DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-3/)
-   -   Six Feet Under: The Final Season ---> March 28th (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk/450502-six-feet-under-final-season-march-28th.html)

critterdvd 12-31-05 02:01 PM

Six Feet Under: The Final Season ---> March 28th

TVshowsOnDVD has posted information on the last season of the series. Extras Include 6 Commentaries (Hopefully one of "Everythings Eventual" and a Behind-the-Scenes feature. They also posted the Cover Art.

I really loved the last season of this show, like every season of the show. I couldn't believe the direction the show took in the second half of the season, But for a change everything felt earned and the way it should be. And Needless the say the final episode left me breathless... Can't wait to pick this up!

TV Shows on DVD Article

http://www.mcnally95.com/graphics/ne...r_S6_small.jpg

teamwinfan 12-31-05 02:24 PM

Just finishing up watching season 4.. can't wait to watch this!

zekeburger1979 12-31-05 03:07 PM

Just finishing up watching season 4.. can't wait to watch this!
You're in for a treat then. Especially the last 5 episodes.

Geofferson 12-31-05 03:09 PM

Glad to see this get an announcement. :up:

DeanoBKN 12-31-05 04:23 PM

Only 3 short months away. I can't wait!!!

Libby 12-31-05 04:24 PM

Great news. Just finished season 3 and Im sure it only gets better from here.

flashburn 12-31-05 05:27 PM

Awesome, sooner than I expected.

Now if they would just get around to releasing the Season 3 + 4 of The Wire, that would be great.

Spiderbite 12-31-05 05:47 PM

Sweet! That means a "Complete Series" boxset should be on the horizon.

David Lambert 12-31-05 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by brianluvdvd
Sweet! That means a "Complete Series" boxset should be on the horizon.

Wow, I saw this line and a thought pops into my head. For the Afterschool Specials final super box set, they made the box look like a schoolbus.

How about "Six Feet Under - The Complete Series: Limited Hearse Edition"? :lol:

critterdvd 12-31-05 09:15 PM

How about "Six Feet Under - The Complete Series: Limited Hearse Edition"?
Or a coffin....

Spiderbite 12-31-05 11:03 PM

Originally Posted by David Lambert
Wow, I saw this line and a thought pops into my head. For the Afterschool Specials final super box set, they made the box look like a schoolbus.

How about "Six Feet Under - The Complete Series: Limited Hearse Edition"? :lol:

You already mentioned a schoolbus so...I guess housing the dvds in a mock-up bus vs. hearse would be in bad taste? ;)

David Lambert 01-01-06 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by critterdvd
Or a coffin....

My wife said "coffin", and my response was that too many horror sets have already been released in coffins. :)

marty888 01-01-06 08:49 AM

Thanks for the heads up - this series went out in style, emotionally and dramatically perfect!

Michael T Hudson 01-01-06 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by flashburn
Awesome, sooner than I expected.

Now if they would just get around to releasing the Season 3 + 4 of The Wire, that would be great.

The Wire has only had three seasons. Season 4 starts this year. I am ready for Season 3 to come out.

astrochimp 01-01-06 09:46 AM

SFU is one of the few shows i would like to have every season on dvd but a lil too pricey for me.

flashburn 01-01-06 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by BigDaddy
The Wire has only had three seasons. Season 4 starts this year. I am ready for Season 3 to come out.

Doh, for some reason I thought they were 2 seasons behind with The Wire, I guess not. :)

conscience 01-01-06 05:15 PM

I'm there. Would love for it to be the same size as the first set (but I am not picky for my favorite show - so that won't stop me).

Thankfully I have the season recorded - I just knew I couldn't wait for HBO to release this excellent season.

conscience 01-01-06 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by critterdvd
Extras Include 6 Commentaries (Hopefully one of "Everythings Eventual"

If you mean 'Everyone's Waiting', then I am sure we will get one for that. Alan Ball would never do that to fans. Would love to have a few cast members on that one as well (possibly as a different track than Ball, though).

critterdvd 01-01-06 06:08 PM

If you mean 'Everyone's Waiting', then I am sure we will get one for that. Alan Ball would never do that to fans. Would love to have a few cast members on that one as well (possibly as a different track than Ball, though).
Thanks for catching my error... I couldn't remember the exact title and guess! But that episode and "All Alone" I honestly think are the two best episodes of the series... if they are on the emmy screener this series is a shoe-in...

reubs82 01-02-06 09:04 AM

We finished up Season 4 through Netflix a few wks ago, and we can't wait to get this final season. I'm not a huge fan of the show, but I have certainly missed the Fishers in this time between having finished that fourth season and waiting for this final one to come out. I'm excited to see how the series is wrapped up.

Qui Gon Jim 01-02-06 11:54 AM

We were waiting to get the DVD set for this season rather than paying for HBO to see it. Just after the finale, there was a free HBO weekend, and for some reason, we got all the HBOs including the OnDemand channel. We took advantage and breezed through them as fast as we could.

This was an awesome season of this show, and the finale is absolutely perfect. With HBO's track record (Sex and the City anyone?) I didn't want to invest in this and get burned by a superior full series set at the end like I did before.

Spanky BananaPants 01-03-06 11:15 AM

This is good news. I missed most of the last season, and look forward to seeing these via Netflix.

I really should've seen the last season when it first aired.

conscience 01-13-06 07:44 PM

Here are the extras on the Region 2 set (http://www.dvdtimes.co.uk/content.php?contentid=59957) - I would guess the Region 1 set should be the same (except for probably the subtitle options)

Features on this five-disc set include:
Anamorphic Widescreen
English DD5.1 Surround
French DD2.0
Subtitles: English, French, Dutch, Arabic, Finnish, Hebrew, Norwegian, Polish, Swedish, English SDH
Audio Commentary on Episode 55 with Alan Poul and Director Craig Wright
Audio Commentary on Episode 57 with Frances Conroy and Writer Jill Soloway
Audio Commentary on Episode 58 with Director Joshua Marston
Audio Commentary on Episode 60 with Director Daniel Minahan
Audio Commentary on Episode 62 with Lauren Ambrose and Michael C. Hall
Audio Commentary on Episode 63 with Alan Ball
Six Feet Under: 2001-2005 Part 1 (featurette)
Six Feet Under: 2001-2005 Part 2 (featurette)
Life and Loss: The Impact of Six Feet Under (featurette)
Here's the (not surprising - good thing) cover art:

http://www.dvdtimes.co.uk/protectedi...-s5_r1pack.jpg

critterdvd 01-13-06 08:01 PM

Im doing a Happy Dance!!! Commentary on the final episodes... as well as Actor Commentaries on on other episodes... YA!

conscience 01-13-06 10:02 PM

I am there with you! I can't wait to hear Frances Conroy on 'Rainbow of her Reasons', Ambrose and Hall on 'Static', and of course Ball on the finale.