DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-3/)
-   -   Batman Begins Special Features ? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk/449755-batman-begins-special-features.html)

DVDMagic 12-23-05 05:31 PM

Batman Begins Special Features ?

OK, so I put in the disc and select English and then the comic book starts.

Now what? I try pressing the up, down, lewft, right keys on my remote and I get nothing. Am I missing something completely stupid right here? How do I access the extras?

Help please! :grunt:

paustin 12-23-05 05:43 PM

oh this disc really pissed me off...i mean really, what sadistic fucker designed this? I just want to see my shit not play fucking Myst

Mondo Kane 12-23-05 07:12 PM

It cracked me up how the movie itself wanted to distance itself from it's previous comic-book incarnations. Disc 2 of the DVD, on the other hand...

DVDMagic, just keep messing with the arrows until something gets highlighted and click away.

Dazed 12-23-05 07:19 PM

Yes, terrible way of packaging the extras. Wonder how many meetings they took to come up with something that lame.

From what i remember, once you cycled trough all the pages it does give you a list of the extras so you can just select them there.

DVDMagic 12-23-05 08:23 PM

on all of the pages I see the bat icon. Then after skipping thru the comic book and getting to the credits there is a bat icon and what looks like a chapter icon in the top right of my screen.

I guess I'm just gonna have to keep hitting the arrows until I get it figured.

It's fucking annoying is what it is.

Is the original release (that came with the comic book) the same way?

fumanstan 12-23-05 10:26 PM

You should be able to highlight various items in the comic book to watch the extras. It shouldn't be too difficult, unless your player for whatever reason is preventing you from doing so.

And like another member said, you can cycle through to the end and see the complete list of extras and watch them directly. Not too bad. Memento was worse.

eedoon 12-24-05 12:24 AM

Originally Posted by paustin
oh this disc really pissed me off...i mean really, what sadistic fucker designed this? I just want to see my shit not play fucking Myst

Probably the same monkey who did the menu for Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone. Awful, awful menu.

Mr. Salty 12-24-05 04:31 AM

Originally Posted by DVDMagic
Help please! :grunt:

Any DVD that has been out for several months is sure to have an existing thread about its quirks, etc. Here's one I found with a simple search that should help you out.

Fincher Fan 12-24-05 05:15 AM

I've never had a problem with the disc. I always just go to the main menu that lists all the features.

DVDMagic 12-24-05 10:51 AM

OK, got it figured. Turns out that it was the DVD player itself. I enabled it to play multi region and even though I've had no problems in the past with any DVD no matter what region, I guess the DVD player itself didn't want to "work" on the extras. It's an old APEX model that I've had for like 3 years.

Anyway, I put in the newer Panasonic DVD/VCR combo and it works just fine.