DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-3/)
-   -   Peter Jackson's King Kong rumored for April 2006 release [merge] (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk/448773-peter-jacksons-king-kong-rumored-april-2006-release-%5Bmerge%5D.html)

SINGLE104 03-26-06 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by Wallet Boy
I think that means that Disc 2 extras will be 1.78:1.

I was wondering about this myself. Glad you had clarified it.

grim_tales 03-27-06 04:07 AM

Originally Posted by Rogue588
Not on my end. Liked the film. Liked the voyage there (well, perhaps with the exception of the "Jimmy" subplot). Liked everything about this flick.

Hell, any movie that could make you wanna see a relationship between a (previously thought of) unremarkable blonde and a giant ape...that's movie magic, my friends.

:thumbsup: :)

ZakiHasan 03-27-06 10:01 AM

Here it is straight from the Horse's Mouth:
Question: And no major deleted scenes or anything like that?

Jackson: No, that's all been saved for, ... it depends on Universal making a decision, but they seem to be pretty, keen on the idea of doing a 3 or 4 disc release, towards the end of the year which would include deleted scenes and bloopers and a whole new raft of docos that would go a lot deeper into the technical stuff of the making of the film that we couldn't show in the production diaries.

MrVette99 03-27-06 01:11 PM

Peter Jackson needs to get some creativity. Adaptations and remakes -- does this guy have an original idea????

OldBoy 03-27-06 03:06 PM

i just got this and man, they really did a bad job with the 2-disc cover. i know they went for classy, but boring and uninteresting is more like it. good thing the content more than makes up for it.

OldBoy 03-27-06 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by MrVette99
Peter Jackson needs to get some creativity. Adaptations and remakes -- does this guy have an original idea????

are you kidding with this feeble statement? have you seen his films??? LOTR's and KK. maybe the stories are adapted from material, but have you seen his films!!!!
i dare you to find other films that even remotely resemble the breathtaking awe inspiring visuals him and his WETA team have created.

mzupeman2 03-27-06 03:51 PM

Be careful what you say there Scott as you're bound to get people who will argue that 'awe inspiring visuals don't make a movie' which is true but...

... as you've said, LOTR and KK, I personally thought both were great. LOTR especially was a masterpiece especially in its extended form, and King Kong wasn't as great as LOTR in my opinion by far but what is? King Kong actually had me tearing up, and no movie does that to me really. Jackson did a great job with Kong.

TheMovieman 03-27-06 04:08 PM

2-disc (which I got today in the mail from Tower) and 3-disc later.

zombiezilla 03-27-06 04:24 PM

Yes, the Kong finale was very sad, and even though I expected it to be very sad, I still had the "trembling lip" and teary eyes as the credits rolled...my kids (3 and 7) were like, "Daddy, what's wrong?" I just told them that I thought that the end of the movie was sad, and they were OK with that.

OldBoy 03-27-06 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by mzupeman2
Be careful what you say there Scott as you're bound to get people who will argue that 'awe inspiring visuals don't make a movie' which is true but...

... as you've said, LOTR and KK, I personally thought both were great. LOTR especially was a masterpiece especially in its extended form, and King Kong wasn't as great as LOTR in my opinion by far but what is? King Kong actually had me tearing up, and no movie does that to me really. Jackson did a great job with Kong.

i'm not saying the visuals make the movie, but his visuals, in those movies were utterly creative and brand spanking new and probably have transformed technology in movie making forever. very similar to what Lucas did when he created "Star Wars" (1977).

mzupeman2 03-27-06 06:23 PM

No, I know what you were saying, I just didn't want to see you get flamed for it.

Giles 03-27-06 06:26 PM

sorry that this comment is not about the DVD, but with IMDB's site, somewhere over there has made the search button get shaken by King Kong in animation form, once it's funny, but after awhile it gets grating... quick.

rmick 03-27-06 08:49 PM

As sure as I thought that an EE was a for sure money-grab by Universal, I'm beginning to have my doubts. I don't really know one way or the other, but it would seem the EE would be based on the performance of the current release, and I'm at least a little skeptical about how it's going to perform. Jackson's Kong just seems to not have maintained that big momentum that it seemed it would have (lack of Oscar noms, and just that I haven't felt like I've heard anyone actually talk about it since December). I could entirely be wrong, and hopefully will be proven wrong starting tomorrow (I know I'm picking up the 2 disc and already have the production diaries), but isn't there a chance that this DVD just won't do well enough to warrant Universal pouring a couple million into completing unfinished CGI sequences?

thing-fish24 03-27-06 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by scott1598
are you kidding with this feeble statement? have you seen his films??? LOTR's and KK. maybe the stories are adapted from material, but have you seen his films!!!!
i dare you to find other films that even remotely resemble the breathtaking awe inspiring visuals him and his WETA team have created.

Peter Jackson's LOTR trilogy sucked. And "Kong" didn't need a remake. The man is a hack.

tonymontana313 03-27-06 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by thing-fish24
Peter Jackson's LOTR trilogy sucked. And "Kong" didn't need a remake. Get your head out of your arse -- the man is a hack.

Dude, you are going to have a real quick stay here with those type of words.

thing-fish24 03-27-06 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by tonymontana313
Dude, you are going to have a real quick stay here with those type of words.

If someone is offended by the fact that I dislike Peter Jackson's brutal raping of the brilliant writing of J.R.R. Tolkien, he/she is easily offended and shouldn't be posting on a message board.

tonymontana313 03-27-06 09:08 PM

If someone is offended by the fact that I dislike Peter Jackson's brutal raping of the brilliant writing of J.R.R. Tolkien, he/she is easily offended and shouldn't be posting on a message board.

Let me be more specific. The "get your head out of your arse" comment was uncalled for.

OldBoy 03-27-06 09:22 PM

:bye:

Josh H 03-27-06 09:22 PM

Not to mention it's a thread crap since this thread isn't asking for opinions on Jackson or King Kong. It's not a review thread.

It's a thread asking those who liked the movie enough to buy it on DVD which version they are picking up.

thing-fish24 03-27-06 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by scott1598
:bye:

Ah, I see I've found a member of the easily offended...

OldBoy 03-27-06 09:37 PM

:brickwl:

The Valeyard 03-27-06 09:59 PM

:brickwl2:
:hairpull:

-ohbfrank-

thing-fish24 03-27-06 10:13 PM

Well, don't blame me because you two are easily offended.

Vendetta-AKK 03-27-06 10:26 PM

Well, don't blame me because you two are easily offended.

It's not a matter of being easily offended, it's just you obviously lack the coherency to understand the difference between the written word medium and that of film. And in addition to that you clearly have no taste.

dx23 03-27-06 10:35 PM

Originally Posted by MrVette99

Haven't you been warned enough of your consistent threadcrapping? If you don't like the DVD,or film for that matter, don't come here and crap all over it.