child character growing up dealing with new challenges.
Old 12-05-12, 03:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Just how many times can Timmy get stuck in the well? Timmy, you're twenty- fuckin three years old, stop drinking and falling down the well
Old 12-23-12, 07:53 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Hill-Street Blues S3 and beyond. It's a travesty that this Emmy winning show is not getting any respect while the likes of Alice and One Day At A Time are.
Old 12-23-12, 08:39 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Jack Straw
Hill-Street Blues S3 and beyond. It's a travesty that this Emmy winning show is not getting any respect while the likes of Alice and One Day At A Time are.
Someone must hate Steven Bochco. They stopped releasing NYPD Blue seasons as well.
Old 12-25-12, 03:46 AM

The remaining seasons of Party of Five would be nice as well.
Old 12-25-12, 04:10 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

TerrorVision 1986
Honor and Glory 1993
Dark Angel aka I Come in Peace 1990
The Keep 1983
The Borrower (1991)

Out of This World (TV Series)
Old 12-25-12, 08:13 PM

Received 37 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by zekeburger1979
I don't think I've posted in this thread, but I'm waiting for Bon Voyage, Charlie Brown (And Don't Come Back!)
Agreed. Same with Race for your life, Charlie Brown. Maybe they'll release them to tie in with the new CGI Peanuts film that Blue Sky is making.

I also really want Ralph Bakshi's Hey Good Lookin. I wonder why Warner Archive has gone nearly four years without releasing it.
Old 12-26-12, 10:44 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

- Going Ape! (1981 & starring by Tony Danza & Danny DeVito) - probably heading to Warner if with the Warner Archive Collection.
- The Dirt Bike Kid (1985) - starring by Peter Billingsley who remember him Ralphie from A Christmas Story.
- Rad (1986)
Old 08-31-13, 06:45 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I still have a few VHS to replace. I want to get The Man Who Broke 1,000 Chains starring Val Kilmer
Old 08-31-13, 07:16 PM

Location: The Nova Catacumba Exhibition Center on Estrella De Tiago, an Asteroid orbiting the Moon.

Originally Posted by JimRochester
Just how many times can Timmy get stuck in the well? Timmy, you're twenty- fuckin three years old, stop drinking and falling down the well
Timmy never did fall in a well, but Lassie did (During the "Ranger" years) twice!

Here are a few predicaments Timmy got into during the show:

Confronted by a Rabid Dog - Twice!

Gets threatened by an escaped Circus Elephant

Eats Deadly Nightshade Berries

Gets a high fever while having the Measles

Hides out in a Treehouse when he get Pneumonia

Threatened by a Mother Wolf

Falls into a Lake (on three different episodes)!

Gets exposed to Radiation

Gets trapped in a Mine - Twice!

Gets caught in a Balloon and is swept into the wilderness.

Gets struck by a hit-and-run driver

And lots more!
Old 08-31-13, 09:03 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 75 Likes on 43 Posts

Timmy never did fall in a well, but Lassie did (During the "Ranger" years) twice!

Here are a few predicaments Timmy got into during the show:

Confronted by a Rabid Dog - Twice!

Gets threatened by an escaped Circus Elephant

Eats Deadly Nightshade Berries

Gets a high fever while having the Measles

Hides out in a Treehouse when he get Pneumonia

Threatened by a Mother Wolf

Falls into a Lake (on three different episodes)!

Gets exposed to Radiation

Gets trapped in a Mine - Twice!

Gets caught in a Balloon and is swept into the wilderness.

Gets struck by a hit-and-run driver

And lots more!
... he got exposed to radiation? How the hell did he get exposed to radiation?

I am still waiting (and will continue due to music rights issues) for the rest of Murphy Brown. I love that show so much!
Old 09-01-13, 07:11 AM

Lassie Season 6 Episode 17 The Space Traveler (First Airing 1/10/1960) Timmy and a Friend see a Capsule parachuting into a rocky area. Out of Curiosity they open it and out pops a Hamster. What they didn't know is this capsule was launched into an orbit that took it through the Van Allen Radiation Belt, and the Hamster was placed in the capsule to see if it was possible to shield a living thing from the radiation from the Van Allen Belt.

Mom! Dad! Check this out, I glow in the dark!
Old 09-01-13, 08:46 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 75 Likes on 43 Posts

Lassie Season 6 Episode 17 The Space Traveler (First Airing 1/10/1960) Timmy and a Friend see a Capsule parachuting into a rocky area. Out of Curiosity they open it and out pops a Hamster. What they didn't know is this capsule was launched into an orbit that took it through the Van Allen Radiation Belt, and the Hamster was placed in the capsule to see if it was possible to shield a living thing from the radiation from the Van Allen Belt.

Mom! Dad! Check this out, I glow in the dark!
Okay, that may be the best plot of anything ever! I haven't watched much Lassie, and most of that I watched when I was a little kid. I'll have to check out that episode though - it sounds glorious!

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.