DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-3/)
-   -   The Island Special Edition? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk/448891-island-special-edition.html)

mbw555 12-15-05 11:08 AM

The Island Special Edition?

Does anybody think there will be a 2-disc Special Edition of The Island? If so, give your thoughts on what you think it will include.

Giles 12-15-05 11:12 AM

yeah the second disc will be like the movie - a whole bunch of product placement commercials.

mbw555 12-15-05 11:16 AM

hey, i loved this movie. it was one of my favorite movies of the year. I am serious about this.

ShagMan 12-15-05 12:41 PM

I would appreciate any (serious) news about this re-release as well. This month's release had "back-stabbing double-dip" written all over it, so I didn't pick it up.

Toben 12-15-05 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by ShagMan
I would appreciate any (serious) news about this re-release as well. This month's release had "back-stabbing double-dip" written all over it, so I didn't pick it up.

Not to mention the fact that the Canadian release doesn't even have English 5.1 sound. :mad: If I can find a used U.S. copy of this on the cheap I'm all over it.

speedy1961 12-15-05 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by Toben
Not to mention the fact that the Canadian release doesn't even have English 5.1 sound. :mad: If I can find a used U.S. copy of this on the cheap I'm all over it.

Try the local pawn shops near you next week.

I've scored a lot of decent dvd deals at those of late.

Michael Corvin 12-15-05 01:00 PM

Yep. I got home before I saw the lack of special features. This has double-dip written all over it. Mine is still sealed, I am still debating whether or not to return it. I have never seen it, so I am up in the air.

Toben 12-15-05 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by speedy1961
Try the local pawn shops near you next week.

I've scored a lot of decent dvd deals at those of late.

Yeah, I always pay a visit to my local used dvd/cd/record shop every day on my lunch hour. Pickings have been slim lately though. But I did score a couple of U.S. discs there before, so I'm crossing my fingers.

OldBoy 12-15-05 02:17 PM

it's going to be released as a "Criterion Collection" (there were several threads about this long ago), so obviously there will be many more extras to come.

Shagrath 12-15-05 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by scott1598
it's going to be released as a "Criterion Collection" (there were several threads about this long ago), so obviously there will be many more extras to come.

I'm pretty sure that thread was meant to be taken as a joke.. I could be wrong though.

Willh51 12-15-05 02:53 PM

I'd say HD is the next release for this.

Squirrel God 12-15-05 03:17 PM

UK retailers originally listed two versions: a single disk, and a 2-disk Special Edition. So I'm sure the content is there for a re-release.

I wonder if Paramount's acquiring of Dreamworks had anything to do with the seemingly rushed nature of this release.

John*D 12-15-05 05:07 PM

UNI has to make their money back. PLENTY of SUPER POOPER DUPER EDITIONS coming. I'm going to rent this at netflix and if I like it, wait for the dips...

OldBoy 02-10-06 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by mbw555
Does anybody think there will be a 2-disc Special Edition of The Island? If so, give your thoughts on what you think it will include.

you realize you have 3 threads open on this very subject? in fact you keeping creating threads on the same dvd just with slightly different subjects. what is up with that?