DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-3/)
-   -   3 Criterions @ Gamestop for $20...sell or keep? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk/450513-3-criterions-%40-gamestop-%2420-sell-keep.html)

JZ1276 12-31-05 04:33 PM

3 Criterions @ Gamestop for $20...sell or keep?

Just picked up Chasing Amy, Armageddon, and the Rock (all Criterion editions)@ Gamestop buy 2 get one free for $20. Already have reg version of Armageddon and don't care much for the other 2. Are they worth keeping or should I try and sell on half.com or ebay?

Thunderball 12-31-05 04:34 PM

if you dont like them, why would you keep them?

The CC Armaggeddon supposedly has some nice bonus stuff.

chasing amy is one of my favorite Kevin Smith movies, but that obviously doesnt' help you out.

The ROck is just a nicely presented DVD. Once again, if you dont' like it, why would you keep it?

Just ebay or half.com it and make some cash, and buy something you really like.

The Cow 12-31-05 04:38 PM

Not sure why you would want to keep them (or even why you bought them) if you don't care for them.

You can sell them, but you probably won't make much more than you paid, if you even get that back.

Joe Molotov 12-31-05 04:40 PM

Chasing Amy won't get you anything. The Rock and Armeggedon might bring you a little, but they're not particularly hard to find either. I wouldn't keep any of them though if I didn't want them.

NatrlBornThrllr 12-31-05 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by Thunderball
if you dont like them, why would you keep them?

Originally Posted by The Cow
Not sure why you would want to keep them (or even why you bought them) if you don't care for them.

Originally Posted by Joe Molotov
Chasing Amy won't get you anything. The Rock and Armeggedon might bring you a little, but they're not particularly hard to find either. I wouldn't keep any of them though if I didn't want them.

Mmhm.

Cinemaddiction 12-31-05 04:49 PM

I'll take your CC Armageddon if you're looking to sell.

JZ1276 12-31-05 05:02 PM

Yeah well I bought them thinking they were worth more than they actually are so I guess I will keep them

Gizmo 12-31-05 05:19 PM

Those are very common Criterions...not worth a whole lot. Chasing Amy is great, the other too I would personally pass on.

renaldow 12-31-05 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by The Cow

Because they's Criterions. ZOMG!!111!!!

canaryfarmer 01-01-06 12:27 AM

Those the the same 3 Criterions that show up All The Time at the local used DVD store. I don't think I've ever seen any Criterions *other* than those 3, now that I think about it.

dadaluholla 01-01-06 12:32 AM

you should go back and see if they have Royal Tennebaums too.
:)

Cinemaddiction 01-01-06 01:36 AM

I remember one GameStop trip produced "The Lady Vanishes", "Throne of Blood", "Flesh for Frankenstein", "Blood for Dracula", "Haxon", and an Image "The 47 Ronin 1 & 2". The Criterions were tossed in the 2/$10 bin, and there was a B2G1F sale going, lol.

Needless to say it was my lucky day, and no, there were no white ringed Salo's abound.

Cinemaddiction 01-01-06 01:38 AM

Originally Posted by dadaluholla
you should go back and see if they have Royal Tennebaums too.
:)

Pawn shops around here have literal STACKS of those, marked @ $5 a pop. Can't give 'em a way, even in a city that more or less could relate to the story more than I wish to know.

asianxcore 01-01-06 03:09 AM

get them if you like them.

Cameron 01-01-06 03:16 AM

Originally Posted by Cinemaddiction
I remember one GameStop trip produced "The Lady Vanishes", "Throne of Blood", "Flesh for Frankenstein", "Blood for Dracula", "Haxon", and an Image "The 47 Ronin 1 & 2". The Criterions were tossed in the 2/$10 bin, and there was a B2G1F sale going, lol.

Needless to say it was my lucky day, and no, there were no white ringed Salo's abound.

somebody got robbed

nightmaster 01-01-06 03:41 AM

Sell while a profit can be made on them. If you don't care from them then I think you should make some money on them to buy something you like rather than sit on them to gather dust.....some things appreciate in value, but I don't think Criterions will as we get closer to some HD format, at least not the more mainstream titles such as The Rock or Armageddon. I picked up the Criterion Armageddon in my local pawn shop for $6 a few months ago because I wanted it for the extras.

Alien Redrum 01-01-06 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by renaldow
Because they's Criterions. ZOMG!!111!!!

:up:

Pretty much.

dvd_luver 01-01-06 01:49 PM

Keep em all'. Sell the Buena Vista version of "Armageddon" as it will surely be re-released sooner or later.

You got a great deal at Gamestop.