DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-3/)
-   -   Subspecies: Epic Collection - 1/6/06 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk/449919-subspecies-epic-collection-1-6-06-a.html)

Bill Geiger 12-26-05 01:02 AM

Subspecies: Epic Collection - 1/6/06

Definitely something some have been waiting for.

http://fullmoondirect.com/DVDS/image...boxset_lrg.jpg

"First Time Ever!!! The amazing Subspecies Box Set import from Australia (all regions DVD, NTSC). This set includes Subspecies #1-4 plus Vampire Journals. All with the original "vidoezones" and behind the scenes material as released originally on VHS. Amazing DVD quality and available in the U.S. ONLY on this site! Release date: January 6th, 2006 at precisely 12:00PST!!! Sale Price will be $59.95

http://fullmoondirect.com/

Shagrath 12-26-05 06:09 AM

Great news! I've never seen these, but my wife loves them. I'll have to pick this up sometime.

jmj713 12-26-05 09:10 AM

I wish they'd do something like this for Puppet Master, with remastered transfers.

Peep 12-26-05 11:45 AM

"Amazing DVD quality"? Are these release any better than the previous ones?

JOE29 12-26-05 02:06 PM

It looks like full screen only to me, but if these are easily available I just may have to get it, I have been waiting for this for a while now.

deadpool24 12-26-05 02:59 PM

only saw the first one. are the sequels any good?

Peep 12-26-05 03:00 PM

Were any of these released theatrically?

ACiDiC74 12-26-05 05:12 PM

None of the movies were released theatrically, and 1.33:1 is the original aspect ratio.

In response to deadpool24, I personally like the first movie the least (although I still love it) I think parts 2 and 3 are great, and enjoyed part 4 also (many people consider this one the worst though).

Vampire Journals is a slightly different style from the Subspecies movies. You could probably say it has more of an Anne Rice influence to it. The vampires are more "sophisticated". A very good movie also in my opinion.

skiblet 12-26-05 07:57 PM

at long last-

i have waited for a good DVD release for these for years. I hope they are better than the transfer that I have right now. I also have custom made covers for these if anyone is interested.

Does anyone know any more about this dvd release ?

Gizmo 12-26-05 08:19 PM

Ill have to check out m Reel 45 trailers to see if these look decent...never heard of the movies before.

ChrisHicks 12-26-05 10:56 PM

Originally Posted by skiblet
I also have custom made covers for these if anyone is interested.

I would be interested in some custom covers.

Rockmjd23 12-27-05 12:38 AM

Anders Hove fans rejoice! :)

skiblet 12-28-05 05:41 PM

Does anyone else think they could have done a little bit better job with the box artwork? I mean the bats just look lame - the pic of radu looks good though

ACiDiC74 12-28-05 06:11 PM

I totally agree anout the artwork. It must have taken about 2 minutes to create. I know bats are highly connected to vampires, but have absolutely nothing to do with either Subspecies or Vampire Journals.

I'm just happy they're being released though ;)

onebyone 12-28-05 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by ACiDiC74
I'm just happy they're being released though ;)

Exactly. The art could have been far, far worse, and I would have been online the day the orders went up getting myself one. I love these movies.

ignition 12-28-05 07:43 PM

Anyone think that these will be released anywhere other than directly from Full Moon? I own Subspecies 4 and am interested in seeing the other 3 (4 was a gift from my girlfriend) but I don't want to shell out $60 for four somewhat campy movies.

ACiDiC74 12-29-05 06:12 PM

The way Charles Band is talking you would think they'd be available through Austrailian retailers, but I have yet to find any mention of the DVDs other than through Full Moon. Plus the fact that they're NTSC instead of PAL makes it suspicious.

I personally feel it's just a way to get around legal issues with Paramount and it's only a foreign release in technical terms.

chemosh6969 12-29-05 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by ACiDiC74
I personally feel it's just a way to get around legal issues with Paramount and it's only a foreign release in technical terms.

That's exactly what's going on. He's said in interviews before how people could get the Puppet Master, Trancers, and Subspecies DVDs is by importing them so he could get around the legal issues.

jmj713 12-30-05 09:12 AM

Are there Puppet Master DVDs elsewhere? And how is the quality?

asianxcore 01-20-06 02:22 AM

is this out yet? I know the date says January 6th, but I can't seem to find it at any online retailers.

PotVsKtl 01-20-06 02:43 AM

Holy crap look at those bats. That's embarassing.

ignition 01-20-06 07:26 AM

Originally Posted by asianxcore
is this out yet? I know the date says January 6th, but I can't seem to find it at any online retailers.

It looks to me like you can only get this through Full Moon directly...

onebyone 01-20-06 10:54 AM

Has anyone who ordered it from Full Moon gotten it yet? I haven't, but I guess Puppet Master took longer so I shouldn't complain.

nazz 01-20-06 11:59 AM

I just came across this thread and had to order it because my wife and I both love these films.

I'm a little worried about full screen and if it has 5.1 or not but I don't imagine there will be another release any time soon.

cerial442 01-20-06 12:54 PM

These went direct to video, so full screen might be the films OAR.

Let us know how the picture quality is.