DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-3/)
-   -   I got my early Christmas gift and it is a sealed Ultimate Terminator 2 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk/449035-i-got-my-early-christmas-gift-sealed-ultimate-terminator-2-a.html)

DVDFreaker 12-16-05 03:36 PM

I got my early Christmas gift and it is a sealed Ultimate Terminator 2

I got my early Christmas gift from my girlfriend and I was shocked to find out that it is a sealed Ultimate Terminator 2 Edition SEALED and I asked her if she got it on E-Bay and she said no, she got it at FYE in Boston and there was many copies of them, I thought they can only be found on E-Bay but I guess not but I am shocked but that was a nice Christmas gift, now I have the Ulimate and Extreme Edition, hell yeah! :thumbsup: :D2:

marcellusk 12-16-05 03:57 PM

She sounds like a keeper. I sent my girl to get sin city this last tues and she comes back with the one that came out earlier this year. WTF????? anyway.....you plan on opening it soon?

TheKing 12-16-05 04:01 PM

Did you get the metal slipcase, or the cardboard one?

DVDFreaker 12-16-05 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by marcellusk
She sounds like a keeper. I sent my girl to get sin city this last tues and she comes back with the one that came out earlier this year. WTF????? anyway.....you plan on opening it soon?

Yeah she is, she's my baby! Yeah, I am planning to open it and check out the extra features :)

Groucho 12-16-05 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by DVDFreaker
Yeah, I am planning to open it and check out the extra features

But enough about your girlfriend...I want to hear about the DVD!

DVDFreaker 12-16-05 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by TheKing
Did you get the metal slipcase, or the cardboard one?

I didn't get the metal slipcase or cardboard one, it was just the case with the DVDs inside but I always throw slipcases away since it is useless...

DVDFreaker 12-16-05 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by Groucho

Haha!

OldBoy 12-16-05 04:17 PM

i dun git it. what is the big deal about the UE? it isn't valuable and doesn't even have the slipcase...of any kind.

Altimus Prime 12-16-05 04:19 PM

Doesn't the UE have some content that the EE does not have?

DVDFreaker 12-16-05 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by scott1598
i dun git it. what is the big deal about the UE? it isn't valuable and doesn't even have the slipcase...of any kind.

It is valuable to some people like me

GoldenJCJ 12-16-05 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by marcellusk

Pssh... I sent my girlfriend out to get LOTR: The Two Towers and she came back with The Fellowship of the Ring. I guess all the LOTR's are the same to some people..
God love 'em anyway...

can't live with 'em...um...I'm gunna go watch tv now.

Tarantino 12-16-05 05:56 PM

Rookies. Never send someone else out to get a DVD if you're a collector or a fanatic.

= J

The Valeyard 12-16-05 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by Tarantino
Rookies. Never send someone else out to get a DVD if you're a collector or a fanatic.

= J

True. I tell everyone I know NEVER buy a DVD for me because I either a) have it already or b) they're gonna get the wrong one.

I tell them to just give me gift cards. It'll end up going towards a DVD anyways.

OldBoy 12-16-05 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by GoldenJCJ
can't live with 'em...um...I'm gunna go watch tv now.

or

"can't live with them...pass the beer nuts."

Numes 12-16-05 07:00 PM

= J

If I request DVD's as gifts, I always send a link to the amazon page so they know exactly what the cover looks like. If I know there are multiple versions (i.e. Twilight Zone), I try to make that painfully apparant.

Comfort Eagle 12-16-05 07:10 PM

The metal slipcase sucks anyway so you arent missing out. I didnt even know this was hard to find.

Snowmaker 12-16-05 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by DVDFreaker
I didn't get the metal slipcase or cardboard one, it was just the case with the DVDs inside but I always throw slipcases away since it is useless...

It should have some form of a slipcover.

You sure its a NEW one?

Josh Z 12-16-05 10:41 PM

Originally Posted by Groucho

Enough about the DVD... I want to hear about the girlfriend!

What's she look like? Got any dirty pictures?

The Valeyard 12-16-05 11:07 PM

Originally Posted by Josh Z
Got any dirty pictures?

http://sports.tjhsst.edu/xc/photos/C...dy%20leigh.jpg

DVDFreaker 12-17-05 12:49 AM

Originally Posted by Snowmaker
It should have some form of a slipcover.

You sure its a NEW one?

Yes, it is a new one, it is sealed, I wish I have a camera so I can post the picture of it but I will do it when I can

The Monkees 12-17-05 01:02 AM

= J

Agreed.

For Christmas every year, I need to put what edition I want in bold and underline it so they know which one to get

GuessWho 12-17-05 04:07 PM

You've already waited years to have this... why didn't she wait till Christmas?

DVDFreaker 12-17-05 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by GuessWho
You've already waited years to have this... why didn't she wait till Christmas?

Because she won't be here with me for Christmas, that is because we exchange presents early

GuessWho 12-17-05 04:39 PM

Aww, sorry man. :(

DVDFreaker 12-17-05 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by GuessWho
Aww, sorry man. :(

Thanks but that is okay, she is coming back after Christmas :)