DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Final Fantasy VII - Advent Children release?

Old 02-13-06, 09:50 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Yes! Finally! Not a bad cover too.
Old 02-13-06, 10:28 AM
DVD Talk Legend

The box art looks like a PS2 Greatest Hits Collection game.
Old 02-13-06, 02:37 PM
eau
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Maxflier
The box art looks like a PS2 Greatest Hits Collection game.
Well, PS2 GH collection has a much bigger, freakin' GH banner at the top though.
Old 02-13-06, 07:47 PM

I can't wait for the legit version. I've waited for this for so long I...uh, bought the "legit japanese import"

Still, I'll buy this. I just hope it won't be delayed.
Old 02-16-06, 06:20 PM

Definitely looking forward to this...about the only video game I would actually want a movie for, although I think a movie based on Secret of Mana could be interesting..
Old 04-09-06, 05:51 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I had all but forgot about this film. I'll finally get to see it.
Old 04-09-06, 06:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I probably will get this though I will wait for the reviews on it first.
Old 04-09-06, 06:13 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Ranger
I probably will get this though I will wait for the reviews on it first.
It's worth seeing, but make it a rental .
Old 04-14-06, 12:35 AM
eau
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

GameStop and EBgames have a bonus DVD for pre-ordering FF7:AC. It will cost you $24.99 though.

Details here.
Old 04-14-06, 08:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

So THAT'S why they stuck Mena Suvari in Kingdom Hearts II as Dumb-Flower-Girl.
Old 04-21-06, 07:54 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Finally rented this yesterday. It's a solid action film so I liked it and will definitely buy it. That said, the dub was a mixed bag. The rumours of the film being re-animated for the English dub are untrue (the only thing that changes based on which language you pic is the end credits) but that doesn't matter much. What does matter is that the English dub is a mixed bag. Most of the cameos sound just right (especially Yuffie and Barret) but Steve Burton seemed a little off sometimes as Cloud, Mena Suvari was simply horrible as Aerith (I've yet to play Kingdom Hearts II but, if this is true to her performance there, I'm really upset Mandy Moore didn't return), Sepiroth was great (and I don't even like that character) but Kadaj and his two brothers left a lot to be desired. I'm glad they kept the Japanese dub because the performances were more consistent there (although dialogue in the Japanese script seems very stiff compared to the English adaptation).

I should also mention that there is some Japanese text at the beiginning of the film that goes untranslated in the English language version. You have to manually turn on the subtitles to find out what it says and them switch them off for the rest of the film, if you choose to watch the film in English.

EDIT: I take back what I said about Kadaj. I just rewatched the film and he was spot on as the junior villain. And Lodz fit as a Mongo (but with verbal skills) sort of character. It's Yazoo (the longer haired of the two long haired Jenova remnants) that rubbed me the wrong way. But I assume the airhead delivery was intentional.

Last edited by RocShemp; 04-21-06 at 01:50 PM.
Old 04-21-06, 08:42 PM
Suspended

I loved playing FF7 back in the day. However, I never even cared to play another one after that. I look forward to this film. I will buy it blind (somewhat blind) I hope its up to par with the game.
Old 04-22-06, 12:23 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/read.php?ID=21290
Old 04-22-06, 01:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Thanks! I was waiting for that review.
Old 04-22-06, 05:36 PM
DVD Talk Hero

That review was definitely on the money. But it also kinda bummed me out cos the mom and pop rental where I rented the DVD has developed a nasty habbit of removing the second discs from two disc sets (unless the actual film is spread across two discs) so I didn't get to watch any of the special features.

Still, I'm definitely picking up this release so I will get to enjoy them soon.
Old 04-23-06, 01:38 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by RocShemp
That review was definitely on the money. But it also kinda bummed me out cos the mom and pop rental where I rented the DVD has developed a nasty habbit of removing the second discs from two disc sets (unless the actual film is spread across two discs) so I didn't get to watch any of the special features.
What's the point of that? Where are all the extra discs? Do they keep them locked in a glass case on display behind the counter for their own amusement?
Old 04-24-06, 04:09 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Apparently customers had taken it upon themeselves to not return the special features discs. Why would they bother to keep said discs is a question I didn't bother asking. Of course, I also neglected to ask why they didn't just charge the persons responsible for the missing discs.
Old 04-25-06, 01:00 AM

I've been waiting for this for quite a while. Pretty bummed when it got delayed. I'll be picking this up later this morning. It'll be nice to watch the Reminiscence feature bring back all the memories of pulling consecutive all nighters with friends playing the crap out of FF7.
Old 04-25-06, 01:12 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Anyone think that Last Order was not included on the set because of a subsequent double-dip or perhaps it'll be included in an eventual BluRay release as a bonus?
Old 04-25-06, 01:14 AM
Banned

GameStop has a bonus disc they're offering with their copies of "FF 7:AC". May be on there...I have no clue what it contains, personally.
Old 04-25-06, 08:55 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Cinemaddiction
GameStop has a bonus disc they're offering with their copies of "FF 7:AC". May be on there...I have no clue what it contains, personally.
From the GameStop website:

"Bonus Offer! - Preorder Final Fantasy: Advent Children and receive an Exclusive FFVII Advent Children Bonus Disc FREE! Contains in depth interviews with the leading voice acting cast! While supplies last! "

Probably not worth the extra $5.
Old 04-25-06, 10:06 AM
Banned

Not at all.
Old 04-25-06, 12:02 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Our bonus disc at Gamestop apparently has over 90 minutes of extras...I'll let ya know tonight when I watch it.
Old 04-25-06, 12:29 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Originally Posted by Big Dave
From the GameStop website:

"Bonus Offer! - Preorder Final Fantasy: Advent Children and receive an Exclusive FFVII Advent Children Bonus Disc FREE! Contains in depth interviews with the leading voice acting cast! While supplies last! "

Probably not worth the extra $5.
Extra 5? Most B&Ms (IIRC) are charging around $15 for this. That makes this puppy almost as much as the DVD(s) itself.
Old 04-25-06, 02:58 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Actually, it's just a 17 minute documentary with the English VA's, according to some fellow over at GameFAQs. Not the most reliable source, I know, but it sounds about what I expected. My local EB expected to sell the two disc set alone (with no mention of the third disc) for $28. I bought it for $20.99 at my local K-Mart. I could have ordered it for $17.94 (that's including s&h) at Amazon.com but didn't feel like using my credit card. Good thing too cos they called me today to say that check I sent them to pay off a few purchases bounced (which makes no sense because there are funds in the account I used to pay them). Anyhoo, I've been through the second disc and it's nice to revisit all those trailers and see how far the film has come. All I've left to watch is the documentary and the Venice Film Festival version.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.