DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-3/)
-   -   E.T. - Ultimate Gift Set: How many were released? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk/450660-e-t-ultimate-gift-set-how-many-were-released.html)

XBOX360 01-02-06 09:32 AM

E.T. - Ultimate Gift Set: How many were released?

I had gotten number 6,879, but it didn't say out of how many?

What number did you get?

Wick 01-02-06 12:22 PM

I'm not sure of how many were made, but I still see them around. I'm really tempted to pick one up, but the only good-shaped one that I've seen, was about $75 CAD. In total, though, I think I've seen four - three of which were damaged at a DVD store.

dvd_luver 01-02-06 03:46 PM

I already own this, this is one of my most prized dvd's. I am not sure how many were made either.

I remember walking into a Blockbuster a few months ago, like July, and they had one sitting behind the counter in mint condition. I asked why they had it, the cashier told me they ordered it for a customer and they ordered the wrong version, the customer wanted the 2-disc set.

Anyway, they were believe it or not, only selling this for around $50 or so.

I also keep seeing this at a Borders store I sometimes go to. It hasn't been bought yet, but it's in beat up shape and they want an arm and a leg for it.

JACOB 01-02-06 04:43 PM

I also have the 4 disc boxset. Its a very nice set. Also includes the soundtrack score to the movie.

JACOB

The Valeyard 01-02-06 06:26 PM

I love my set. Definately a film that deserves this type of release.

pmreed 01-02-06 07:22 PM

049266. That's the number on the senitype. Got mine during the great K Mart steal, I mean deal :) .

Phil

whotony 01-02-06 11:04 PM

got mine from k-mart too.
wasnt it less the 30 shipped?

movielib 01-03-06 08:14 AM

I got it from K-Mart too. I remember it being less than $30.

Senitype #199827. I wouldn't have thought there were that many.

Spiderbite 01-03-06 08:25 AM

I bought it for a great price back when it first came out & have yet to even watch the damn thing.

I never read that it was a limited or numbered edition though. I doubt it will ever be worth anything. HD is right around the corner.

For what it's worth, my senitype # is 69,443.

Qui Gon Jim 01-03-06 09:03 AM

I saw it used at the outlet store Musis for a Song for $20. This store has excellent deals on used boxsets. I got From the Earth to the Moon for $20.

Cameron 01-03-06 11:17 AM

the bad thing is with still on shelf sets is that you can't send off for the corrected disc...no dts

xage 01-03-06 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by Qui Gon Jim
I saw it used at the outlet store Musis for a Song for $20. This store has excellent deals on used boxsets. I got From the Earth to the Moon for $20.

I saw one too at that price at Barstow Outlet Center, and the same store Music for a Song. I did not get it coz I already have my own copy.

Originally Posted by xage

Fok 01-03-06 01:13 PM

I'm still seeing these around as well. Maybe they're not so limited

flix1 01-03-06 01:36 PM

I own 3 of these myself. I bought 2 from the Kmart sale, got them for around $25 a piece and the third from the order I forgot to cancel from Amazon. I have been cleaning out my DVD collection slowly over the past year, so the extra sets will probably be sold off in the near future.

... as for the lack of the DTS track, there was a thread here not too long after the set was released where if you emailed Universal and complained, they would send you the DTS disc from the 2 disc release. I think you had to fax them your receipt for the purchases.

I got a DTS disc for each of the 3 sets I purchased.

pmreed 01-03-06 01:43 PM

Found it:

MERCHANDISE
SUBTOTAL $24.99
Shipping and Handling $2.98
Sales Tax $1.50
Total Order Cost $29.47
REMAINING
BALANCE
(applied to payment method) $29.47