DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-3/)
-   -   Final Fantasy VII - Advent Children release? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk/449584-final-fantasy-vii-advent-children-release.html)

Mr. Cornell 04-26-06 08:31 PM

I think you will find that the vast majority of people who were willing to go through the trouble of Bittorrenting a Japanese-made CGI film which is entirely in Japanese and then hunt up decent fan-made subtitles to go with it are the kinds of people who were going to buy it when it came out in North America anyways. They just didn't want to wait what ultimately turned out to be 8 months for Square to get off their lazy butts and release the NA version.

Joe Molotov 04-26-06 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by PixyJunket
That is the opposite of correct.

So it was the least Bit-Torrented thing ever? :hscratch:

The Valeyard 04-26-06 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by Joe Molotov
So it was the least Bit-Torrented thing ever? :hscratch:

You are the opposite of left.

Slowpc 04-26-06 10:25 PM

Stores (BB) got a ton more today.

asianxcore 04-27-06 07:50 PM

all the places I went to today were sold out of it.

one of the managers at Circuit City told me though they were getting more tomorrow morning. maybe I'll try back then.

PopPit 04-27-06 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by Mr. Cornell
I think you will find that the vast majority of people who were willing to go through the trouble of Bittorrenting a Japanese-made CGI film which is entirely in Japanese and then hunt up decent fan-made subtitles to go with it are the kinds of people who were going to buy it when it came out in North America anyways. They just didn't want to wait what ultimately turned out to be 8 months for Square to get off their lazy butts and release the NA version.

Heck, I bought the Japanese R2 Disc and still ended up picking it up. I wanna check the dub out.

fumanstan 04-27-06 10:19 PM

The Walmart i went to Wednesday night had it for 20 :( Best Buy was sold out again tonight, but I picked it up at Circuit City.

TheMadMonk 04-27-06 10:35 PM

Got mine Wednesday at BB; they had tons; also, they had a sign on the front door saying it was in stock, so I assume they may have sold out of their Tuesday supply, but must have gotten in more on Wednesday, and wanted to broadcast that they had it back in.

Bitgod 04-28-06 05:21 PM

Went to a BB and CC today, neither had it. Went to a different BB on Tuesday afternoon and they were out too. Oh sure, if you want 50 copies of Kong or Aeon Flux, they have it. What the heck went wrong?

milo bloom 04-28-06 05:27 PM

Any more opinions on the Gamestop Bonus disc? My OCD is bugging me to get it, but I'll pass if it's really fluffy.

jessecrx 04-28-06 07:25 PM

My local WM was also sold out. I had the chance to buy the 2 Pack but I wasn't too crazy about FF SW. I came back the next night with an ad in hand for a price match and they were sold out of both the single release and the 2 pack.

I just got it yesterday and watched the beginning and I must say that this is by far the best CG animation I have ever seen. It was borderline real sometimes.

I hope that this pushes Square to remake FF7. There are many out there(like me) who started to play FF7 but never finished it. I would love to play it again with next gen grafx.

eau 04-29-06 12:26 AM

All the BB in the Portland,OR area sold out of FFVII when I was in the area on Wednesday. I took a raincheck instead.

AOD 04-29-06 02:08 AM

I, like a lot of you, had a hard time finding this. I went to BB, CC, Target, Fry's and K-Mart---all sold out (yes, even Fry's!). Luckily, my local Walmart puts stashes of their new releases on the opposite side of the entrance to the electronics Dept. If you didn't know, you wouldn't find them. So, due to that, they had about 15 left down the bottom right corner, hidden.

Big Worms 04-29-06 09:21 AM

Well finaly went out to buy it. Of course BB sold out. So I just walked over to Walmart (same plaza) and they had tons there for $14.97 so I bought it there. Not time to watch it.

Fok 05-10-06 01:06 AM

I can't fucking find this DVD anywhere :mad:

Novasonic 05-10-06 01:10 AM

Originally Posted by Fok

Did you try Best Buy, Circuit City, Walmart, and Target?

Big Worms 05-10-06 08:13 AM

Originally Posted by Fok

Walmart is going to be your best bet. Every one I have been to has a ton of them in stock.

Fok 05-10-06 12:09 PM

Thanks guys I'll check out walmart

dx23 12-17-06 08:37 PM

From dvdtimes.co.uk:

Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children R1 LE in February
Sony Pictures Home Entertertainment have announced the Region 1 DVD release of Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children Limited Edition Collector's Set for 20th February 2007 priced at $49.95 SRP. This CG animated continuation of the Final Fantasy VII storyline is being released for a second time in the US as part of a Limited Edition set that bundles the original 2-disc set with several additional pack-in extras.

These include a bonus disc, script, book and postcards.

Full details are TBC.
Cover art here:
http://www.dvdtimes.co.uk/content.php?contentid=63548

tbwmp88 12-19-06 06:18 PM

The cover art is ugly.