DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-3/)
-   -   New Twin Peaks:Fire walk with me DVD...Kinda (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk/450749-new-twin-peaks-fire-walk-me-dvd-kinda.html)

RagingBull80 01-03-06 01:18 AM

New Twin Peaks:Fire walk with me DVD...Kinda

While at Wal-Mart earlier I was digging through the 5.50 DVD bin and found several copies of Twin Peaks:Fire walk with me. I noticed that It was no longer in a snapper but a normal case and it said "Enhanced for 16X9 T.V.s" on the back.

Just letting those Lynch fans know...If they didn't already...

AnonomusBob15 01-03-06 02:25 AM

it has always been anamorphic, but sweet that it is in a keepcase. too bad i already own the snapper.

Bill Geiger 01-03-06 02:42 AM

I have only seen it in a snapper at Walmart.

Cameron 01-03-06 02:49 AM

which wal mart

bis22 01-03-06 03:15 AM

I saw it in a keepcase today in Fargo, ND and for under $4.

Is it likely that a new edition will be released when Twin Peaks season 2 comes out? That's the only reason I didn't buy it, and I won't be watching it until after I watch TP season 2 anyway.

indiephantom 01-03-06 09:01 AM

In Canada, it has always been in a keepcase.

BuckNaked2k 01-03-06 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by AnonomusBob15
it has always been anamorphic....

Are you sure? The box only says:
Widescreen Version: Presented in a "letterboxed" widescreen format preserving the 1.85:1 aspect ratio.
Nothing about "enhanced for 16:9 televisions"

flashburn 01-03-06 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by BuckNaked2k
Are you sure? The box only says:
Widescreen Version: Presented in a "letterboxed" widescreen format preserving the 1.85:1 aspect ratio.
Nothing about "enhanced for 16:9 televisions"

Yes, the original 'snapper' release is anamorphic.

BuckNaked2k 01-03-06 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by flashburn
Yes, the original 'snapper' release is anamorphic.

Woo-hoo! Cross one title off my non-anamorphic list!

Josh Z 01-03-06 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by bis22
Is it likely that a new edition will be released when Twin Peaks season 2 comes out?

Unlikely. The series is now owned by Paramount. The movie is owned by New Line.

Joe Molotov 01-03-06 01:25 PM

Korea has a pretty good Special Edition though, if I remember correctly.

CKMorpheus 01-03-06 01:29 PM

What is this film in relation to the Twin Peaks television series?

cerial442 01-03-06 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by CKMorpheus
What is this film in relation to the Twin Peaks television series?

It takes place before the series. However, don't watch it if you haven't seen both seasons. It assumes you know who the killer already is.

Julie Walker 01-03-06 03:43 PM

I unfortunately have seen most of FWWM on IFC and have never seen the tv series,thus found the film really bizzare and confusing. I have'nt watched it the entire way through though. I still don't exactly know who the killer is though,but am sure it was already ruined for me sometime durring the film.

cerial442 01-03-06 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by Julie Walker
I unfortunately have seen most of FWWM on IFC and have never seen the tv series,thus found the film really bizzare and confusing. I have'nt watched it the entire way through though. I still don't exactly know who the killer is though,but am sure it was already ruined for me sometime durring the film.

They tell the killer at the end. Since you haven't seen it all the way through, you should be able to watch the series and still be surprised.

Joe Molotov 01-03-06 08:07 PM

have never seen the tv series,thus found the film really bizzare and confusing.

Don't worry, that's normal even if you have seen the TV series. ;)

Julie Walker 01-03-06 11:59 PM

Originally Posted by cerial442
They tell the killer at the end. Since you haven't seen it all the way through, you should be able to watch the series and still be surprised.

Good:D

Now could someone please explain the David Bowie cameo sequence? That makes no sense at all to me.

And would I have to view both seasons before seeing the film,or will seeing just season 1 be good enough? Season 2 is not on dvd yet and who knows when it will be released. But I'd really like to see the series sometime since I missed it when it first came on since I was a kid then. Does the show get reran on any cable stations at all?

ivelostr2 01-04-06 12:22 AM

Good:D

Now could someone please explain the David Bowie cameo sequence? That makes no sense at all to me.

And would I have to view both seasons before seeing the film,or will seeing just season 1 be good enough? Season 2 is not on dvd yet and who knows when it will be released. But I'd really like to see the series sometime since I missed it when it first came on since I was a kid then. Does the show get reran on any cable stations at all?

I have still never seen the 2nd season.
In college, we rented the vhs's and when we got to the cliffhanger, we ran to the store to rent the next ones before it closed, bu they didn't carry them. I couldn't find anywhere that did. I about freaked out. then the dvds were released like 6 years later. i watched again, only to be treated to the same thing. Only this time the studio raped my asshole by never putting the 2nd season out instead of Take-2-Video...

cerial442 01-04-06 12:42 AM

They reveal the killer early in season 2. So, yeah you will have to wait until season 2 is out on DVD.

Or watch it some other method. ;)

ivelostr2 01-04-06 12:51 AM

Originally Posted by cerial442
They reveal the killer early in season 2. So, yeah you will have to wait until season 2 is out on DVD.

Or watch it some other method. ;)

There are other methods than DVD:question:
:scratch2:

JLyon1515 01-04-06 08:42 AM

Also of note, the version that appears of IFC is severely edited from what I remember. They cut out the first half an hour of the movie (the Teresa Banks section).

Josh Z 01-04-06 02:33 PM

And would I have to view both seasons before seeing the film,or will seeing just season 1 be good enough? Season 2 is not on dvd yet and who knows when it will be released. But I'd really like to see the series sometime since I missed it when it first came on since I was a kid then.

Pilot episode
Season 1
Season 2
Fire Walk With Me

This is the only order to watch in.

Does the show get reran on any cable stations at all?
Bravo reruns it from time to time, though the last time they did they shifted it to 2AM after a few episodes and stopped about halfway through the 2nd season.

wendersfan 01-04-06 02:57 PM

I still have all the episodes on videotape from when they aired on ABC...

Julie Walker 01-04-06 04:17 PM

So is there any time frame when we can expect Season 2 on dvd? And does Season 1 contain the pilot episode or not?

I'm confused since the person who said the order to view them in was Pilot,Season 1 then 2..then FWWM.

lotsofdvds 01-04-06 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by Josh Z
Pilot episode
Season 1
Season 2
Fire Walk With Me

This is the only order to watch in.

Josh and I drastically differ on our opinions of this movie, but this part is 100% correct. The movie not only addresses the "mystery" of the first 14-16 episodes, but also "flashes-forward" kinda sorta and hints to things that happen in the series finale. The above order is the only proper way to watch all things Peaks.